Coffee Shop Part III

Tornado The new build steam loco is well on target to steam within 2007, all that is required now is £115.000, when you think £15.000 was raised in just over a month it's looking very exciting, the boiler cladding is being rolled and boiler superheater header due soon, the tender frames are being fitted with brake hangers, the tender axles and wheels and tyres are due soon and the tender tank is well on it's way to completion. The loco has had the air pumps fitted with work underway to fit the inside motion:D

anyway have a look at the latest news and pictures for yourselves

TORNADO

Hi and good evening gang! Well, we are not getting the white stuff from the heavens, but it sure is sleeting...hard. There was only a small chance of frozen stuff forcasted for us and that was for later tonight. Surprise, Mr. Weatherman! It's here! (I love it when they screw up.) :D :D

It probably won't amount to much, but it is very different for us.;)

Evening Gang: Well the party went well despite cold, rain, sleet, and snow.
I got a watch and the maintinance gang collected $251 for me. Ther is the WGH show in March so that will come in handy.
Two days to go so I'd better get to bed. I'd hate to be late now.
KenL did you get that? Two days.
Good Night All

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

02-01-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
Today is shopping day, so I'll be in and out during the day. And I'm getting my new camera today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/1/2007

Live Conditions 6:19 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23​

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 41°F
Low: 39°F
Rain: 0.09"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

High: 52 °F
Low: 37 °F

Now through 08:00 AM CST February 01, 2007

High: 50

Through 8 AM...a broken line of showers will be found across the coastal waters, between Marsh Island and the Atchafalaya Bay. You can expect a moderate rainfall, which will reduce the visibilities to around 3 miles. Isolated showers will be found elsewhere across the coastal waters. Otherwise, patchy fog will be found over south central Louisiana.

Today High: 50 Mostly cloudy with rain likely. Highs around 50. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

Let's keep it simple today. I'll have French toast.
french-toast.jpg

Morning All ! It's 24 degrees outside and nice and sunny How can you beat that? Off to the dentist to see about a sore tooth.Can hardly wait. TX Paul you must be getting a bit excited by now with only today and tomorrow to go. Well got to get a shot of mouthwash you all have a real nice day !

Tornado The new build steam loco is well on target to steam within 2007, all that is required now is £115.000, when you think £15.000 was raised in just over a month it's looking very exciting, the boiler cladding is being rolled and boiler superheater header due soon, the tender frames are being fitted with brake hangers, the tender axles and wheels and tyres are due soon and the tender tank is well on it's way to completion. The loco has had the air pumps fitted with work underway to fit the inside motion:D

anyway have a look at the latest news and pictures for yourselves

TORNADO
Looking great, thanks for the update!

Good Morning all! As reported last night, we did have sleet...until about 1 hour after my post and then the temperature went up and nothing but rain from then on. Good ole Alabama weather.:confused:

Have you ever heard of a diabetic dog? Well Moe, our poodle, was feeling bad so we took him in for a checkup. Yup! Diabetic, complete with blood sugar test, insulin shots, and diet. They say a dog's sugar level specs are the same as a humans. Go figure!

Hope you have a GREAT day!

Have you ever heard of a diabetic dog? Well Moe, our poodle, was feeling bad so we took him in for a checkup. Yup! Diabetic, complete with blood sugar test, insulin shots, and diet. They say a dog's sugar level specs are the same as a humans. Go figure!

Yep, my son and his wife had a sweet little dog that was diabetic. Ended up on the same insulin that my Mother used. She did well on the diet, insulin and blood test only to have to be put to sleep due to another health problem a few months ago.

Wh, Me? Excited? You bet. Actually now it's only a day and a half. Make that less then a day and a half. Tomorrow my foreman is taking me out for a steak lunch. That will be enjoyable. He has been a good guy to work with. Notice I didn't say work for. I couldn't have made the last 5 years or so without him.
Lunch time is over with and who cares. I do have to get down to HR and take care of a few things so I'll say "See you all later".

Morning fellas!! Missed out on the house we wanted, our 10 day contract was conditional on finance (we hoped this place would have sold) So we shall keep looking.

Found a great brand new place which over looks a reserve (playground swings and slides for Brigette) and out the 4th bedroom window I can see the main sth rail line. Only drawback it's a little pricey and the 4th b-room is 11 X 11 feet.

Ken.

PAUL THE SHORT TIMER! Soon to be on the final 8 hour countdown. I'm excited with you, Paul. (think you will leave work early tomorrow?)

Geeze! Sorry Ken about the house, but take your time and find the place that is just perfect for you. All you need is a small house with a very large garage;) :D .

Jeffery hope you like the new camera your getting
Ken M sorry about the house buying, it's a real pain at times, we have gone through the same stuff here.
Rex nextdoor's dog was diabetic too.
Paul STEAK LUNCH, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It was grandads funeral today, all went as well as can be expected, Ken worked for the railways since the 1930's through till 1980's with a short break to fight in the second world war in Gibraltar and north Africa. He was an avid artist who loved to paint pictures, mostly rural scenes which were excelent. He was always dressed in a smart suit and wastecoat and was very proud, it's a real shame he was eventually taken by dementure, anyway he's sat at the lords table having a good laugh just like the old times, good on ya ken
Here he is at Christmas 2005, by this time he was finding it very difficult doing the basic things in life and had to have a lot of assistance from nan
PC190003.jpg

My Prayers are with you at this time of grieving Steve (Matt 5:4; Psalms 30:5)

on a side note I just found out that photograpy is not one of my talents -.-

Thanks Angelic, Photography is not something you can be instantly good at, i have been doing it for years and still don't know much about it, the best thing about digital is you can take as many pictures as you want without the worry of how much it will cost to develop film.

Rex We had an ole tom cat that weighed 17 lbs. He was a diabetic and on insulin for about 3 years. My wife took care of that cause I said put the poor thing to sleep. He was 14 yrs old when he was found to have it and lived another 3 years. That was kind of an expensive proposition with finding out how much insulin to give him twice a day. She usually got a break on the needles. Someone would return them to the pharmacy and the could not be resold for human use but the pets had no problem with them. We got them cheap and the pharmacy did not have to deal with returning them. It got so when we went in they would ask if she needed needles.

Last edited:
Steve, Grandpa was a very handsome man with a colorful life. I know you all will miss him greatly.

Larry: My wife is a nurse at a Seniors Home and when a resident leaves or passes away, they throw away their insulin. She is hoping to be able to get those and also a deal on needles. Geeze, I hope! Oh, she will have to be the one doing all this. After all, she's a nurse, right?:rolleyes: :D

Paul: I can't say that I blame you for hanging around to the final minute. That will be a very special time for you and one that you never will forget. I don't know if you have to clock-in, but it would be nice if the boss man would give you your time card for a keepsake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back