Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been putting down more ballast today. Took a break this afternoon and did some railfanning in Leesville. I got one video and fifteen photos.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING ALL!!

It looks to be another sunny day here, and the air already feels hot. Lets see what we have ahead fro this week :)

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

09-17-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Mornin' crew,

This may be the last 'calendar' week of summer, but in my area - at 43F - it sure doesn't feel like summer anymore! Time to dig out the ol' flannel clothing from storage and put away the polo shirts.

Luc - <LOL> If you really want to freak somebody out, try doing that with an airplane bathroom.

Rex - You nailed it, it's those 'taxes' and 'government surcharges' (two or more separate line items on the bill, but what's the diff?) that jack up the monthly rate. I wish I could do like you're doing and limit my 'on' time, but with my family's hyper-scheduled lifestyle and no payphones around, I really need to have mine turned on continuously whenever I'm not home. And it's the only way I can reach my kids whenever they go out.

I didn't do any physical mrr this weekend, but I found a great historical web site that describes all the 'stops' along the RR that runs within a mile from my house. Maybe I'll start a new thread and just toss in links to each separate page every day or two, it's really worthwhile reading!

Morning All

Ken I feel for ya. I should consider myself very lucky as both my kids 16 and 14 are not into designer clothing or text messaging. We have two cell phones one for each vehicle and no spy camera. However we have three PS2's in the house (one for each kid)

Saying that I too am plagued with a highly virulent strain of Notrainitis as of late but am hoping the condition will improve with the onset of Winter.

Later All

Fergie

Good morning folks

The weather has taken a fall-like turn. It was 46 F when I rolled out of the driveway this morning. On the walk from the parking lot to the office I could see my breath. High today is supposed to be 71 F.

We had a busy weekend. We attend the John Heinz Wildlife Refuge’ Cradle of Birding Festival. My wife worked for some of the festival as she help man the museum’s display table. I brought the kids down in the afternoon and we had a lot of fun. Sunday my son’s football team lost 13-0. In some ways his team played better than last week in others they played worse. The problem still boils down to some kids who are not paying attention and goofing off and thus hurting the team.

No modeling this weekend. I did wok on the diorama for my wife that she needs for work. I do now have to make a visit to the hobby shop for Hydrocal and few other supplies I need for the diorama and layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Maxi!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken L!

Mornin' Fergie! (Flo, put Fergies breakfast on my tab this morning, will ya.)

Mornin' Tom!

Beautiful sunny early Fall day here in the Finger Lakes. 50°F at the moment but going up to 70° later today. (Lets see where did I put my windbreaker?) Got 5 minutes to get a meeting with a lady from the film crew over at the Middle School so I best get moving!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, for who just woke up, Afternoon who's from my region and Good night, who's about to go to bed :)

I'm on a lunch break, but leaving to go back to work, will c ya all in about 4 hrs time :)

Morning everyone!! Well tis the start of another work week, didn't get to do any work on my layout this weekend. Had other priorities to do, did get to run a frew trains around my layout Friday night. Which was a lot better than watching my college's football team lose like they did. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Nick

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/17/2007

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph E

Today High: 90 Sunny. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P9150003.jpg

Beachhouse

Good Morning All !! Apent a real nice weekend at my friends Beachhouse on Lake Erie. First two days where like stromy .I mean a cold front came through from Canada and it was windy all the time. But Sunday was wonderful Even though the Bills lost . Have a couple of pics to share. Oh yeah his house is about a 1/4 mile from the mailine and saw lots of trains but no pics. even saw a couple of Union Pacifics come thru . Very unusual . Anyway have a real nice day. As for me I'm going apple picking .
01010015.png
i212.photobucket

Good afternoon, it's good for me as i am home from work.
DON'T get me started on mobile phones, pain in the ass that they can be, i have one that the CFO say's i must have, i have only used it about four times since last christmas, still has £5 of the £10 credit on it, they ain't making a fortune out of me.

Fergie Notrainitis is heading our way, got to box everything up so i can make the house clutterer free for prospective buyers

Greetings everyone and a glorious Monday to'ya!
We had a great fun time yesterday with my small op session. Carey's health improved with every minute run-time. The medicinal properties of model railroading are amazing.:D There were only four of us, but we ran in a relaxed mode and visited, ran, visited, ran, for about six hours. Great fun and RailOp software makes operations smooth and trouble free. No clumsy car cards.

This week a new project!:eek: :eek: Yeah, I know and you don't have to whisper (...that crazy so-and-so won't stay on any one thing more than five minutes...) Naw, this one is something that has been hanging and is holding up all work on my North section of layout and should only take a few days. IT"S Backdrop TIME.

I already have the backdrops up and painted a sky blue, but haven't done any clouds, as yet. After seeing Ron's (Myowngood) method of painting the sky, I have decided to give it a try. The first hurdle I have is to move all the 2D backgrounds (not glued, thankfully), buildings, and a yard full of cars. I have taken photo shots of it all, have a car location list (RailOp) for them, and hope to get everything back in proper place. So, I will either have a beautiful skyline for the city of Ashland or a horrible mess (not to be confused with M.E.S.S:rolleyes: :D )

Have a good'un!:)

Beautiful day here in the Heartland. Temp in the low 70's so I got two of the five exterior doors painted and the trim around them done. Some more rearranging in the wood shop and finally some rest time. I need to go to work tomorrow so I can rest up. Some of these chores should have been done months ago but I am retired(at least I thought I was) so who gets in a hurry. I never do and more than likely never will.

Recently I was given a plaster casting of a stone wall section.
P9150003-1.jpg

I want more so I made a latex rubber mold.
P9150007.jpg

I have plaster in the mold at this time. I'll wait several hours before removing the casting.

So, here's my first night shoot of my station, which is still under construction and modification, I need to find 6V tiny bulbs with very thin wires, so I can make some more modifications on the extrior

Station_Night.jpg

Nice going Max. Glad you paid your power bill and got the lights going:D . I like the clock (or round window) at the top.;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning everyone!!!

Nice bright shiny ( and HOT ) day outside. Woke up this morning and there was still no internet, the service was interrupted last night at around 23:00 due to technical problems, and was not up again until 8:30 this morning. At least I managed to get my early dose of internet before going to work :D

Thanks for your comments REX, as I said I still have to add more lighting and details to it, but it already starts to lok good. The circle at the top is a window, but near the middle doors there is a clock actually, which I'm planning to put some light in it too (maybe building it from scratch), and I also need to put a lamp between the doors, where originally there was a plastic/fake one. When all teh lighting is complete I will add more weathering to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back