Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

06-19-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Well don't I feel foolish!

Got an e-mail from Ed again and guess what? Got my dates wrong he's coming this way in July! Right Year, Right Day, wrong month...Doh!

This time next month I'll be lapping Margarita's on my own deck! And yes I hope and pray for the Sun!! Conditions today is O'cast and 35 knot gales out of the NE.

Later All

Fergie

Rex glad to hear B-I-L and M-I-L are recovering, and that you're working on your mill again

Nick I bet youir excited, getting to the point of almost having all your track laid. Show us some pix when you get a chance!

Jos - good to see ya, don't be a stranger!

TXPaul - it's incredible that you guys have been getting more rain than we've had in the Mid Atlantic region! Like you said though cows are happy.

NZKen - with temps like that, I guess you guys celebrate Christmas in July huh?

Alco - I posted a link to your latest photo expedition on GM's CSX thread, figured it's good to have the CSX stuff in one spot.

Fergie - June or July shouldn't make much difference, long as you're ashore when Ed's in town.

No mrr in my crystal ball, at least not for the rest of this week. As I mentioned Sunday, my aboveground swimming pool's liner ripped, so now I've got to halfway dissassemble the pool to put in the new one. Hope my area doesn't get hit with any windy storms before I can get it refilled :eek:

Good morning.

Good news, my mother's health continues to improve. It won't be much longer before she can come home.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 87°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 77°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 78°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSW

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

bacon.jpg

Good morning folks

Hot and humid are the weather words for the day around the Delaware Valley. High today is supposed to be 94 F with a chance of thunderstorms this evening. Right now the temperature is 68 F. My son has the second day of basketball camp and hopefully the heat wouldn’t be too bad since the gym is not air conditioned.

Half of my daughter’s softball season is over. Her in-house team lost their second playoff game so they are done. She still has two travel league games to go. My son has a playoff game tonight. If they lose, which will be their second loss, they are done. If they win, they play again.

I have been running trains for the last few nights and working on some videos. I keep finding ways to screw-up the videos. One I thought was good I now have to redo after I saw that the backdrop was out of place and there are several loud background noises on it. One these days I will also get back to the pile of wheels I need to finish weathering that have been sitting on the work bench for weeks or is it months.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin Jos! Thanks for the PM.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Fergie! You fertilize your lawn...????? (shakes head in dispare...) I let the neighbors dog take care of that for me. The garden I fertilize!

Mornin' ken!

Mornin' Ken!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Glad to hear your Mother is doing well.

Mornin' Tom! Hot and humid here in the Finger Lakes also this morning. 84°F right now and going up to 90° this afternoon.

Busy place today, Flo, I'll just sit over in the corner and be quiet. Keep the coffee coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, nobody in today Flo, i'll have four coffee's, and four breakfast's, that'll push the takings up some, better have some OJ first though, seeing as Ed's on the way with a new supply.

bottom's up.

Good Afternoon everyone! Thanks Steve, I will eat one of those breakfasts for my lunch. I had my yearly physical with the Doc this morning and everything looks good. My BP and Cholesterol is under control; just my belt size needs to be reduced:D . (Now, if I can get Carolyn to quit baking so many of those delicious homemade pies, cutout the (all)night snacks, and get back on the treadmill:rolleyes: . )

Yea! We actually got some rain this morning, 0.01 inch. Well, I know it isn't much, but now I remember what it looks like. Since most of the grass is dead, maybe it will help the weeds fill in:rolleyes: :D .

Ken: We used to have an above ground pool and I feel for you having to replace the lining. I never had to do that, but I did get a small hole in the bottom. I had Carolyn put her foot on my butt to hold me down while I made the patch:D :D .

Jos: How's the tree man doing? Glad to hear from you.

NZKen: -3C, Brrrrr! I would like to see it cool, but that's tooooo cool!:D When will you try to get back to modeling? I know the honey-do's must be overwhelming.

Fergie: I looked up Argentia. It has had a lot of history since WWII.

TXPaul: Some of the Alabama cattle men may be knocking on your door soon to buy some hay. I remember one year where farmers from all over the country shipped donated hay to down here and help the local guys out.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR yup she sure is cold!! We have a mid winter Xmas party coming up soon!! good excuse to drink some warming sprits!!

I might have a go at some benchwork this weekend, in between clearing out storage and wiring the shed/workshop for lights and power. I will need to 'test' the saw to make sure it's wired correctly:D

Ken.

Rex
but I did get a small hole in the bottom. I had Carolyn put her foot on my butt to hold me down while I made the patch .
LOL did it hurt:eek: ,,,,,,,,, Whoops i missed the bit about the pool:eek: :p :eek: :D ;)

sorry, couldn't resist that one Rex

Keep us posted Ken

Sorry, i ate all the pies:p

My daughter has an Instant Messenger relationship with a guy from New Zealand. He says that the only reason that the US goes to war is so that the US students can learn where the other country is on a map.

So I sent a letter to GW and asked him to attack New Zealand so I could find out where it was.

He wrote back and tried to explain that New Zealand is an ally.

I guess I'll never learn where it is.

Come on Chip I know we're a small country but it's easy to find just to the right and down a bit of that Aussie crowd.:D

Remember don't send any nukes, we banned them years ago!!;)

Ken.

:D Hahahahahaha!:D
Danged that is so funny, Chip! Thanks for a good laugh today.

Steve, you are a dirty old man!:D :D

Rex LOL did it hurt:eek: ,,,,,,,,, Whoops i missed the bit about the pool:eek: :p :eek: :D ;) . . . Keep us posted Ken . . .
OK Steve! Well, I tore out the old pool liner today, man that thing was porous - I could poke it with my finger and it would crack! Obviously chlorine damage, from using granulated instead of liquid for 'shock' treatments. I have a new liner ready to be installed, but I have to wait until a water truck can come before I put it in - I'm supposed to start filling the liner with water immediately after draping it, to 'seat' it and stabilize the sheetmetal sides. What a PITA...!

I was thinking of weathering some of my locos this evening, but I was so tired after being out in the heat I just chilled out instead.

Rex - I didn't know you could hold your breath that long!:eek:

Evening Gang. Not much going on here. I fixed the vacumn cleaner. It needed new filters and a belt. The system was clogged with cat hair. The cat is no longer with us so it may last this time.
I bought 3 flat cars and 2 gondolas Sunday. They only cost $1000 a real bargin. Oh, did I mention they were in 1.5 inch scale? All my flat cars that I built 30 years ago need to be replace as they are rotting out. I built them out of plywood and white pine. I've kept them painted but they have had to stay out side. I guess 30 years is doing pretty good considering. I'll use the trucks and couplers from them on the new bodies.
I also layed out the parts for the hopper car kit I got in Feb. I'll have to put it together also.
Time for bed.
Good Night All

Well All I can say is I'm glad the US didn't have "The Bomb" in 1812 or the outcome of that war may have been different.

Not much here as we sailed from Argentia yesterday afternoon and are back 100 miles offshore studying the edge of the Continental Shelf. They are studying the area responsible for the 1929 Tidal Wave that hit Newfoundland and parts of the Eastern Seaboard.

Ken the chlorine in any form is destructive. Hateful stuff! BTW temps here were in the High 50's!

Well that's it for me.

Later All
Fergie

I just ordered from Tony's all the upgrade chips for my BLI's and PK2 locos:eek: .

Now I really need to build something so I can try these out:D .

I've got a couple of plans out of the MR mag I like so I'm thinking I'll just build something like that.

Ken.

Ken the chlorine in any form is destructive. Hateful stuff! ...

Quite true, Fergie - But at least with the liquid form, it dissolves (dilutes) immediately when poured into the water. OTOH, the granular stuff does NOT, even after I soaked it in a bucket of water overnight. The stray grains always find their way to the bottom, where they are in direct contact with the vinyl liner - ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back