luct

G&LRR CEO
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif

Good morning. Cool and damp here today.

More layout work for me. What else is there for me to do.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/11/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 28°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 36°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

High: 54 °F
Low: 52 °F

Now through 10:00 AM CST February 11, 2007

High: 55

Through 10 AM...isolated showers will move east across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. Rainfall will be light.

Today High: 55 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Biscuits and gravy today.

biscuitsgravy.jpg

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Spring has arrived here in the Finger Lakes. Gonna get all the way up to 25°F today....... Whoa!

Afternoon All ! Another warm day in Buffalo, 21 can't beat that / Have a real nice day all !!!

Afternoon all,,

it WAS nice here to start with, then the rain came in by the bucketfull. We had to go to the hospital as Nan manadged to climb over the saftey rails on her bed and fell to the floor with a thud, lucky for her there were no broken bones, just a whole heap of bruising. We decided to get a pub dinner after that, i had a mexican salad and garlic bread to start followed by giant mushrooms stuffed with cheese and leek (type of onion) with potatoes and veg, very tasty and filling.

Southern Indiana 3" to 6" of snow and ice
South Central IN 6" to 12" of snow and ice
North Central IN 8" to 16" of nutin but snow
These are the predictions of our local weather folks. YUCK I want spring and summer and I want it NOW.

Good morning. Rain on tap for today so it's going to be more layout work.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/12/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 49°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High
: 52°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SE

High: 68 °F
Low: 55 °F

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce large hail and damaging winds. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

french-toast.jpg

A cocky Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with the old farmer; "I need to inspect your farm."

The old farmer said: "OK, but don't go in that field."

In a wise-mouth tone the Ag representative said, "I have the authority of the U. S. Government with me. See this card?" He stuck a plastic-coated card in the farmer's face.

"This card says I can go wherever I want to on agricultural land."

The old farmer shrugged and went about his farm chores.

Later, he heard loud screams and saw the Department of Agriculture rep running for the fence. Close behind was the farmer's prize bull, Geronimo.

Geronimo was madder than a nest full of hornets and he was gaining on the Ag Rep with every angry snort.

The farmer shouted, "Show him your card!"

Ray - LucGood afternoon to you.

Ray, if it was 25f here i could de frost the fridge freezer and put everything outside.

Who ordered a double helping of rain, i got some spare

Hi fellows! Flo, I believe a greasy hamburger and American fries would be good for lunch today. Maybe a small piece of that coconut cream pie.

My weekend challenge:
Over the weekend, I came to the conclusion that all the tech writers for MR kits are the children of Satan. Most kits have quality design and engineering, but when it comes to their directions, God help us all. Usually, I have been able to read through the entire set of directions and decipher the meanings and methods of each step, but the more complicated kits requires cognitive skills beyond average, the gift of advanced spatial-temporal reasoning, interpolation of dimensions, and a handful of luck.

Case in point: I am building Walthers Refinery kit and have been working on it at a reasonable, but careful pace. Bang! I spent hours putting the halves of the columns together, sanding, filling, painting, and when completed, the next well hidden instructions tell you to add the unpainted manhole covers to the columns. What color should they be painted? The same as the columns. Crappo! Hey, I already spray painted the columns and now I have to hand paint the danged manhole covers that could have been installed and sprayed with the columns.
Next: to align the columns in the proper position on the the floor, it says to align the vertical seams with the marks on the floor. Hey man! I have spent hours getting rid of the seams with filler and paint. So, I looked inside the columns and was able to mark the seam with a pencil.
Next and worst: After some piping was installed, the instructions say to mount the completed work platforms to the columns. OK! Where! There are no marks and there is not a hint for the exact location in the hard-to-see drawing nor can you get an idea from the one and only photo of a completed kit. I think I have it figured out and go ahead with installed the platforms: Wrong! Finally, I jumped ahead and got the ladder and safety cages put together and was able to figure out how to align the platforms. Maybe!

Now, is this over? Heck, I still have to run piping into some very tight areas of the columns/platforms and they have to fit perfectly in order to match with the piping on other parts of the kits. Thank goodness for liquid glue where I can re-apply to loosen and move parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon All ! Boy Doctor's offices can be a pain in the butt ! I call the drug store to refill some Perscriptions and they need the doctors ok . So what do they do they ok one of them , the other they call the wrong drug store which I no longer do buisness with , and two of them they say I have to make an appointment and come in the office to refill. Tell me what is wrong with this picture. If two were good enough ot ok over the phone ,what was wrong with the other two? And they are medicines which I have been taking for years . Not like it was something new. Well tomorrow I have an appointment and someone is going to get an earfull. So I hope they can take the heat !!! Anyhow you all have a rela nice day. Snopw is forecast acroos the US . But how about this. Parish New York has 146 inchs of snow since last week and more in the forecast !!!!!

Rex sound like you have had a fun time with the refinery
Paul don't get all hot under the collar, take a dep breath or two and relax, this stuff happens all the time here.

Went to the Surgeon today. SO I do have a torn rotator cuff in the left shoulder. Surgery scheduled for Feb 27th with 4 to 6 month rehab. He told me at least 4 months before I am back to normal whatever that means. My wife keeps telling me I have never ever been normal. Four to six weeks in a sling and then intensive rehabilitation therapy so no woodworking and very little model railroading until the healing is complete. So no work for at least a month and lots of being a couch potato. Oh well it will feel better when the pain is gone.

Larry , Sorry to hear about your shoulder, But at least you don't have to shovel anymore snow !!!!

Hi All:
Larry, I had a torn rotator cuff in muy right shoulder a couple of years ago. I spent about what you are looking at getting back to "normal". The time went by quickly it seemed. The rehab was hard at first but got better. I also did my exercises and that helped speed things up. I don't even feel like I was hurt now.
I got the last of the siding on the Sunday River mine head frame tonight. Now to figure out where it is going and plan out the terrain. It needs to sit on a rise with the loading track runs along the base.
I'm going to hit the sack.
Good Night All

Hi everyone,

Now U see me now U don't - been really busy working on this article for Fugate's online PDF magazine, he was renegotiating his contract with Kalmbach and now they want to "back" his project. I have misgivings about that, seems like they might take over the whole thing and only use material from "their" writers. We'll see what happens...

Buffalo Paul - my doc did the same thing to me when I had to get a refill on a prescription, of course I'd eluded him for almost a year <LOL>.

Rex: About those walthers kits - I feel your pain. I really torques me that all of their circular stuff has to be cast in halves, they almost never line up correctly for me. Lately I've "cheated" and used Plastruct round pieces with much better results.

Larry, sorry to hear about your injury - hope there are some MRR activities you can do even when your sidelined...

Texas Paul - Havin' fun yet?;) Post some pix of that sunday mine as you make progress on it...

Ray - Ma Nature isn't cutting you up-Staters any slack, is she! I'll be getting a sampling of winter wrath tomorrow and Wednesday - probably more like freezing rain (slip slidin' away...)

Jeff, hope you made it thru those nasty storms OK.

Steve - If you need a place for that food while you defrost the freezer, send it my way I won't let it go to waste!:D

'Nite all

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back