Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 17 F. Wonder if it ever made to the predicated high of 25 F. Weather is supposed to go to crap around here tomorrow afternoon also. They say it will start around lunch time with snow, then sleet, then freezing rain, and then in certain areas rain. I wonder where we will turn up on the Wheel of Weather. I am hoping it doesn’t affect Cub Scout Roundtable tomorrow night.

It would be nice if it would hold off until I get home tomorrow but with my luck I will be knee deep in it on the way home.

It is snowing lightly here in the Heartland now. Anywhere for 1 to 5 inches, just according to where the low pressure cell passes.

It is snowing lightly here in the Heartland now. Anywhere for 1 to 5 inches,
Yeah! and it's forecast to being on it;s way up here. Sheesh just got the driveway and decks cleaned off. :mad: Oh! Well I guess it's winter, bummer :(

Cheers Willis

02-12-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Well the weather predictors were wrong again. We got maybe 1/2 inch of fluffy white, you can still see the grass. Now Louisville KY got hammered again. they have had way more snow than we have and they can have it. Ahhhhhhhh the Kubota gets to sit in the garage another few days and I do not have to get cold plowing that white stuff. Ain't life great. As Forest Gump says "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your are going to get"

Good Morning Bill & Larry , 6 degrees here in Buffalo with a winter storm watch . Suppose to get 4-8 inches of snow and or freezing rain . I guess the storm that hit the midwest is tracking our way. Gonna have another cup of coffee and think about it awhile. Hope everyone has a nice day !

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Larry! Poor tractor. I bet it was out in the garage just hoping it would get run today......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Mornin' Paul! Hey that's the same forcast for Geneva! :D I do worry about my son who has to drive in it to get to and from work. He works in Penn Yan and some of the worst White Outs I have seen happen on the flat land from here to Penn Yan.

Good morning.

It's 62 degrees here under cloudy skies. Thunderstorms expected this afternoon with a high of 67.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/12/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 65°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NNE

Today High: 70 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs around 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

I was getting tired of there being no light in the north-west corner of the layout so I took care of that little problem about 5:15 this am.

Good Morning Bill and good morning all, sunny and 20F here in Central Nova. A bit of fluffies last night nothing much, but theres a storm watch in the news, maybe it'll skirt around us, happens once in awhile. Just time for a
pubimage.gif
while I read the new posts. So y'all have a great day
cheers Willis

Afternoon, everyone.

Seems like I've had enough time to stop in for a few minutes the past few days but never got to the coffee shop. It's been one of those crisis kind of weeks so far. My brother in law was taken to the hospital for what they thought was a heart attack. Turned out to be indigestion. My sister's mother in law is in the hospital with they think is a a heart attack and aneurysm. I suspect it's mostly dehydration from having the flu for the past three days and not seeing the doctor and not eating and drinking. My stepdaughter now has the flu and the rest of us are taking Tamiflu, which I don't think really does much good but costs about as much as a five pack of Accurail cars. :eek:. There really is a strain of influenza starting up that's not one of the ones covered by the flu shot and it seems to be hitting Alabama hard. Rex, I hope you're starting to feel better. So far, so good for me but we'll see what happens.

Looks like the lower Ohio Valley is really getting it in terms of snow and ice. We are starting to pick up some strong winds and they have just issued a tornado watch until 8:00 local time tonight. Nothing really happening here but lots of storms in Mississippi. I suspect this will be another washout for us but northern and southern Alabama stand pretty good chance of getting some strong storms. I just hope we get the rain since we are still way behind.

I hope everyone else is healthy and that the weather isn't too bad.

Steve, what more do you hear about the ship?

Jeffrey, did a maiden aunt die and leave you a couple of gross of light bulbs? :) You've sure been adding the lights lately. It seems like most of us either have no lighting or we start with a few lights here and there and we end up with about 100 lights installed because the areas that aren't lit just don't look right.

Don't suppose there's anyone else here with Broadway Limited E-6 dummy. The trucks have an annoying squeak. I've taken everything apart and lubed all the parts but the squeaks persists. The truck roll freely so I guess the next thing to look at is the bolsters and see if something is binding up there. It's kind of irritating to be doing this kind of thing for something with an $80 list price. :(

Jimthey are going for a re float this week if all goes well, they are pumping tons of fuel out and unloading the semi trailers at present with a big crawler crane, should be interesting, hope it lasts till next week,,, i'm on a week off work.

Huh, Epson yellow is too transparent for my use.

Not just Epson. Most all ink jet printers yellow doesn't work well for decals. They seem very opaque and show the color under it. I have the same problem with my HP and Canon printers. Even my Samsung laser printer won't make yellow worth a durn......

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it will be an interesting night here in the Finger Lakes. The weather guessers are forecasting the following for the area: STEADY SNOW WILL CHANGE TO A MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT...AND CONTINUE AS A WINTRY MIX THROUGH THE NIGHT. SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 6 INCHES AND TRAVEL CONDITIONS BECOMING EVEN MORE TREACHEROUS AS ICE ACCUMULATION RANGES FROM A TENTH TO A QUARTER OF AN INCH.

I have to go out for a meeting but should be home before it gets really bad. My son on the hand has to drive home at midnight (around 15 miles) when it will be at its worst........ he is an excellent driver, has a new car, and remembers his Eagle Scout training, but still...............

Jeffrey, did a maiden aunt die and leave you a couple of gross of light bulbs? :) You've sure been adding the lights lately. It seems like most of us either have no lighting or we start with a few lights here and there and we end up with about 100 lights installed because the areas that aren't lit just don't look right.

Don't suppose there's anyone else here with Broadway Limited E-6 dummy. The trucks have an annoying squeak. I've taken everything apart and lubed all the parts but the squeaks persists. The truck roll freely so I guess the next thing to look at is the bolsters and see if something is binding up there. It's kind of irritating to be doing this kind of thing for something with an $80 list price. :(
I get them at Hobby Lobby in Alexandria. The bulbs are made by Model Power an dcost about $12 for 20.

Can't help you on the E6. All mine are Proto 2000.

Not just Epson. Most all ink jet printers yellow doesn't work well for decals. They seem very opaque and show the color under it. I have the same problem with my HP and Canon printers. Even my Samsung laser printer won't make yellow worth a durn......

I have a Xerox Phaser 8560 DN color printer and it does a real nice job.

Good evening folks

We are under a layer of ice here this evening. I can’t tell if it has changed from sleet to freezing rain or just rain. My van has about a ¼ inch thick layer of ice on it right now. We were going to go to Scout Round table but I do not like driving in snow or ice so we stayed home. It is 24 F and we are under a Winter Storm Warning until 1 AM. The weather guessers say the freezing rain will turn to rain after midnight.

No modeling last night. We had to run some errands. I also spent some time last evening speaking with the commissioner and president of the athletic association of my daughter’s basketball team regarding her coaches’ unsportsmanlike conduct. I found that the assistant coach has been previously banned from coaching and should not be coaching. And now it looks like the head coach may also be banned because there have been other issues regarding the team that I was unaware of. It is sad when a couple of jerks can ruin youth sports.

I am trying to see if I get some work bench time tonight since our plans have changed. I think Jericho starts back up tonight. That and Battlestar Galactica are the only two TV programs I have watched regularly the last year or so. I have the DVR set to record it just in case I am busy elsewhere.

We just got a phone call from the school district saying schools will open two hours late tomorrow. This makes me wonder what tomorrow morning will be like. Our school district never closes schools. The other districts around us will be closed or opening late but we’re not. Our kids are usually trudging through snow and ice to and from school.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Evening All: Baby Lara is coming home tomorrow. We just found out today. The parents are really happy and so are grandpa and grandma.
I hope that everyone with the crud is getting better. Right now I'm going to cut out and celebrate.

Good evening folks

We are under a layer of ice here this evening. I can’t tell if it has changed from sleet to freezing rain or just rain. My van has about a ¼ inch thick layer of ice on it right now. We were going to go to Scout Round table but I do not like driving in snow or ice so we stayed home. It is 24 F and we are under a Winter Storm Warning until 1 AM. The weather guessers say the freezing rain will turn to rain after midnight.

Tom;

At least your's is going on and most of y'all up there know how to drive in it. The Weathidiots, (new word just made up, combo of weather and idiots), on the local weather forum here is talking how all the weather models are just absolutly, positively showing a Fz rain/sleet /snow storm for our area. Again! This is about the 5th time since Dec 1st this has occurred. All we get is a cold rain, if that. Personally I hope it just rains. We need it badly. The last "Winter storm" warning we had, (last month), we got a dusting if that! I'll believe it when I see it!

Meanwhile on the modeling front, been helping a friend with some decoder installs and upgrading and old computer of his to run the JMRI software easily. Had it loaded on an old 55Mhz computer that simply would not handle it. I had an older chasis around here loaded with Win98. Just took it, installed XP pro, the latest JMRI, and his decoder info. Now he's cooking.

I have been working on a Bowser 2-10-2 engine I got for Christmas. Just now getting the mech to perform like I need my engines to run. Been feeling alot better but still get winded climbing up or down the stairs to the basement. Still weak from the hospital I guess. In case yall are interested, No Cigarettes for Me Since Dec 5th! The Chantix is working fine! No more side effects since mid Dec. (lets just say, it wasn't smart to have an open flame around!)

Later, I think I'll trudge back down the stairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back