Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Paul, glad you could join us for a change! That river class vessel is on a far back burner, I just haven't felt much inspiration to clean up my trainroom and do more scenic work; first-things-first I guess. Maybe when the cooler weather sets in you can park the tractor and continue building up that fleet of ore hoppers...

Steve I guess you'll be saying 'syonara' to Britain pretty soon, do you plan to keep modeling British prototypes, start modeling Kiwi trains, or both? BTW...what exactly is a "Speight"?

Jim - I always end up repainting my loco trucks, whether or not they are in the correct color. On the prototype they're the first things to get dirty with regular use, and deep shiny black trucks just don't look 'typical' to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening Gang:
Jim: Believe me putting on the bale forks and hauling the big round bales is a hoot compared to handling the square ones by hand. We've got a new tractor coming soon I hope. It has a cab and air and heat and 3 years of payments.
Ken: I know how you feel. I haven't been able to get to the basement all summer. The bad part is down here things don't shut down outside in the winter. I have ordered a Hiawatha from Walthers. I have a connection to get stuff from them at cost plus tax. Even with that it's expensive, but so are other addictions, and this is more fun.
Well it's late and after what I commited to today I'm tired.
Good Night All

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

10-31-07

:eek:

halloween_image.jpg

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning folks

It is 45 F right now with a high of 66 F. I am heading into the office late this morning. I have to take the kids to the doctors for regular check-ups. We got ghosted last night. What is ghosting? It is when a kid leaves some candy, and a note saying you have been ghosted. Then you have to ghost three friends. You put the note in the window so that you can’t be ghosted again. So last night the kids had to ghost three of their friends.

I finished weathering the wheels and trucks for the LV, PC, SCL, and N&W boxcars. I need to seal the wheels, however.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning, and a happy All Hallows Eve to all of you. I am up bright and early today so that I can take my geriatric kitty cat to the vet for her blood test. She is standing right next to the computer keyboard and has no clue of what is to come......................

It is 45°F here right now with a predicted high of 68°F and partly cloudy skies for today. Should be a nice night for the little monsters to go Trick or Treating.

Tom, Ghosting sounds like fun!

Good morning.

56 this morning with a high of 80 expected under sunny skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/31/2007

Wind Chill: 56°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 53°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 80 Sunny. Highs around 80. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010005-6.jpg

Morning all!

Lookin' nice 'round here today! Highs should top out in the upper 60's to near 70 degrees.

Too bad I'll be cooped up in my windowless office again........on the other hand, at least I have an office. I should practice being more thankful for the job I have!

Good Morning Bill , Tom ,Ray, Jeffrey & Phillip and all others coming in to the coffee shop ! Happy Halloween to all you candy monsters !!! Just came back from the foot doctor. had my circulation tested in my feet and toes and evrything is normal.To all you non diabetics it is important to have your feet looked at by a doctor to make sure nothing is going on down in the basement . Well gonna get ready for the little tricksters so you all have a nice day !!!!!

Hello everyone and BOO!
Our guests has left so now I can get on with more fun things:rolleyes: . The wife is off today, so I hope she doesn't start a list.

Too bad I'll be cooped up in my windowless office again........on the other hand, at least I have an office. I should practice being more thankful for the job I have!
Philip, when I went into post secondary education, I always kept my old beat-up hardhat hanging in my office. When things got frustrating, I always would take a look at the hat and remember just how tough things could be, if I were still in industrial maintenance getting banged up all the time.;) :)

Hiya Paul B.! Glad to see'ya.

Happy Halloween!

I won me a FP45 WC unit yesterday...on e-bay...I am a UP man but I am a sucker for some of these WC units for run thrus on the line!:D
View attachment 7589
additional detailing and weather will follow...will need to check to see if the road number actuall existed too.

I won me a FP45 WC unit yesterday...on e-bay...I am a UP man but I am a sucker for some of these WC units for run thrus on the line!:D
View attachment 7589
additional detailing and weather will follow...will need to check to see if the road number actuall existed too.
Should be correct, if memory serves me right.

EDIT, yesum:
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/wc/wc6650m.jpg

One of my favorite pictures (Lost in a computer cash years back) was one I found online, of an F45 back to back set running in the snow. Such a beautiful thing. When Athearn's Genesis ones hit, I'm going to buy the WCL ones, a twin set....

Evening all,
Ken L it's a drink,,, a rather potent drink if ya know what i mean.

Josh did you feel the ground move earlier

NCE powercab came today, just had an hour running my 1 DCC sound train with it, very nice to.

Alco
WC bought out three British railroad company and re branded them EW&S and used there nice red and gold paint scheme, very nice it is as well, this is a class 60 coal hauler near home
10-08-07015-2.jpg

Evening All:
SteveB: So you are really moving to New Zealand. I wish you and yours a safe and very enjoyable trip. NZ is a hot bed for Live steam so you maybe able to get in on some of that.
The new tractor will be delivered Saturday I hope. I'd like to put it to work and start getting some of my money out of it.
Time for bed so I'll say, Good Night All.

:D Thanks Josh for the reference check....sounds nice about that pic of the 2 units back to back...

Genesis will be awesome if they do it....buy me one to while your at it!:D

Thanks for the info Steve...I was aware of that but I sure liked the pic....cool!

Philip, when I went into post secondary education, I always kept my old beat-up hardhat hanging in my office. When things got frustrating, I always would take a look at the hat and remember just how tough things could be, if I were still in industrial maintenance getting banged up all the time.;) :)

Since I work at the phone company, all I have to do is put a phone on my desk!

Josh did you feel the ground move earlier
Ehh, nope. Most quakes seem weak here. I've only felt one in the past 5 years, and it caused me to fall out of my bed & dislocate my shoulder, thus why I now get 10% disability from the VA.

Good Morning Bill ! Well survived another Halloween and just after 9 a big cold front came through wind and rain . And they are perdicting snow next week boy things turn fast . Oh well that's life here on the Niagara Frontier. better make sure the snowblower is filled with gas ! Gonna go get some more coffee and cnotemplate it all ! Have a nice day ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back