Coffee Shop Part III

Steve,
It's sadly ironic that I happened in the Coffee Shop today. I lost my Granny Sunday night and the funeral was yesterday. She had been in a nursing home since she fell at home a few months ago. She was ninety.

My condolences go out to you and your family... it's a tough thing to lose a family member. But as the preacher said at the service, the reward is much better than the suffering that she was enduring here on earth. There is no doubt that she is happier now. Good luck, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

02-02-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/2/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 34°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 42°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph N

High: 44 °F
Low: 38 °F

Today High: 48 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Decreasing clouds. Colder. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffery!

GatorDave, sorry to hear about you grandmother. She lived to a ripe old age! Sounds a bit like my Mom who died a year and a half ago. She fell, broke her hip, and never recovered. She was 88, had dementia, and a whole slew of other ailments. My prayers for your family.

Hi All: We had rain sleet and snow last night. The drive into work was something else. Fortunately I made it all right. What away to start your last day at work. That's right Ken just 3 hours to go. My friend and foreman for the last 10 years took me out for a steak lunch. We talked and came to the conclusion that it was time to get out. This place is going to the dogs. Unfortunately he has a couple of years to go or he'd be right behind me. I worry about him because he has a history of hart problems. We try to get him to take it easy but that isn't his style. I only hope that the doctor will put him on disability before it's too late. He is a good one for sure. If anyone tells him I said this I'll denigh it.
Well I need to get going and say a few more good bys.
See you all later.

Hi All, Paul last day enjoy retirement , Steve and GatorDave sorry about your passings. Ken sorry to hear about your deal falling through. Diabetic animals. I'm a human with the condition and need insulin. it's a daily battle over glucose and and everything else. Hey depending on which groundhog you listen to It's suppose to be either a short winter or 6 more weeks. I'm a firm believer in the calender and spring doesn't show up till March . And can't wait were suppose to get the coldeset temperatures of the winter this weekend. Hope all have a nice weekend and get to enjoy the Super Bowl with family and friends !!!

GatorDave sorry to hear of your sad loss, but like you say, they are better there than suffering all the pain every day. I know which way i would like to go and it's not lying in bed hurting.

Hi gang,

Just staying in contact. I've been mighty busy as of late, either in the trainroom or composing an article for Joe Fugate's planned online mag - doesn't leave much time for idle online chitchat.

Steve, that's a great pic of Grandad there. Sounds like he lived a life anybody should be proud of.

Texas Paul, by the time you read this you'll probably be a free man - congrats, hope you get home safely if the weather there is as bad as you said.

Dave, condolences on your grandmother's passing. The pain will pass, but the memories won't.

Rex, that's ashame about your diabetic dog. Hope Carolyn's up to the challenge [actually from what you were saying, it looks like she already is]

Hey what's THIS...? Freezing rain has started falling here, it's bouncing off my windows - looks like I'll have to spend the night at the office:eek:

Well Gang, it's about time for me to punch the clock for the last time. I've been around and asid my fare wells. Not much else to do but clean out the puter and fold my flag. I'll see you all later.
Ken in 15 minutes it's all over. The weather is good now it was a bear coming in.
Steve & Dave I'm sorry to hear about your loses. Hang in there.
I'll check in on the dial up tonight.

"Retirement Congratulations" Paul
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You made it Paul! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

As long as we are having some good news here. I just got an e-mail from my sister-in-law. My Mother and Father-in-law celebrated their seventy first (that's 71) wedding anniversary yesterday. They are still together and share a room in the nursing home. She is 92 and he is 93. He is the guy that got me back into model railroading as an adult. He brightens up every time I bring him some photos of the layout.

DorothyBarneyw.png

Paul: Now you can join the rest of us retired folks. Don't be surprised if the wife has a "few" new projects lined up, now that you have all this 'FREE' time.

I went to Alexandria today and raided the LHS. Picked a new #6 turnout for the maintenance facility and also picked up a Proto 2000 E7. After I got home, I took care of a few things that needed attention, then started in on the E7. I got an old Bachmann out that has a bad motor, stripped the DCC decoder out of it and transplanted it into the E unit. All I wanted was motor control, so I left the lights hooked up to the light board. This means they'll be on all the time, but I don't care. Got the decoder wired in, put the locomotive on the track, fired up the DCC unit and put the power to it. It runs great! The slow speed performance and crawl is phenomenal. It can crawl at 2 - 3 scale mph with no problem at all. The top speed is a scale 60 mph. I'm gonna pull the decoders from my other Bachmann's as they die off and convert my E6 and E8.

Ha, time she figures in company housing, company store, and plain ole company, she will send you a bill!:D :D :D

Congrats Paul!! must be a nice feeling to be free. As for me it's off to work I go cause I owe I owe I owe!!

Ken.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/3/2007

Live Conditions 4:44 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 23°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 26°F

So Far Today
High: 32°F
Low: 30°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph N

High: 54 °F
Low: 27 °F

Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Not as cool. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 32 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.

Good morning. I'll have the scrambled eggs this morning.

scambledeggs.jpg

Good morning all,

I'm safely back at home, the surprise ice storm didn't stick because the ground temps were still a hair above freezing. I can do without the bitter cold though.

Jeff your photos are making me hungry for eggs, guess that'll be my breakfast too. I've had a pair of those P2K E8's for years and they're among my favorite engines. I'll be hitting the Timonium show later this morning, hopefully I too will have a 'loot report' when I get back!:D Maybe I'll see some people from the forum(s) there...?

Paul congrats on retirement! Today is the first day of the rest ...uh, never mind...

Ray what an excellent photo of your inlaw's, it's great they can still be together even in a place like that.

NZKen - Sorry to hear you didn't get that new place you wanted. Hopefully a better one will appear when your current place gets sold...

Afternoon everyone,
Paul have a great retirement

Ray That's a great picture of your mother and father in law and to have been married 71 years, that's awesome.

Well today we got more sad news, Nicky's Nan Ethel had a stroke last night at home, she's in the hospital waiting for a scan but it's not looking to good for her, it's even the same ward as Ken died on, poor old girl, life is cruel at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back