Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Steve, that's great! Congratulations!

I know you have wanted to go over and help KenM build his layout for a long time. (Hope you two will be able to get together and run trains now and then.) So what finally convinced the CFO to make the move?

Hi everyone and a big congrats to STEVE!

Did you remember the significance of this date? Do you remember what you were doing when the news reported the tragic events in the United States. I will never forget the horror that I felt when I watched on TV, the 2nd jet hitting the other building, the hollowness I had inside me, the fear then anger that was worsened as the news coverage focused in on the details. A very tragic day, not only for the United States, but for the entire world. I pledge that I will never forget this date nor will I allow others to forget.
REX

September 11th, 2001. I was out on my paper route (no small thing that, over 200 miles). I had just turned off of Peavy road, taking a left onto highway 464 when NPR (National Public Radio) announced that an airliner had crashed into one of the twin towers. I remember thinking that some air traffic controller was gonna get his balls dropped into a vise for sure. A short time later, NPR announced that another airliner had crashed into the other tower. This went beyond the realm of an accident! I eventually came to Peavy's Store (a little chip and dip place) to drop some papers off. The TV was tuned to CNN and Herbert Peavy and I watched as the towers, first one then a short time later, the other, collapsed into smoking piles of rubble. Not too long after that, I recieved a message from my fire chief that we were on alert to go to New York, if needed. There wasn't much of the route to finish, so I got it done. I went home and got my gear packed, then went to the station to await developments with my fellow fire fighters. In the end, we didn't go but we contributed a large part of our funds for 2001 to help outfit and deliver a new fire truck to the FDNY.

Great news Steve, shame it's Auckland tho!! nah just kidding, Dorkland is a bright busy awesome city.

Looking forward to the details. Ken.

Congrats Steve, but what are you going to do w/o all those British trains to watch, now you have to get used to those NZ trains!

Did you remember the significance of this date? Do you remember what you were doing when the news reported the tragic events in the United States. I will never forget the horror that I felt when I watched on TV, the 2nd jet hitting the other building, the hollowness I had inside me, the fear then anger that was worsened as the news coverage focused in on the details. A very tragic day, not only for the United States, but for the entire world. I pledge that I will never forget this date nor will I allow others to forget.
REX
Man, I missed out on half an hours worth of sleep in "study hall" that day, and did nothing the rest of the day at school. Not that I did anything my senior year, but.

Congrats Steve!!

REX

I remember that day as if it was just yesterday, at the tiem of the first plane hit I was just returning home after a day work ( it was 15:30 ), and my wife was watching TV and I turned it as I usually did on CNN, and saw one of the TWIN TOWERS in flames, and I exclaimed F***** Hell, then I kept on watching trying to catch up what happened, and not long after I saw LIVE the other plane crashing into the 2nd one, and I FROZE in shock. I cannot explain what I felt at that moment, even though I'm not fromt he US, I felt like I lived there and it was happening to me too.

I cannot forget that tragic day, and since then I started building more hatred for those beasts ( terrorists ).

Now we just can remember all those victims in our prayers and our thoughts, hoping that we can prevent other similar tragedies.

Good Morning ALl ! Sorry Bill but up early for my annual visit to my transplant doctors. It's a hour's ride away and appointment is for 8:30 but have to get there early for blood work . Yes indeed I remember Sept.11 , 2001 took time out at 9 yesterday morning to say a prayer for such a tragic loss. here we are billinons of dollars later and we still haven't caught the main man . Osama. Oh well I guess you don't get much for a dollar these days. Steve congratulations on the big move. wish you all the best in your future endeavor. Well gotta get going to the doctor's so you all have a nice day !!

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

09-12-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

On 9/11, I was playing racquet ball and we had just finished and were heading to the showers. The news was on all the monitors in the gym and we got there just in time to see the second plane hit the towers. It was my buddy's birth day.

Mornin' all!

44 degrees this morning! Nippy! Fall is coming! Supposed to hit 70 today, so we'll see. Right now it's really nice out, though a little cool.

temps.jpg

Man, I love this time of year!

Steve, NZ, huh? I've always wanted to go there. Enjoy yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/12/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Today High: 85 Cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Midland Gulf Railways #422. Maybe she'll run the line again someday, but not today.

P9110407.jpg

Good morning folks

The humidity is mostly gone this morning. It was more pleasant walking out the door this morning than it has been the last couple of mornings. It was 67 F as I hit the road this morning. The high today is supposed to reach 78 F.

No modeling last night. My son had football practice and we had Back to School Night afterwards for him. Does not look good for tonight as we have our first Cub Scout meeting tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' everyone!

Looks like a nice sunny day here in the.... No wait. Looks like a nice cloudy day in the....oops. Looks like a nice sunny day in the Finger Lake, no cloudy again. Normal weather for the Finger lakes. If you don't like the weather just wait a minute! Actually right around 61°F for the moment and looks to be a great Fall day.

Gotta hang around near the phone all day as I am expecting a call from the sound man for a production Company doing Video for a Jazz group coming to Geneva next week. I will be setting up sound for the group at the Middle School for a concert there during the day. What they need and what the Jazz Band wants appears to be two different things so we hope to figure out how to get it all done in the easiest way.

Afternoon everyone,
first 9/11, i was at the eye hospital sat waiting when this dumb daytime TV show was interupted by the sight of a plane crashing into the WTC, everyone was shocked big time, then just as it was sinking in the second plane hit, thats when it all changed. My wifes aunt, uncle and children were on the observation deck only days before, that was very scary for all of us.

NZ Well,,, we have been going round in circles almost a year now, i got offered a job which was to good to turn down, nicky's not 100% but says she'll give it a good go, she's terrified of the unknown and panicked when we moved 10 miles, now i'm taking her 11000 miles so she is panicking somewhat more. we have some very good friends in auckland (Dorkland), two of them came here on monday, very honest and down to earth people, told us the goodstuff AND the bad stuff so nicky could think it through,,, somehow i recon we'll be OK,,,,,,,,, or as they say "She'll be right" "no worries"

hopefully we'll be there in six months max, according to immigration. Get the trains out Ken

Chip Thats weird, Andy showed me those pic's from the film set on monday, amazing.

Good morning folks

There is definite change in the weather. It much cooler and less humid. You might even say it comfortable. The temperature was 63 F as I hit the road this morning. Our high today will be 79 F.

No modeling last night. We had our Cub Scout Open House last night. It was a great success. It was meant to be a welcome back night for our returning scouts and sign up some new ones. We had 18 of our 26 returning scouts show-up and we signed up 4 new scouts. Our big recruitment night is in two weeks.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning.

Got some extremely bad weather coming through today. I'll be on pool watch today to make sure my parents in-ground pool doesn't overflow.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/13/2007

Heavy rain bands associated with Hurricane humberto will continue to rotate across south-central and central Louisiana. These rain bands will be accompanied by heavy rains... Increasing winds gusting to 30 mph and possibly brief tornadoes.

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.81"
Rain Rate: 0.24"/h
Gust: 21mph E

============================================
Important Message

Inland tropical storm warning in effect until 7 PM cdt this evening. Flash flood watch in effect through late tonight.
============================================

Today High: 82 Thunderstorms. Strong winds. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds increasing to 10 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph shifting to the south 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Lows around 70. Southwest winds 10 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

P9120475.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back