Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Mark they do look alike! Amazing how the little devils weedle their way into your heart. I was never a "cat" person until I inherited the two black and white kittens.

Afternoon, everyone.

Ray, yes I was up late, one of those nights I couldn't sleep. Went down to the layout about 2 am and did a whole bunch of little detail work that I never get done because there's always some interruption. Three hours of uninterrupted work gets a lot of ground foam and landscaping done. I got three hours sleep before church and I think I'm running out of steam now. :) For some reason, Simba, our cat, is totally uninterested in the fish tank until I clean the gravel. He'll watch me in rapt attention for an hour doing that. Cats have strange minds.

Phillip, it's a trick! She says she wants a dog now and that she'll take it when she moves but she's fibbing. She'll play with it until she moves out and then you'll have another dog. :D I think your wife's sudden interest in your layout is a trick too. Remember, February 14 is only 11 days away. You just can't trust these women. :eek: Sounds like the Chili cookoff should be fun - I'll take the Tums concession.

Carey, enjoy being unemployed while you can. I'm sure you be back in a "real" job soon. My brother and I used to play with trains all the time when we were kids. He hasn't kept up that interest but loves to do anything electrical or electronic to the layout when he's here. He was an engineer for Honeywell and electrical whiz. I just wish he lived closer - I'd have those dang crossing signals done by now.

Mark, those are pretty cats. Did your Maine Coon cat make all kinds of weird noises and bite you for no particular reason? Either that's normal or Simba is psychotic. :)

Are those actually cans of biscuits or do you mean what we call cookies? There's sure a lot of them on the beach already. It sounds like the wind hasn't abated much and the ship looks much worse than yesterday. The tidal action is eventually going to cause her to capsize and then they are going to have a real mess on their hands. Their only hope would be to get a lighter alongside and transfer as much debris as possible off the ship but that doesn't look likely to happen. Thank goodness she wasn't an oil tanker and no one was killed.

Phillip, your cat looks like she plotting something. They are like women, always up to something and you don't know what it is until they pounce. :)

Did more lighting work and got a pretty good shot early this morning. The trailer is wired for light. All I have to do now is put it in place and hook it up.

Wow Philip, she's a beauty!

Jim, I had one of those 2am nights on Friday night so I can relate...it's catching up with me now. As for Brio (the maine coon), he was pretty good natured but usually would be the winner in a fight. He was a strong bugger. :D

Mark

Hey, get this! You're not going to believe it! I can't!

I actually WON the chili cookoff today! Thats right, First Place!

There were 10 chili's there, ranging from a white bean chicken chili to one that had large chunks of peppers in it. Some of them were better then mine I thought. But when the votes were tallied, mine came out with the most votes!

Here, I brought in whats left of it so you all can sample it! (Here's a link so I don't kill the dial-up crew.)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0009.jpg

Phillip, it's a trick! She says she wants a dog now and that she'll take it when she moves but she's fibbing. She'll play with it until she moves out and then you'll have another dog. :D

You might be right!

I think your wife's sudden interest in your layout is a trick too. Remember, February 14 is only 11 days away. You just can't trust these women. :eek:

Who said I trusted them? :rolleyes:

Sounds like the Chili cookoff should be fun - I'll take the Tums concession.

Aww, c'mon....MAN UP! Don't be a pansy! ;)

Phillip, your cat looks like she plotting something. They are like women, always up to something and you don't know what it is until they pounce. :)

That was kind of a strange look on her face. My daughter took the pic. Maybe they were planning something togther?!? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning All

Yes it's been a long time but with all the decorating I kept walking past the place because I didn't recognize it... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Nice Pics on the wall Steve!

I Guess this one is on me. Yes Ray you can have the Pecan pie ala mode on my tab. Some things never change.

Fergie

02-04-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Woohoo I'm the first one in after Bill's wake up post! :D

Morning everyone...

Philip, congrats!!! I vote it be the newest breakfast item here at the Coffee Shop...mmmmm, breakfast chili...

Mark

Good morning folks

It is 36 F with a misty rain. It is supposed to go up to 46 F with more rain. Then it is supposed to get milder and we could have temperatures in the 50’s. It is project drop-off day at school and since my son has one and is still getting over the virus he had I am dropping him off this morning and will be a little late getting to work. My wife has to be at her job early this morning so I am the school bus today.

We had a great Pinewood Derby on Saturday. On Sunday my daughter had her basketball game which was a disaster. She has a couple of bad coaches and I think I need to get her moved off the team. I have had past experience with them in other sports and my daughter is not allowed to play for them in softball. One of them messed up her swing and it took us two years to correct it. Also during the game they told the girls that if they did not get called for two fouls they were not being aggressive enough. Of course this meant that the game turned into a shoving match. I can take a lot of things but poor sportsmanship is where I draw the line. Her team lost 34 to 10. Later in the afternoon we visited my wife’s museum to see their new exhibit.

I finished weathering the decks on the Athearn blue box TOFCs. I also began weathering the wheels on two Athearn RTR TOFCs, a 40’ flat car with crates, and a 60’ with two trucks, and a Bachmann Silver Series flat car.

Speaking of furballs here are a couple. This is Noel. She is 14 and loves to get on my lap while I am trying to type.
August2007%20020.jpg

This is Pusseidon. He is 3 and still a kitten in his mind. He loves to play and climb. He also lacks grace and tends to bulldoze his way through the house. He terrorizes our Pomeranians which he is as big as. He also is a the great leaf killer and is shown with his latest kill.
November2007001a.jpg

I hope everybody has a good day.

My wife had to put another one of our cats, Meeka, to sleep this past week. The cat had a growth on its side that ruptured and she bled all over our bedroom. What a mess that was. $400 later the cat was back home and seemed to be doing well. She stopped eating and drinking and started to really look bad. Back to the Vet and she was severely dehydrated. The Vet said they could pump fluids into her and that might last a couple of days to a couple weeks and Glendia said no she had suffered enough. Our big ole 17lb tom cat Punkie was put to sleep 2 1/2 yrs ago. He was a diabetic getting 12 units of Insulin twice a day. I can not truly say I miss them but I know my wife does. Meeka would meet her at the door whenever we came home and sat on Glendia's lap whenever she sat in the recliner. Meeka was 19 years old but we still have one more cat, a calico, Codie who will be 21 this spring. When she is gone no more pets. We have finally found something we totally agree on after 36 years of wedded bliss.

Good Morning from Western New York ! Another winter's day overcast and damp. Steve looks like quite a cook-off on the beach . Phillip congratulations on yhe chilli win . Hope all have a good day !!

Larry: Yeah, when they stop eating and drinking that pretty much spells the end. That has spelled the end for more of our cats than anything else. Usually due to kidney failure.

In my case though, I miss every one of them. Not that we've had many cats, just that has always been a huge part of our lives. We don't have kids, don't want any for that matter - the kitties are our kids. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Mark

Mornin' Fergie! Good to see you back! I thought maybe your crew had mutinied and left you adrift without a computer or something like that. Hope everything has been going well for you. Oh, and the pecan pie and coffee was great for breakfast!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Mark!

Mornin Tom! I think Pussiedon rules the roost, he has that I'm the boss look...... I know what you mean about some types of coaches. Several times as they were growing up my sons were not allowed to join teams that many of their friends played on because my wife and I didn't want them around the coaches that had some questionable abilities and ethics. Glad the Pinewood derby went well. They are a lot of fun.

Mornin' Larry! Always sad to lose a pet, but when they are in pain and there isn't much hope for a recovery, it certainly is best to help them be in peace. I keep hoping that old Sheila will die in her sleep when the time comes and go without a lot of pain. The "Boys" will probably outlive me.....

Mornin Paul! Yep overcast and damp is a nice way to put it. Were getting a few little white things that keep falling out of the sky now and then. Four or five flakes and it stops, but dark and gray.

Have a good day everyone.

Edit: Mornin' Mark! you snuck in while I was typing. Well, actually untyping some stuff that old Sheila typed trying to "help" me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all

Good to see you Fergie

Chili is nice but chicken tikka massala for breakfast is fantastic ;)

have a safe day

Good afternoon.

Very cloudy here today and 72 degrees.

Rest Of Today High: 78 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 15 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

This is Gabby, she just likes to eat, get into everything and complain.
Click-->
th_Gabby-1a.png

She's our pet though and spoiled rotten :D

Cheers Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back