Coffee Shop Part III

RAY

I just "arrived" after an absents of 3 days so I missed a lot of things and as newcomer in this part of the forum I also want to wish you a happy birthday (Think/ hope I am not to late?!)

Steve B::

Nice rainbow and picture Steve.
For two weeks ago we also had that kind of weatherphenomen , only the rainbows were seen at sunrise: So in the very early morning. It was very strange to see that dark sky and the rainbows on/to the west.

Did any of you ARG folks know this gentleman??? I received this on my N-Scale Yahoo group MB. I was just wondering if any of you knew him.

Good People,

I was deeply saddened to learn tonight of the death of Dudley Ross of
Montgomery, Alabama. His N-scale C&O layout was recently featured on the
cover of the 6th Anniversary issue of N Scale Railroading. He died of a
brain tumor that was only discovered a few weeks ago. I, for one, found his
work inspiring. I have known him and his extended family since I was a child
growing up in Montgomery 45 years ago. A good man who will be missed.

Andrew Waldo
Shorewood, MN

I don't know him Larry, but Carey has been around in MR a very long time and perhaps he does.
Carey, you out there?

EDIT: Just talked CJ on the cell and he's traveling back from Arkansas. He said he knew him and would post in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve - I forgot to mention, what a spectacular rainbow photo! We get some interesting stuff around here but I have so many trees in my yard, I can't get any decent panoramic shots...

Hey Bob! I got something for you. I'm posting this out open so anyone else here who runs any sort of a forum knows...

I just got through deleting and banning 5 accounts, from 2 websites, registered to users with an email at "cashette.com". I've added a full ban on cashette.com to one of the sites, and I'll be adding it to Model Railroad Tips in a min here. So watch those emails.

Ugly looking clouds, Ken. Better batten down the hatches!

Josh: Clue a dummy in on what you are talking about.

Good morning all!!

KenL CSX road slug: That's why Steve cut his trees down!!:D :eek:

Jos

p.s.Rex and Alabama gang:Now I am searching on internet for: small shipyards:D. Hope they have boats with engines on air-pressure that will be usefull on our way "BACK home:p :rolleyes: :D

After all that threatening cloud, it just drizzled!!

Well i got back in the train room tonight I decided to quit not doing it and just do something, so I took enjineerbills lead and just started screwing wood together. At least I'll be able to run around the room instead of back and forth.

A tidy up and pics soon.

Ken.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

11-27-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Josh, so what's up with those accounts? Inquiring minds want to know...:confused:

Ken, those clouds would look great on your backdrop! Glad they didn't bring much more than a sprinkle to your place.

Rex & Ray, their website, cashette.com has been a major source of spammers, per say. All but one of the members banned from Model Railroad Tips has been registered to that site, and add to that 3 or 4 more on Demotivated.net's forum. So I've made the rash decision (for now) to completely ban cashette.com as an email server, from Demotivated.net at least. I figured I'd warn other members who run forums. Mine were easy to catch, the IP & host name matched and the accounts at cashette.com were bouncing.

Afternoon folk's,,, well after the weekend from hell sleeping wise the Doc's put me on anti depresent tab's and signed me off work, i only got 4 hours sleep since Friday and i'm knackered,
catch you later folks

Ken L it's a pity i don't have a better view instead of looking at houses, Ken M my screens now clean Ken

Hi everyone! The latest confirmed news around T-town is the University of Alabama has fired Coach Shula, head football coach. Personally, i thought they would give him another year, but my understanding is he was already on that other year. Defensive coach, Joe Kines, will be the interim head coach until a new one is named. No rumors about who. Maybe we will steal your favorite coach, hehehhehehe!:D

Thanks Josh for the heads-up. No, I don't have a site but it is always good to know such things.

NZKEN: I got lost somewhere. Have you completely started a new layout? I thought you were well on your way.

Steve: That was the type of medicine that I, Doc Rex:eek: , recommended - Ativan.

Josh, after I posted I did a google search for cashette.com and read about what is going on from two or three sites that came up. I think you made a very wise and good decision. Hopefully this site and others that I frequent have already taken that action.

Steve, bummer! Hope you get feeling better very soon.

Steve - sorry to hear about your condition, hope you get back to normal soon!

Ken M - glad the storm clouds were NOT...

Josh - thanx for the heads-up about Cashette

Well guys [+ Claudia], this is something I heard rumours of last Wednesday but didn't want to talk about it until I saw it 'in writing' : A close associate of mine here at the Lab dropped dead suddenly on Wednesday morning, at the tender age of 55, after having flu-like symtoms the previous 36 hours. :eek: :( Apparently he suffered a major heart attack. I'll bet his 20-cigarette-a-day smoking habit [since his teens] made him a sitting duck for this type of event, makes me all the more glad I quit 22 years ago. Haven't accomplished much on the job today as I'm still in shock about the whole thing...

I don't know him Larry, but Carey has been around in MR a very long time and perhaps he does.
Carey, you out there?

EDIT: Just talked CJ on the cell and he's traveling back from Arkansas. He said he knew him and would post in the morning.

Dudley was an old friend from way back. It is sad to hear of his passing. Saddest of all was he and his wife had lost a daughter 2 years ago to the same thing.

His layout is spectacular. Too bad it will never be "finished". For those who had not seen the issue mentioned, it was based on the C&O. But every scene was a model of a particular location on the prototype. Dudley did something that I've seen only one other person even attempt. That is model a complete scene from a photograph and model it down to the nth detail.

Dudley had served as Co-chairman for the Southeastern Region of the NMRA convention in Montgomery, Ala last year. A very successful convention. He was currently serving as the chairman of the region's "Good and Welfare" committee. This commitee kept track of birthdays, deaths, births, illness, etc. of members in the region and saw that appropriate acknowledgement came from the region to the individual member.

Above all, Dudley was a gentleman and mentor to many within the NMRA and the SER in particular.

He will be missed.

Back