Coffee Shop Part III

The work on the E7 is almost complete. Here are some pics.
First, with the basic flat white paint from yesterday.

pt1.jpg

Second, with the flat black trim added and the decals applied.
pt2.jpg

Third, this decal was the hardist one to apply.
pt3.jpg

I still have to apply the finishing touches such as grime and

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all ! Jeffrey the Proto looks real nice, Were a balmy 16 degrees and sunshine outside but a bit windy. Took my bone density test yesterday and it didn't hurt a bit. Just got an old Ahm NYC E-8 in the mail and it runs pretty good for an old Loco .Will keep it a NYC but it will need a liitle repair on the front trucks and some customing . Well you all have a real nice day!!!!

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough , plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

Hope you enjoy...

Happy MRRing

Morning, freezing cold again here just after a day of 70 degree weather. Don't you just love how quickly weather can change.

Hi all ! It's nice and sunny outside with temps. at 15 can you beat that. And a news flash it's snowing in Mexico . They got over 65 inches of snow, I mean Mexico , New York . Anyhow I guess a major storm system is crossing the Upper US. Means lots of bad weather into next week for a lot of us. SO I'm off to the supermarket Aldis to stock up on supplies . Just the monthly groceries but it sounds good. Well you all have a wonderful day !!!!!

Good Morning all!
Flo, just a pot of coffee for now, but I will be back later.

I have managed to find the courage and get back to building my Walthers refinery kit, after trying to hide it about 2 months ago. It is a fairly complex kit, but the hard part is having to paint then build, paint then build, and etc. Maybe I will be able to finish it up in about a week and post some photos.

Nick: you are not by yourself with the crazy temps. We had 68F yesterday and it's 43F now. At least we don't have the misery of the Northern boys, brrrrrrrrrrrr! :eek: .

Jeffrey: the KCS "White Ghost" is looking very good. Looks like the photo.

Texas Paul: Glad your having fun in your new career. Sounds like you have good management, good benefits, and great hours. ;) :)

I posted this elsewhere but since a lot of folks hang out in this topic, I thought I'd also mention it here...

Yesterday I fixed a bug that was causing upload issues in the photo gallery and I have to admit, when I looked at the gallery I was amazed at just how little use it's getting. There just aren't a lot of photos there yet. I'd really encourage you to start using the gallery and uploading your photos. I think it would be a wonderful resource if we can get some worthwhile photos uploaded.

Also, if you're not using the gallery, and there's a reason why you don't, please let me know. If there is some bug that's not allowing you to upload photos or something else isn't working, please speak up and let me know!

Bob, I have given serious thought about just closing down my railimages site and do a setup on this one. I need to do some housekeeping anyway and this would be the opportunity. The big and obvious problem would be the lost links on past posts. Any suggestions on this?

Rex, you can change your signature to show the new location for your images. Signature changes are "retroactive," so the change will be reflected in all your previous posts as well as new ones.

Good Morning all!
Flo, just a pot of coffee for now, but I will be back later.

I have managed to find the courage and get back to building my Walthers refinery kit, after trying to hide it about 2 months ago. It is a fairly complex kit, but the hard part is having to paint then build, paint then build, and etc. Maybe I will be able to finish it up in about a week and post some photos.

Nick: you are not by yourself with the crazy temps. We had 68F yesterday and it's 43F now. At least we don't have the misery of the Northern boys, brrrrrrrrrrrr! :eek: .

Jeffrey: the KCS "White Ghost" is looking very good. Looks like the photo.

Texas Paul: Glad your having fun in your new career. Sounds like you have good management, good benefits, and great hours. ;) :)

Yea that's true but the bad thing about being in Oklahoma on the plains is the 50 mph gusts that aren't uncommon. Granted the temp says thirty but the wind chill is always worse here. Well I ended up having to cancel my order for my zephyr out of one company because it's been over a month since initial order and 3 phone calls and 5 e-mails later I'm still told the same thing that it's on back order so I found someone else that actually had it in stock so should be here soon.

Bob, I have given serious thought about just closing down my railimages site and do a setup on this one. I need to do some housekeeping anyway and this would be the opportunity. The big and obvious problem would be the lost links on past posts. Any suggestions on this?

There's no real easy answer for that one.

You have a couple of options.

1) You can go back and update the links, rather time consuming.

2) You can go back and delete old threads that are no longer active.

3) You can simply accept that the images will break.

None of those options is really great. Maybe a combination of all three approaches? Fix recent discussions, let older ones break?

Another option would be to leave your site as is, but stop updating it and put future images here. Be warned that you can't put an image in the gallery and then use it on another site, such as a personal website, the image will not appear correctly.

Rex, up here in central NY we have 4 seasons you know. We like to refer to them as: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. Actually we like all our seasons but we like Winter the best 'cuz all the potholes are filled with snow and it is easier to drive. We also like to do things like Ice Skate (on natural ice), Ski, Snow Camp (my favorite), and stay home and sit by a warm fire (hopefully in a wood stove or fireplace - not so much fun if you don't have one of those). We've also got some great ice fishing in these parts. And if we want to play, we get out the snowmobiles and run through the neighbors yards and gardens (usually after having a few brews). Often times it becomes the Northern equivalent of the Southern Redneck, "Hey, ya'll watch this!" Some idiot in the next county tried to run his machine wide open under a steel grate partially blocking a culvert. Some kids found his machine a couple of hundred yards down the trail and then got to find him (or what was left of him) soon after.

So, hey, don't feel sorry for us blokes up here..... We like the winter!:D :D :D

Be warned that you can't put an image in the gallery and then use it on another site, such as a personal website, the image will not appear correctly.

That and the fact that when I post to the gallery the photos come up in threads as thumb nails. I find thumb nails take more time to click on look at, and then close the new window that comes up. I also have a paid space at Photobucket that I use for two different camps as well as family stuff and my MRR photos. I would have to double post material to use it both here and on other forums even though this is my favorite place on the web.

I do like to browse through the great photos you have over there every now and then.

Hey all you Southern folks here trying to keep warm...... Just heard that Parish, NY (up in the North country of the state) has had 88 inches of snow since February 3rd. That's 7 and one third feet of white stuff in less than a week. And, they are getting more tonight!

Hey all you Southern folks here trying to keep warm...... Just heard that Parish, NY (up in the North country of the state) has had 88 inches of snow since February 3rd. That's 7 and one third feet of white stuff in less than a week. And, they are getting more tonight!

Ahhh...that's nuttin! We are under a winter watch advisory for the a.m. We may get some freezing something or another.:p :D :D

Nick: Yeah, I bet it does get breezy out there. I can handle very cold temps, but if you add wind, I will throw in the towel and go home.:D

... Be warned that you can't put an image in the gallery and then use it on another site, such as a personal website, the image will not appear correctly.

Bob:
Oops! I didn't know that. Hmmm! I guess some thought needs to go into this. Maybe just post my best here at the home forum.

The reason the pictures can't be viewed from other sites is that I have to pay for bandwidth any time the photos are viewed, whether they're on this site or somebody elses. Previously I had problems with folks uploading stuff here, and then posting it on other forums.

In any case, I'm not asking anyone to put all of their photos here, and there are no rules saying you can't post photos that have been posted elsewhere.

So your idea of posting some of your best stuff here sounds great.

Back