Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, the 8x21 foot room is finished and I can get back to the important things...modeling. Thought I would let you see some photos so that you would know I haven't been faking it. It wasn't that hard to build; it's just I shouldn't have done it in the hottest time of the year and getting banged up in that fall made things even more miserable. I probably put too much into it all, because now I hate to mess it up. I already marred the walls a bit trying to get the carpet in, so the first step in making it a work room has been done:D :D .

As you can see, I have a nice closed-in area for what used to be an outer and unseen area that was exposed to the dust, heat, and cold in the lower garage. The common wall siding was left as is other than painting.

Notice in the photos, the now exposed 30" benchwork with the inclines and mainline. By finishing the room project, I now have to make this track area look decent (I'll just add it to the list;) ) Oh yeah, the unpainted wall area under the workbench and behind the tree farm will be painted when I harvest the trees. Still don't know how the tree farm survived all this. :eek: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin' real good Rex. I can't wait to see the progress you are going be making now. Congrats on getting the room finished!

WELCOME BACK Fergie, layout's looking great! Sorry to hear about your Dad. (It wasn't me either BTW...)

Rex, the new trainroom extension looks fantastic - worth all the bangs and bruises it cost you along the way!:D

Good Evening All! How about a chocolate sundae to cool off the insides after a brutally hot day in AL.

Welcome back Fergie!

Rex: I see by the pictures, it is time for some track planning. Now would be the right time to incorporate some staging to improve operations.

Glenn

Hey Fergie nice to see ya, donut anybody?? :eek:

Looking good Rex, what's the big red thing for:D , must have been hot out there??:eek:

You know that room is bigger than my whole layout space don'tcha:rolleyes:

Ken.

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

08-08-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good Morning from Buffalo !!!! Hi Bill , Rex your room looks very good . After all the hard work that went into it well worth the effore. Well goona get a cup of coffee from Flo , you all have a niceday !!!!!

Good Morning All and thanks for the welcome back

One of the other reasons I was not around was I was busy trying to get my garden in order. The new retaining wall (pics to follow) was only suppose to take me a week but took me 3 and a bit and it's still not finished. I've also been asked to open it up to the public next year for a garden tour so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Rex Nice work, hopefully it will inspire me to get my act together this winter and get the outer loop done. Darn Rapido passenger cars need wide panoramic curves (needed a good excuse to expand)

Larry thanks for the Fix!

Any Donuts left... KenNZ?

Jeffrey: Hopefully your pain will be controlled by this stuff as I know you already have a platefull.

Anyway guys we're headed in as the program has just concluded. Talk to ya later.

Fergie

Jeffrey: Hopefully your pain will be controlled by this stuff as I know you already have a platefull.
A plate full and more!

Good morning.

Just a quick post as I head out to work, I was busy on a fire call that came in at around 3 am and got back with just enough time to clean up.

Today High: 98 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds. Heat Index readings around 105 in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

steakandeggs.jpg

Morning already? Does it have to be?

Man, TOUGH day yesterday. I hate days like that. At least it's hot as all getout outside though! (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Well, it's gone up 3 degrees in the last 10 minutes, so if thats a sign of things to come, it's going to be
Burning.png
hot today!

Right Now: 82F (Feels like: 87F) Forecast: Hi 96 Lo 76

Throw in the high humidity and you've got the makings for one HOT day!

temps.jpg

Might get some rain later in the week, we'll see. For now........

flame-1.png

Guess I'd best get to it.

Later

BTW, Rex, looks awesome! That's going to look incredible when it's done!

Welcome back Fergie
good to see you.
Rex Looking good Rex, looking good, love the Australian tree's you have planted,,, If Jos see's them,,;) ;) ;)

gotta go, having a nervous breakdown
Later;)

Oh Dear, what have i done, he he he he he,, just bought me and Matthew a new digital camera, one each that is, i got an 8MP one with optical zoom and Matthew got a tough plastic one thats supposed to be child proof, we'll soon see about that, I may get lynched by the CFO.

Looks like I'm going to see the doc tomorrow. I've got a rash covering me quick! I read the side effect warning for the pain killer they have me on and it says that a rash is a sign of a very serious allergic reaction.

Thanks guys for the kind comments on the room. I'm just glad I can move on. I have the track power and Loconet wired back to the whole layout now, but still working on a gate to go across the doorway you see in photo#3 above. Hopefully, I will have it done by tomorrow night and the trains can get back on schedule.

Darn Jeffery! That has to be miserable, particularly this time of year. Hope you can get your meds adjusted quickly.

NZMac: Yeah, the red thing is to put out the fire at the tree farm when those danged ole steamers come highballing through.:D :D

Steve: (That's so funny!) The seeds I got to grow the trees came from New Zealand...so they grow upside down here.:D :D :D

Good morning.

It's back to the docs office for me today. This rash is driving me crazy! One of the serious side effects of the pain killer he put me on is a rash, so that's most likely the cause.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/9/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 78°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph WSW

Today High: 95 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

bacon.jpg

Morning everyone!

Another hot, humid one today, though we might see a spot of rain later.

temps.jpg

A heat advisory has been issued for much of Indiana again today from Noon until 8PM this evening. Temperatures will soar into the mid 90s this afternoon with heat indices from 102 to 108 degrees. A cold front later will trigger scattered thunderstorms. There is a slight risk for severe weather this afternoon. A few of the storms may contain strong winds, hail and heavy downpours. Once the front moves through this evening, skies will clear late tonight as slightly cooler and less humid air moves in for Friday and the weekend. Highs will only climb to near 90 degrees on Friday. We might break our string of 90s on Saturday as readings may only hit the upper 80s. On Sunday, another front may trigger a few spotty thunderstorms during the afternoon. For right now though, it's not looking pretty!

currents.jpg

That humidity is a KILLER!

Well, I'm off to work!

Jeff, hope the doctors visit goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back