Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

OK, looks like we hit 1001 this morning. So before they close the place for renovations, breakfast is on me today. NO Fergie! Shrimp is not on the breakfast menu......

Spring has officially arrived now in the Finger L:akes. The guy across the street was out raking his lawn and I caught him unloading a rottotiller yesterday.

Hi everyone another great day here in Buffalo . Sunny and 70 degrees . The Sabers beat the Islanders and they have three more to go. Fergie good winds to get you back home. Steve looks like a real nice shrimp dish. Well off to do more work . All have a nice day!

Beautiful day here. Gonna spend it outside--working on the homestead. Hope the rest of you get to sit on the porch soak the sun with a beer and a cigar.
Or milk and cookied..... uh coffee and dognuts.

Great sunny day here,
:eek: Sorry, 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp,,,thats just the appetiser, the main course follows that:D

Ah yes it is a beautiful day here as well....73 degrees gentle flowing breeze and sunshine! Well today I will be busy. I am commited to my step son's Boyscouts, we have a concession stand to run this afternoon. Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Kiobasas, Sausage and chips and soda pops or water...any takers? LOL This is an exciting year for my step son he is working on his Eagle. A lot of work ugh! Well worth the energy though. Ya'll have a great weekend!

Hi everyone another great day here in Buffalo .QUOTE]

I just have to ask this question as i grew up in Toronto... Is Irv Winestien still alive? He use to do all the fire reports and news for Buffalo when I was a kid and to tell ya the truth I', amased Buffalo is still standing as the number of fires every night was astounding! Inquiring minds want to know:rolleyes:

Well we're just sliding down the coast now and will be in port tomorrow. Got the two engines and tenders primed and with the new Cab on them it almost looks like I have rome tomake them into 2-10-4s. Anyone know of a manufacturer of a short wheel based 4 wheel trailing truck? Inquiring minds really want to know!

Chip pass me a... nah I'd better wait till I hit dry land first:(

Later All
Fergie

went to the local church railway show today, not much to see just a handfull of layouts and three trade stall's, got another Bachmann bogie bolster truck so i did a rebar load for it this afternoon, got to go i am under attack from four action men i gave to the kids, they were mine and my brothers when we were youngsters,(Eee when i were a lad, i remember it well)

Alcomotive, great to hear that your stepson has earned his Life rank and is on his way to Eagle! This is an exciting time for him as he leads his project and gets all the other requirements in order. As the Father of an Eagle Scout and a former Scoutmaster who has seen many young men develop the character and leadership inherent in an Eagle Scout, I want to wish him well on his trail. I know that you are already proud of the young man! My best wishes to all of you.

Afternoon all,

The decoder arrived, I installed it, and it works (YESssssss)!:D
...now all I gotta do is print the online Digitrax Decoder Manual and figure out how to customize the sound features. I've heard that with this brand, there's a way to control the sound independently of the throttle (F6 I think...?)

Fergie, wish I could help you with finding a mfgr of that trailing truck, but you know how much I know about steamers...! (Bowser, maybe?)

Chip hope you got that lawn mowed. One of the few advantages of having a teenage son is, I delegated the mowing job to him!

Alco - that's great about your stepson, my boy lost interest when all his cub scout friends moved away from the area :(

Hi guys welcome to the newly painted coffee shop.

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well our concession stand is still running tonight. I just came home. We were there for setup and sales from 12 to 7:30....long enough. We were really busy.

Thanks Ray! Yep my son has had his Life badge for a year now. We have completed all but one of the merit badges required for Eagle but we are working on it now along with the "project". (Communications Merit badge just finished the Family Life badge last month he has about 70 plus badges already if he stays in for another year he will need another sash :)...I hope he does.) Recently on MSNBC there was a boy from Orlando, Fl who was on the news a week ago who achieved Eagle but had a record setting amount of badges 122!!!! Amazing! Anyways thanks for all those that praised us! I do love doing this with him and I am proud of him. He is also has a 4.124 GPA high school student as well as active in other clubs etc but not into sports :-( but he did play football in his freshman year and decided not to play again in his sophmire year. He is more brain than brawn which is good enough for me. He is one heck of step son to have. I do not have any kids of my own or any other step kids so yes I am a proud papa and his real father has never seen him...he bugged out before he was born...DEAD BEAT DAD....I have no respect for that man period! enough of that my blood boils on that issue....

Hi everyone! I'm late, but had a busy day running my Op session. I had 6 for the (non-ARG) session and all went well. Some weaknesses in the layout showed up, but can be remedied easy enough. Right now, a lack of rolling stock is preventing a good balance on the trains. Another 100 or so added to my ~150 would make for better Ops. Naw, I am not hardly going to go out and buy that many. This is one of those things done over time.;)

The A-DAY football game at the University that I had mentioned had over 92,000 people with more turned away. Unbelievable! This was just a scrimmage game after Spring Training.

Alco: I can almost see you swell every time you mention your son and with good reason. I have a lot of respect for those that make and have made Eagle. Very impressive achievement.

NZKen: Thanks for the new paint job in the shop. Flo is looking spiffy as well:p :D .

KenL: Keep us updated with the decoder as things come together for you. I am very interested in the sound quality w/comparisons and the motor control CV's.

Fergie: Didn't I hear something on the news about some vessels trapped in ice around Newfoundland. Wouldn't your ship be used to help out?

GrandeMan: I'm thinking about an ARG at my Depot sometime in the latter half of May. The purpose of the session today was to find weaknesses before an ARG.

Steve: Gave that recipe to the wife. We are going to try it soon (as an appetizer:D :D ). One thing: She look for (I believe) Avocado oil and didn't find any. We never heard of it, but would some other type work?

Rex It's a rare old oil to find in the USA i believe but you can substitute it with any other kind of flavoured oil, like olive oil,,, but avoid castor oil:eek: :eek: :eek: or ya'll be running to the bathroom fast as you can

Good morning all,
Good afternoon Steve

First, a decoder update: Ran into problems trying to put the shell back on, almost smashed the capacitor. I had to un-clip it from where the instruction sheet said to put it and flip it over to the other end, where the wires will hold it up and away from any moving parts. I haven't started programming it yet, but when I looked at the instruction sheet, it didn't list any separate CVs for tuning the 'whine' and the 'exhaust' - all they mention is 'prime mover'. I'll withhold judgement on this until I hear from people on the Digitrax forum if there's a workaround. I want the thing to sound like I'm standing outside the loco, not inside the engine compartment :rolleyes: ...

Great job with the sky blue paint on the new coffeeshop walls NZKen! Now maybe Chip can convince Julie to come in and paint a few clouds on it...?

Steve: Shrimp cooked in castor oil, now that's really what I call thinking "out-of-the-box!" :D

Good Morning All

Just a LARGE day on the deep blue and loving it as all but the tiniest of ripples have subsided.

Rex this is a yearly event but has been made worse as the Sealers went out earlier than normal or so I'm told. Though the Hudson is ice strengthened she is underpowered (4 old 46 year old ALCO 251Bs with 100,000 hrs on each says it all, This old gal takes me back to my years as a cadet, she's a museum piece!) The "Terry Fox", my last ship is getting ready to go but is waiting for the final word to go from the powers to be.

Ken: not to worry I'll do some serious surfing when I get in as I'm thinking BLI may have a short trailing truck for there Santa Fe 2-10-2/4 series of locos and they are good to buy from.

Well that's todays report from sea

Later

Fergie

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

04-22-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.