Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Gang:
KenL: Only one buss? That took real resistance.
I got some work done on the 7 1/2 inch gauge today. I had planned on working on the locomotive but I left the air hose fore the air grinder at the house. Since I had the weed trimmer I cut the weeds and found the main line. How bout that.
Well bed time.
Good Night All

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

08-06-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/6/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 78°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SW

Today High: 95 Sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

scambledeggs.jpg

Good morning folks

We have a wet morning and are expecting more wetness today. By football practice time this evening they say the rain will stop. We need the rain. The ground is rock hard and I noticed the water level in the pond going down. Today the high will reach around 90 F. Currently it is 74 F. The A/C in the office is working so-so this morning so it feels real sticky right now.

We spent the weekend running around doing last minute vacation things. We also began the back to school shopping. The kids now have their uniforms for the coming school year. After the sun went down on both Saturday and Sunday I mowed the yards. I did not want to do it while the sun was up since things were so dry.

No modeling this weekend.

The family and I will be leaving on vacation tomorrow. We will be returning late next Tuesday night. We are heading to Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Tom! Hope and the family have a great vacation!

Weather man is calling for some isolated T-storms today. Hope we do get some rain as the garden is just about fried. I have watered out there the last two evenings. I hate to run up the water bill but its either that or lose everything out there. Got to do a little work on the layout last night and I hope to spend most of the day starting scenery on the lift out section and putting together a Victorian House (Laser kit).

Mornin' all!

Busy, busy day today!

My daughter is in the office today to start an internship, Ihave to go and register for my college classes today, plus all of my usual work for the day. Busy, busy, busy!

Here's the local weather for the Indianapolis area......

temps.jpg

DANGEROUS HEAT INDICES THIS WEEK!

THIS WEEK: Sunday marked day number 6 in a row of 90 degree plus heat. We are not close to a record yet, but we will certainly get closer this week. Here is the list of most consecutive days of 90 degrees or higher. The record is 19 back in 1936.

Today should easily be day number 7 in a row, as highs will hit the low to mid 90's. With dewpoints around 70 (a extremely tropical air-mass, similar to summers in Florida), heat index values will run from 100 - 105. With the State Fair, sports 2-a-days, take precautions if you are going to be outdoors. Here is a list of possible heat disorders when heat index values approach 105 degrees.

When will the heat end??? Well, there may be a slight break by next weekend, but it will still be above normal in the heat department.

Yards and crops need to see more rain. As far as that is concerned, the rain will be hit and miss for most of the week.

FAIR WEATHER DAY: Usually Fair Weather Day is during the second week of the fair, but that has changed this year! Fair Weather Day is this Thursday. Here is a graphic with the details.

Well, I'd best hit it!

I'm gone!

explosie.png

Poof!

Phil Fair Weather day at the fair is my 2nd most favorite day with Farmers Day being the most fav. I love to watch the tractor parades and go to the Pioneer Village and see all the old steam equipment in operation. The only day we have available this year is next Monday so I will miss the parade but still may be able to see some of the steam in operation. We may even ride the train to the fair this year as we have not one that in several years.

good afternoon all,

Ken M you'll have to shout louder, can't here you for some vandriver down the road, LOl think he's deaf. ha ha ha ha ha.

Tom you will have to call in and see Jos while your there.

Took the boys on an expedition last night into the hills, found some interesting creatures, a Skink (not Skunk), it's a small lizard, they can drop off there tail if they get scared, just like this one did, poor feller thought we were going to eat him, or her, whatever. Also found some big bright red dung beatles, won't show you this picture in here, Flo might throw me out. tried to find some snakes but none around
The boys trying to keep up with me.
P8050013.jpg

And mr skink, minus tail
P8050010.jpg

Good Day ALl ! Looks pretty good outside today !Not much rain and the lawn and garden can attest to that . The Erie County Fair starts Weds lots of fun for families if your near Buffalo , The Niagara County Fair just ended do not much time to catch your breath. Hope everyone has a great day. Steve that lizard looks like he wants out of your hand !!!!

Time for lunch, fellows! Anyone want to join me? (Today, Tom buys:D !)

It's HOT all over! Our weather week forecast looks like a count: Today 97 followed by 98, 99, 100+:eek: . How about a possible heat index for Thurs of 111 deg. No, we are not used to it here in Bama country...we suffer and complain just like our northern brothers.

Today, I have started hooking things back up that had to be moved or disconnected for the new room. I am almost ready to model again (Big Smile!) :D I will post a photo of the finished room later today.

:) ENJOY YOUR DAY:)

I'll join you Rex I'll have a steak as Tom's buying, chears.

just dug up a mole with the spade as the boys watched on, didn't go exactly to plan, managed to cut it's head off by accident :eek: (anyone fancy a shave), boys NOT impressed, they are giving me a hard time:eek: , the original plan was to take it down the wood's and let it go, don't like hurting things if i can help it:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to see the doc today about a shooting pain I've been having in my right ankle the last few days. It just feels like a lightning bolt jumps from my ankle to my lower back and it's really annoying! I wish I could just ban it like I would an undesirable or disruptive member on my forum, but I can't. Darn! He took X-rays and found the culprit. My Charcot condition has fired up again. Having done as much damage as it could do in my right, it's decided it's time to move up in the world. It is now attacking my right ankle, disintegrating the the joint and making it collapse in on itself, catching the poor sciatic nerve in the middle. Every time the bones move a certain way, the nerve gets pinched, about two or three times every five minutes. Surgery is out of the question, as removing any bone from the joint will make it far weaker than it is. So he prescribed a pain killer that helps deaden nerve pain. Something called Garpentin. It's 300 mg per capsule and I have to take it twice a day. I hope it helps. These electrical flashes are really annoying me!

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/7/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 95 Sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

eggsben.jpg

Mornin' crew,

What a looooong 3 days this has been without my mrr workshop! Vicky's guests came and went last nite, I can finally get back to it later today.

Jeffrey - hope the pain meds do their job!:eek:

Morning all!

Yet another scorcher today! This guy is working overtime!

fire_meaney2.png

Temperatures will soar again into the mid-90's, and with dewpoints near 70, heat index values could exceed 105. We had a little rain overnight, but thats long gone now!

temps.jpg

Basically, nothing under 90 for the next 5 days. It's going to feel like this for the next week or so........

flame-2.png

Well, it looks like my daughters carb in her car is shot. I limped it home the other day and that puppy has had it! Got a rebuild kit for it for a mere $22, which I thought wasn't half bad compared to a rebuilt carb that was $500!!!! The whole car only cost her $150! Oh well, guess I have work to do!

Got a friend of mine stopping by this weekend. He's an N scaler like me and he want's to see my layout. This will be the first visitor to the Autumns Ridge since I started it. Suppose I should probably run the vacuum and empty the waste basket, huh?

I guess I ought to go do something useful with myself. I'll stop in later.

Bye!

Good Afternoon All

Yes I'm still alive and well! Been a very busy summer so far as I am still working in the garden building a new retaining wall, renovations are still ongoing and Dad spent 25 out of 28 days of my time off in the hospital but is now on the mend and doing ok. That is a story in itself not worth going into at this time.

Realizing it's been awhile I guess I'll be getting the next few rounds and yes Howard you can have another donut though I would like an explanation as to why my tab is "WOW"! What was that you said ... You bought shares in the Donut manufacturer. Yes I jest!

Anyway I'm back at work now for a long needed rest.

Here are pictures of my latest projects and am starting on a few new ones, including a 2nd Jodan Kit Erie Steam Shovel.

501_502_rz.jpg

502_rz.jpg

Well that's it from the Big Chair for now and will try to get back a bit more frequently.

Later All

Fergie

I fixed it for you Fergie Larry

Hey Fergie!!!,

Good to see ya! It has been a while. Very sorry to hear that your Dad had to go back into the hospital, but glad to hear he is on the mend. I will keep him in my prayers. BTW, I think someone has been putting stuff on your tab and saying it was me. I've been good..... well actually away at camp. Nice photo of your work. You got an extra "http" in the second photo so it doesn't show up.

May your seas be calm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back