Coffee Shop Part III

Evening All: Well four days and a wakeup. I'm going to be glade when 3:30 Friday comes around. Not much going on here.
Ray, I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law. I now that your sister must be hart broken. My prayers for them both.
It's time to head for bed. I still have to get up at 4:45 am for the next 5 mornings.
Good Night All

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

01-29-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/29/2007

Live Conditions 6:18 AM

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 28°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 22°F

So Far Today
High: 29°F
Low: 28°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

High: 55 °F
Low: 28 °F

Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain in the evening... Then chance of rain after midnight. Not as cool. Lows around 40. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Bacon and eggs for me today.

bacon.jpg

G'morning Bill/Luc/Jeff and all,

It was an active weekend for me, just not online. Knocked off a few honeydo list items, bought 3 new gons to replace some crappy performers (which I cannabalized for parts then tossed in the trash). Upgraded a few pieces of leftover rolling stock, but some of those had "issues" so I was a tad frustrated when I left the trainroom last night.

But the major time-killer for me was: Resurrecting and editing an old manuscript I submitted to RMC ~ 4 years ago, but they've held it in limbo (probably because Walthers discontinued the structre kit that is the subject of the kitbash article). Anyhow, Joe Fugate is starting his own free online magazine and he said he'd gladly use mine - even though it is a narrow "niche" topic, it'll help him get the e-mag up and running. I just need to check with RMC first to make sure I'm not stepping on any lawyers' toes. (I don't see why though, since they never paid me anything for it.)

That's about it for me, for now...

Steve - I really enjoyed your pix of the Schnaebel rig, those things are a sight to behold. I saw one of those on I-83 back in 1987, where the load had shifted sideways and all the wheel assemblies (except the ones at each end) were hanging in midair. The authorities had to close down all the southbound lanes of I-83 for an entire Saturday in order to clear it - man, what a mess!

Texas Paul - I guess now it's three and a wakeup, eh?

Ray, I'll keep your B-I-L and your sister in my prayers...

Buffalo Paul, it appears your area is in for another dose of Lake Effect snow...:eek:

Fergie, glad you had time to stop in, I'll keep praying for your Dad's recovery. Hope everything gets ironed out on the addition real soon so you can get back to enjoying the real MESS. Good to hear Bob is doing OK, I really miss those 90-minute phone conversations I used to have with him.

Rex, I'll pray for your recovery too - life can be so hard, can't it!:D

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' [b[Jeffrey[/b]!

Hey Ken, good to see you sir!

Thank you everyone for your prayers for my Sister and her husband. My sister's biggest sadness at this point is that she will not be able to be his caregiver to the end. I hope that she will be able to be at his side when he goes on to the next life. She is an Episcopalian Deacon and is strong in her faith. She has been at the side of several people when they passed on. This time will be a bit different though, I know.

I have been cutting cedar shingles for the gas station kit I am working on. Way too busy to have much time for it. Say Rex, you might want to think twice about retiring. I have never been so busy in my life as since I retired. I have no idea how I ever found time to work! :D You're going to love it!

Afternoon all,

Damn my eyes are watering, just peeled some super strength onions,, just had a 1-1/2 hour math test for a new job at work today, my brain hurts:eek:

if you into anything nautical take a peek at this web site, it's full of info and pictures and just about anything you can think of, Ken loves it don't you.:D

Ships ships and more ships

Afternnoon All !Ray my prayers for sister and her husband. hope God gives them both his love and guidance this time.CSx the way were situated is where about midpoint between the two Grat Lakes here so we kinda dodge the bullet most of the time .to far North for Lake Erie and to far South for Lake Ontario . But when we get hit head on look out were in trouble. Steve nice site there for ships . All we ever see here is boats and more boats .Once in awhile we might see a freighter. And during the winter nothing at all. Well gotta get going Hope all have a real nice day. And Texas Paul just four more days to retirement .!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! Hope all is well and no one is frozen away from their trains. I have to run my heater in the Depot a lot more than usual to keep it moderately warm. This is one time that the heat from my Halogen track lighting comes in handy:D .

Rex, I'll pray for your recovery too - life can be so hard, can't it!
Thank you Ken. Working on the railroad can sure be tough work.:p :D If I could just get the men off their butts, then I could sit back in my office and procrastinate. Some union guys came around the yard and tried to tell the men that the work would be easier if they would organize the BC&W...I sent the Bulls after them with Hickory sticks.:D

... Say Rex, you might want to think twice about retiring. I have never been so busy in my life as since I retired. I have no idea how I ever found time to work! You're going to love it!
Oops! I think you mean Mr. Texas Paul. I am already a member of the elite. Can't you see me smile all the time.:D However, you are right. Those that say they have nothing to do in retirement aren't looking very hard.

Oops! I think you mean Mr. Texas Paul. I am already a member of the elite. Can't you see me smile all the time.:D However, you are right. Those that say they have nothing to do in retirement aren't looking very hard.

Oops! Yep right! That's what I get for posting before I finished my coffee.:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Some scumbag just robbed me via ebay,:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and another:mad:
It's a good job Ebay were on the ball contacting me, i manadged to stop my payment for an item before mr scum cleared it, HA HA HA, nice try:D but it didn't work this time, the real pain is changing all my credit card stuff as mine is now relegated to spreading plaster on the MR.

Yeah, i paid for an item through Paypal, they somehow cloned a genuine sellers I.D. and i fell for it as to all intents it was genuine, good job Ebay were so fast.
I bought a Norscott front end loader (Not)

but i did get two nice norscott D5 dozers today from a German seller and a Volvo 25 ton excavator is on it's way also.

Hi Gang: I don't have to worry about finding things to do. I go to work for the Beverung Ranch on Saturday morning and the manager is one tough lady. She won't let me burn any daylight. I'm lucky that the lights on her tractor arn't working. Of course she will probably have me fix them first.
Luc, I'd show your post to her but she'd take it seriously and start in on me now. Actually she is a great one to work with and I do love her so.
Tomorrow will be 2 and a wake up.
Steve: That's a real bummer about the E-bay deal. It is a good thing that the folks there were on the ball. So how does a credit card work for spreading plaster? I use business cards for spreading stuff like bondo and laqure putty.
It's time for bed so I will say Good Night.

Ken: I went looking fo ryour seperate post about Bruce. Where did you post it? When Walthers opened there first store on Water st. Dad took me down there for the grand opening. Mr Bill and Bruce gave us the grand tour themselves. Dad knew Bill and we got the royal treatment. I still have the castings that Mr Bill gave me from one of the bins by a casteing machine.

Back