Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
since were on a pet theme this is daisy our bunny
10-08-07022-5.jpg

Good morning folks

It was a foggy 43 F as I headed out this morning. We are supposed to get to 59 F! Of course when it is mild it rains. I didn’t head off to work right away. Since my wife is sick with the bug that has been going around I had to take my daughter and her friends to school for their intramural rock climbing.

No modeling last night. I had to some scout stuff. I needed to update our roster and other paperwork as it is time to re-charter.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning Bill & Tom . It's foggy and damp here in Buffalo . We already hit our high for today which was 45 . It's all down hill today to 32 with plenty of rain for the swollen waterways. Hope everyone has a super day ! Bill very nice looking cats you have there BTW and Steve the Bunny is quite a looker also !!

Well, I better show my fat cat George. His sister is a little more shy, so I don't have any pictures on my computer of her. The second picture shows his true colors!

railroad04-05-07016.png

BasementPictures011.png

Morning all!

Kitty's and puppies and bunnies, OH MY!

The wife hurt her leg yesterday slipping on ice. It's not bad, just sore. I decided to stay home today so I can take care of her and she can really relax it.

And now.......

Because inquiring minds want to know!

The crown of the chili cookoff champion!

IMG_0001.png

And here is the king and his crown!

IMG_0008.png

Go ahead, have your fun! You don't even need photoshop to make this look funny!

Next year, you too could be the proud bearer of this prestigious award! Thats right friends and neighbors, at the end of the year I pass my crown to the new king (or queen)! Stop by the church on Super Bowl Sunday with your best chili and this crown could be all yours!

Later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill! See you have an infestation of felines as well at your place. Cute kitties I might add.

Mornin'; Tom! Ahhhh recharter time. Hope you can get ScoutNet to work for you. Just got done helping my two units get everything done before midnight on the 31st of January. You have to use internet exploder to use the site. They say IE 5.5 or better (that to me means almost anything but IE....) The guy rechartering the Troop is another Mac user like me (scientist at the NYS Experiment Station in Geneva) and had to dig out his old copy of IE 5.2.3 which is the last one done for Mac. It did work though he left the a nasty reply about using exclusive proprietary software to write the program..... The other unit had their Asst. Cubmaster do the fun and games. he works at home in an online business. The site wouldn't let him log on. Called the Scout office the next day and gets, it lets me go in with no problem, I don't know what the problem is. She suggests that he come down to the office and do it there. They never seem to realize that most Scouters still have something called jobs, and have to do the 4 letter thing called WORK. Anyway they finally went to someone else's house on the 31st of January and managed to complete the registration around 10PM at night. Got it in to the Scout Office the next day. Have fun... I know it will be!

Mornin' Corey! Love that second photo.

Morni' Philip! The Church of Super Bowl Sunday? Must be a new denomination..... Do you dance too? Bet that chili was super!

I didn't mean to start something around here with the pet photos, but it seems many of us harbor the little sweet things. They are such good friends to have around (when they are being good) and can be so loving. Here is one of my other kitty "Blackie". Notice the tongue.

Blackie01w.png

He was my Dad's favorite and the one I originally said I would take before my Dad died. I think it was because Blackie would sit and stick out his tongue. Blackie is all whiskers. I have a 7 inch long whisker that he lost one day. Took me almost 2 years to get that shot....... He and Manet are litter mates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/5/2008

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph NNE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect until 6 PM cst this afternoon.

Rest Of Today Mostly cloudy and becoming breezy. Isolated showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to around 20 mph and gusty.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Much colder. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Lows around 40. South winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west after midnight.

Afternoon all

The nice people at SKY TV gave me a thank you on saturday for being a loyal customer, all sport and movie channels free for a month,,, today i get a letter showing my new monthy bill, WHAT, it's treble what i pay now,,, so i cancled the entire thing, ha ha ha,

Afternoon, everyone.

Looks like model railroaders have lots of cats! Steve, that bunny sure is cute.

Phillip, congratulations on winning the chili cook off. That sombrero is just you. :)

Corey, I had to look hard to see that second cat. I guess she is kind of shy.

Tom, too bad about a coach teaching such poor sportsmanship to a team of young girls. Learning how to play and play fair used to be one of the reasons to get kids in sports. Now it's all about winning. :(

Steve, Charter Cable pulls that kind of stuff all the time. Get a month of free stuff and then we'll double your bill. What is the news of the ship on the beach? There's not much coverage of it over here.

Ray, I used to be an adviser to our search ad rescue Explorer post and the increasing amount of hoops the Boy Scouts made me jump through was really irritating. Some of it seemed to be just to keep the people at the district office busy. :(

Jeffrey, looks like we have a chance of severe storm here too although the front is slowing down, so that's a good thing. It doesn't look like it will get here until at least midnight so we won't have the heat of the day to add to the instability. It's another warm and muggy day so the all the ingredients are sure there.

I have done nothing to to the layout in the past few days except paste one sign on the side of one building. I'm sure I was doing something else important but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. :)

Jim the ship tipped over today even more, she's almost on her side now and open to the sea, some semi trailers fell off today onto the sand, now the big issue is pollution and how to remove ton's of fuel oil

Jim the ship tipped over today even more, she's almost on her side now and open to the sea, some semi trailers fell off today onto the sand, now the big issue is pollution and how to remove ton's of fuel oil

I was afraid of that. The usual salvage method would be to bring in some suction dredges, make a deep artificial channel, get some of those giant ballons under her, and then try to right her. If they can do that, and she's still seaworthy, tugs can drag her back in deeper waters. If she's on her side, it's almst impossible to right her and I'd bet that she'd sink immediately in deeper water. I suspect they will have to dismantle her piece by piece, which will be a long and costly job. What a mess. :(

Mornin'; Tom! Ahhhh recharter time. Hope you can get ScoutNet to work for you. Just got done helping my two units get everything done before midnight on the 31st of January. You have to use internet exploder to use the site. They say IE 5.5 or better (that to me means almost anything but IE....) The guy rechartering the Troop is another Mac user like me (scientist at the NYS Experiment Station in Geneva) and had to dig out his old copy of IE 5.2.3 which is the last one done for Mac. It did work though he left the a nasty reply about using exclusive proprietary software to write the program..... The other unit had their Asst. Cubmaster do the fun and games. he works at home in an online business. The site wouldn't let him log on. Called the Scout office the next day and gets, it lets me go in with no problem, I don't know what the problem is. She suggests that he come down to the office and do it there. They never seem to realize that most Scouters still have something called jobs, and have to do the 4 letter thing called WORK. Anyway they finally went to someone else's house on the 31st of January and managed to complete the registration around 10PM at night. Got it in to the Scout Office the next day. Have fun... I know it will be!

I had no problems with the on-line site and doing the charter that way. My problem now is tracking down the people who have to sign it and getting all the adult applications submitted.

I am also using the Internet Advancement to record our scouts’ progress.

One problem I am encountering is the previous Assistant Cubmaster who was supposed to take care of this stuff last did nothing but complain. She totally screwed up the charter and we paid for scouts who went to Boy Scouts two years ago. She kept trying to convince me that we had close to 50 scouts last year but I never saw that many. Also if we had 50 that meant we would have crossed over 20 boys but according to the Scoutmaster we only crossed over 9. She also fouled up the advancement records. Half the boys never got credit for their awards and many got the wrong credits. She used to drive me crazy because all she would do is complain about how scouting was burning her out and how I was going to run out of money because I was giving out awards every month. Of course I found so much junk in the closet that she spent money on that we had to throw out because it was useless and don’t mention the camping trip she paid for three times. I was never so happy when she resigned. Of course her last meeting was the Holiday Party where her two sons, one who was a scout last year and the other who quit this year, showed up and got a free meal on the pack. Since she has left the pack feels rejuvenated. It is funny how one complaining, unmotivated, and miserable person can affect a group.

Josh, that dock is so long because, if an ammo ship explodes, she'll be far enough away not to cause major damage on land. The folks in that area are understandably nervous after the gigantic Black Tom explosion in Jersey City in 1916.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back