Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Welcome to the newly remodeled Coffee Shop. The girls have really outdone themselves this time. The new paint is OK but I would have preferred another color but I had no say it was all the girls this time around. Any bones to pick talk to them.

Part V is now Closed!!!!!!

Last edited:
I can learn to live with the new paint.:D

8:20 PM and still no word on a state budget. Looks like I am getting an unpaid vacation tomorrow.:mad: :(

We went out to the movies this afternoon and saw Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer. We just got in from the yard and taking down our old swing set and cut it up. It will go to the curb tomorrow night.

Well I am hoping to head downstairs for some modeling.

Wow that rolled around quick. Did anybody get a count on the takings in the old shop for the tax man??:D :D

Ken.

Hi Gang: Well the place looks pretty good. I guess we will get used to the paint.
KenL: When you get back drop me a line and tell me what you did to the crane.
Steve that is a Menck unit if it's was by Kibri. It's still in the Walthers catalogue. I've thought about getting one. They also have a shovel with the same cab. Walthers here I come.
I spent the day again working on the road at my sons ranch. We made a lot of progress by using my dump trailer pulled by John's 4x4 truck.
Well I'm run out again. I've got to start acting more like an ROF. Maybe tomorrow.
Good Night All

Hi fellows! Thought I would drop by before bed and.....holy cow... uh, hi Flo...beautiful paint shop on the place. How about a cup of decaf. (Yuk! That color really sucks!)

Good Morning Flo ! Paint looks pretty good. I'll have a big cup of coffee and bagel with cream cheese. Got a busy week coming up . company coming in and Boss has me doing lots of jobs. No time for raikroading but might try to sneek in there anyhow. Have a great day all !! And stay cool .

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

07-09-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Morning fellas got back in from Vegas yesterday afternoon and already started back in on school work, Yuck!!! Well I hope everyone had a great 4th. I guess it's time to get back to the the ole grindstone.

Good morning.

Hmmm, nice paint job, one of those shades that exactly fails to please the eye. It definately needs a change.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/9/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

National weather service Doppler radar indicated isolated showers moving across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana including the adjacent coastal waters this morning. These showers are moving rapidly to the northeast around 30 mph.

Today High: 90 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs around 90. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

eggsandham.jpg

A SuddenLink technician came by to check out my internet problem (the one that the cable company keeps saying is due to my equipment) and found that the problem is NOT due to my equipment. He did find however that the connections outside (cable companies responsibility) were corroded and replaced them. That helped things a bit. He then went up the pole and checked the connection there. Again, corrosion in the connector. He replaced it also. There's still noise in the line but it's coming from the main line (cable companies responsibility) going all the way back out to the main highway (about five miles). There's a lot of places to check between here and there, so the poor boy has his work cut out for him. So it's looking like what the company was saying was my problem is actually their problem. The tech checked all my stuff out and found it all to be good and within specs. I told them over a month ago that this was happening. I guess they just had to wait for enough people to complain about bad service to recognize that something may actually be wrong.

Good morning folks

I am sitting here on my unpaid vacation thanks to the idiots in Harrisburg who cannot get together on a budget. I guess Pennsylvania is now the laughing stock of the country with our state offices shutdown. In a state that relies heavily on tourism to have their state parks, camp grounds, and museums shutdown at the height of tourist season is just plain stupid.

We are supposed to reach 100 F today. Current temperature is 88 F. I have some small projects to do around the house that will keep me busy for today.

I got no modeling done this weekend. Just could not find the time or had the desire.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tom, Pa is not by themselves about getting legislation passed. Alabama usually approves the Education budget just before midnight of the last day of their regular session. Sometimes, they even have to call a "Special" session which of course cost the taxpayers piles of money and they make more money.:mad: ;)

We have some yahoos here in Indiana wanting the Governor to call a special session of the legislature to take care of a so called property tax problem. Seems like these people want to live in the expensive houses but not pay the toll. I live in a rural area and my taxes are pretty low compared to the next county west of here. A friend of mine bought her house 2 yrs ago and they told her the tax bill would be around 2 thousand. She got the bill and it is almost 5 thousand. The same house in my area would only be in the 2500 range. "Thank God I am a Country Boy". LOL LOL LOL

Morning Gang: I'm dog sitting this morning. Mary Ann is off doing the laundry. I've got a DVD of the Iron Range playing. Lots of ideas there. My back is really aching from the last two days on that tractor. I'm getting too old for that kind of stuff.
I'll drop in tonight.
Take care.

Good morning folks

I am sitting here on my unpaid vacation takes to the idiots in Harrisburg who cannot get together on a budget. I guess Pennsylvania is now the laughing stock of the country with our state offices shutdown. In a state that relies heavily on tourism to have their state parks, camp grounds, and museums shutdown at the height of tourist season is just plain stupid.

We are supposed to reach 100 F today. Current temperature is 88 F. I have some small projects to do around the house that will keep me busy for today.

I got no modeling done this weekend. Just could not find the time or had the desire.

Sometimes you have to wonder is those checks and balances you learned about in school really even mean anything.

Those checks and balances mean something all right. More checks so they can balance their check books. We have the same problem here in Texas. That and the Gov fighting with everyone.
Nothing new since this morning. It was very humid today. I mean fish swimming by the window humid. Well maybe not that bad but close. Really made working outside hard. More rain is possible through the week. We went from drought to flood here.
I guess I'll head for bed.
Good Night All

Good Morning Flo !! Could'nt sleep so I guess I'll have a cup of coffee, You fellows complain about taxes .You should visit NewYork I think we invented taxes here . But really sounds like everyone is having their [roblems .Maybe we should stage another revolt ! Oh well gonna try and get back to sleep. If I miss you fellows later .Have a nice day !!

Good morning folks

I am finally back to work as the state has budget or at least a budget agreement. Of course it came late after I went to bed. I got up at my usual early time to feed the cat, let the dogs out, and give one of the dogs his medication and found out that we were called back with an announcement made sometime after 11 PM. With the unpaid “vacation day” yesterday I did get a bunch of odd and end type things done around the house. You know those projects that needed one or two more things done to finish them.

We are now in our third day of temperatures over 90 F which makes this an official heat wave. High temperature today is supposed to be 97 F. Right now it is 80 F.

No modeling last night. We had to drop the kids off at vacation Bible School and while they were there my wife and I went to some Cub Scout District meetings regarding recruitment and the popcorn fundraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back