Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey,
I'll take some of that rain. It looks like we have a small chance of rain later in the week but it's correct that any real area-wide rain we get in the summer comes from tropical storms and we haven't had any since I moved here in almost two years. See, I told you I could change the weather. :) It's 92 degrees, sunny, and windy with a humidity of 26%. I'm surprised the whole place isn't on fire.

Chip, I saw that turnout. Looks good, way better than my Atlas Snappers. I've been completing a small range of hills at the rear of the layout and it's really something how easy it is compared to the screen wire and plaster days. I can do it all in foam on the work bench now with no mess and it looks a lot better. I've been making some trees with spent Crepe Myrtle bush blooms and they make really good looking tress. I can make one in about 10 minutes. I'll have to post a picture. If you have any Crepe Myrtles, check out those spent blooms before you prune.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Market down 108 at the close and oil at $85!

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

10-16-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/16/2007

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Areas of light rain are streaming across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana this morning. This area is moving to the northeast and dissipating at this time.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010002-13.jpg

Good Morning Bill & Jeffrey from the Niagara Frontier ! It's sunny right now but rain is in the forecast for later today . Have to cut the grass again seems like I just cut it and I never cut it this late in October . It's usually done for the year . well I'll have another cup of coffee and then go do it . Have a nice day all !!!

Good morning folks

Another nice fall day for us here in the Delaware Valley. It was 58 F as I headed off to work this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 70 F with a slight chance of showers. We really could use more rain. Everything is drying up again.

Tonight is one of those days parents love. You know the kind where you have to be in ten places at once. Tonight my son has football practice, and Back to School Night/Book Fair. I am supposed to pick up bags for our Cub Scout pack’s Scouting for Food Drive. Of course all these things are at the same time.

Speaking of football practice it will be interesting to see how things go tonight after the uninspired performance on Sunday. Another example of how unmotivated or don’t care the kids were. When my son’s team was making a defensive stand in the first quarter my wife tried to get the kids on the sidelines to cheer for the defense. The team’s tradition in this situation is to clap-clap-slap thigh pad-slap thigh pad. The kids looked at her as if she had three heads. My wife told them they should be doing it to encourage their team mates. One them turned around to her and asked, “Why?” In the meantime my son and a couple of the more experienced players were trying to get the rest of the defense to do the same on the field. Out of 11 only 4 did it. Needless to say the other team got a touchdown two plays later. Just plain and simple sad.

I finished sealing and thus weathering the four cylindrical hoppers and seven open hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Tom!

The sun is a shinin' to welcome the day....... Better get some outside stuff done today before it changes.

Lunchtime everyone!
I've been tied up with honey-do's and trying to catch up with all my put-off's before cold weather (if that happens). I spent all day yesterday cleaning out the garage that I had built the adjoining room in this past summer. Now I have room to park my bassboat in there and still have plenty of workspace for my saws and things. Fortunately, the wife was off yesterday and helped out. The downside is I have to put up four trellises for her climbing roses today and start raking tons of pine straw that's on the yard. If it were rain coming down instead of pine straw, we would have five inches in a jif:D .

Ya'll have a great day, work or play.
(Gosh, I'm a poet and didn't know it, but my feet did...their Longfellow's...yuk, yuk!) dang, that's an old one.:D :D

Afternoon all

Rex you got rid of the junk yet

LOL who wants some wet stuff, take mine PLEASE
bit of a crap start to the week, burst a blood vesel sunday afternoon,,,litterally, in my hand, i looked like Popeye after he takes the spinach, amazing to watch my hand grow so fast, dammned painfull though, settling down into a nice blue / black / green bruise now though,,, I need a drink.

Rex you got rid of the junk yet

LOL:D I have a ton piled up under a canopy, but have to wait until Monday morning to put it roadside for the trash pickup. I told the wife that if we did this two or three times a year, the garage would be twice as big.:D

Ok, I'm proud to announce, I'm feeling better. Good enough to attempt work today. Talk about coming down with one SERIOUS cold. I had soreness, chest pain, headaches, felt dehydrated (even after drinking almost 2 gallons of water), slightly stuff nose, and generally weak. I left work Sunday after 4 hours, and have not done much since.

Now that I look back, this cold has been presenting itself in odd ways for the past 2 weeks. Since I usually do not get sick, I never really got the runny nose part, though it is slightly stuffy. I got the headaches 2 weeks ago, soreness a week ago, chest pains mid-week, and by Saturday night/Sunday morning I knew something was up... I diagnosed it by reading the symptoms on cold & sinus medicine at Wal*mart...

Ok, I'm proud to announce, I'm feeling better. Good enough to attempt work today. Talk about coming down with one SERIOUS cold. I had soreness, chest pain, headaches, felt dehydrated (even after drinking almost 2 gallons of water), slightly stuff nose, and generally weak. I left work Sunday after 4 hours, and have not done much since.

Now that I look back, this cold has been presenting itself in odd ways for the past 2 weeks. Since I usually do not get sick, I never really got the runny nose part, though it is slightly stuffy. I got the headaches 2 weeks ago, soreness a week ago, chest pains mid-week, and by Saturday night/Sunday morning I knew something was up... I diagnosed it by reading the symptoms on cold & sinus medicine at Wal*mart...

yea I been sick as well for the whole of last week I've been mute my tonsils so sore and swollen I could bearly breath much less speak :( also trying to talk through sign language is not good unless both people can understand it. also it's kind of ironic for a preaher to not be able to talk for a week isn't it:rolleyes:

Good Morning Bill , Looks like we may hit 70 today not to bad for this time of the year, It's official the National Weather servics has said the 43 percent of the United States is in a drought . Including here in Buffalo . We've had some rain lately so things look better for us. Big sandstorm out in California boy what a mess there. Springlike storms in the MidWest heading for the east . Oh well guess I'll have another cup of coffee and finally get the summer stuff packed away, You all have a nice day!!! Josh glad to hear you feel better !

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/17/2007

Rain with embedded thunderstorms will continue moving north at 15 mph from the Kirbyville area to Rosepine and Pitkin. Heaviest rains will be from Burr Ferry to Leesville and fort Polk where rainfall rates of 1 to 3 inches an hour can be expected. Elsewhere light rain will continue east of this area including around Alexandria and Marksville. Off the coast...weakening showers and a few thunderstorms 20 to 40 nm off High Island and Cameron will move north at 25 knots. Visibilities down to 1 mile can be expected from 20 nm out from sea rim state Park to the coast.

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.03"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph SSE

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Decreasing clouds. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

up1624-L1.jpg

Morning fellas! Finally got some time to stop by and post here. Ya Paul we have some of those springlike storms rolling through my area. Man I don't think I'll get to mess with my layout for a couple weeks as far as any modeling or working on it goes, I got plans to go to a car swap meet this weekend to find some parts for some stuff my dad and I are working on. Also need to finish up the last little bit of welding on my smoker and start getting all the food for a big BBQ for my wife's b-day next weekend. Well guys I hope everyone has a great week.

Good morning folks

It is beginning to get a little warm again. The last few nights have been a little stuffy and still. I had to get up in the middle of the night and open the windows and turn the fan on. Morning drive temperature was 60 F and our high is going to be 78 F.

No modeling last night. We had football practice and my son’ school had their Open House and Book Fair. I solved my problem of being in three places at once. I had to stop by the Scout Council Office to drop off some paperwork and I was able to pick-up our pack’s bags for the Scouting For Food Drive.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' everyone! Another day of endless meetings for me. Got to get the donations letter ready to mail for an organization I volunteer for done. Been working on some background scenery (painting the forest) on the layout while I wait for Walther's Out Of Stock to send ordered parts to my LHS.

Afternoon, Rex, Tom, Angelic and Philip

How ya'll doing,,,
Josh get well soon fella
must be some kind of worldwide curse at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back