Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

It's 59 here, expecting a high of 67 with many thunderstorms. I think I'll stay indoors today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/16/2008

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 2.35"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 31mph ESE

Now through 11:15 AM CST February 16, 2008

Through 11 AM...light showers will continue to develop and move northeast at 30 mph along and north of a Beaumont...Lake Charles... Ville Platte...and Marksville line. Rainfall amounts will be less than 1/4 inch an hour.

Rest Of Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Thunderstorms and rain showers in the evening...then chance of thunderstorms and rain showers after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe with heavy rainfall and damaging winds...then some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall and damaging winds after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw a repeat on the History Channel about the Buffalo, N.Y. blizzard of '77. That thing was horrible...even had a wind chill of -55 degrees.:eek:

FYI: A real good OC medicine we found that helps with comfort during the flu is "Tylenol Sinus/Congestion/Pain". It sure works on nasal, sinus, and chest congestion.

It always cracked me up across the street when a self-proclaimed expert is asked to show a photo of his work; "Err, uhh, er, uh,...my camera is broke.", "I will just as soon as ...." :rolleyes: :D GADS! There are so many over there that only have the expertise of finding the book page that has the information on it. Don't get me wrong, there are some expert modelers over there; you can easily recognize them... they are the ones that are always, patient, understanding, and helpful (and they don't worry about someones grammar:mad: ).

Rex That blizzard I drove to work it took me an hour to get there had to walk the last 1/2 mile in because my car could go no further . It normaly took me 15 minutes. When I got there I worked a double was off and slept there on a bench worked another double and then they had to shut the plant down . No oil trucks could get in from the terminal. Well I left home on a friday and the roads were cleared on tuesday and that is when I made it home. I have pics of it will have to find them and post them on the weekend forum .

I just saw a repeat on the History Channel about the Buffalo, N.Y. blizzard of '77. That thing was horrible...even had a wind chill of -55 degrees.:eek:

I remember that one! I was teaching in the Southern Tier of NY back then and even though we didn't get nearly as much as Western NY, everything was closed for days. A couple of years later my family moved to Oakfield, NY and I taught in Elba. On Rt. 63 between Batavia and Oakfield there was a sign tacked to the top of a 30' electric pole that said snow level 1977.

It always cracked me up across the street when a self-proclaimed expert was asked to show a photo of his work; "Err, uhh, er, uh,...my camera is broke.", "I will just as soon as ...." :rolleyes: :D GADS! There are so many over there that their only expertise is finding the book page that has the information on it. Don't get me wrong, there are some expert modelers over there; you can easily recognize them... they are the ones that are always, patient, kind, understanding, and helpful (and they don't worry about someones grammar:mad: ).

I find most of the best from over there are also here on this forum. When some of the self-proclaimed "experts" do post, it seems that what I see is good average work, but certainly not on the level of the masters.

nice day up Winter hill today

10-08-07090.jpg

I could see your house from up on't hill :) bit on the chilly side though
th_10-08-07109-1.jpg

Morning, Bill Phillip, and Steve.

Steve, that is one honking big antenna. What's it being used for? How are they doing with the ship?

Ray, they have a thread acroos the street called Weekend Photo FORUM, started by one of the chief instigators, inviting people to post pictures that can and will be torn to shreds. As an example of his fine work, he posted a pic of a covered hopper he "weathered" along with the prototype. Not only doens't the model look anything like the prototype but the model looks like it was done by a five year old. Worst weathering job I've ever seen. It was all I could do to keep my fingers away from the keyboard. :)

Warm this morning at 61 degrees and we are under a tornado watch. Pretty impressive storm system coming from the west but I'm hoping it will pass thorugh here about noon as just a broken squall line. Our dew point is steadily rising though, which is a cause of some concern for rotating storm development. We'll see how it goes.

Winter hill is the highest part of the region so back in the days of B&W TV they had to erect a transmission tower for the BBC, today it's got all manner of satellite equipment stuck on it as well as mobile phone transmitters, i recon if you were dangled from the top you would be cooked by microwaves :)

I can recomend reading this free on line book which tell's you everything about the hill's past and covers allsorts of interesting stuffWinter hill Scrapbook

Hey, hey, hey! A very hearty morning to everyone!

Hey Jim, have you checked the work by Trainman Ty in the regular thread over there....? Gee, I wonder who he could be poking fun at????? I can say this. None of those characters would ever be welcome at my Model Railroad! I hope they find their privilages locked. As ModelBob says over here, "Spotted and Swatted!"

Good Sunday Mornin ! Bill , Steve , Jim & Ray , well an unusualy warm day here on the Niagara Frontier, High of 44 with lots of overcast and rain to go with it. Steve that is one high Antenna , kind of reminds me of the CN tower in Toronto . They erected this tall tower just to stick a radio Antenna on top lol. Gotta get going so I just want to wish all a very nice day !!!!!

As you can imagine, you can see the antenna for miles, especially at night, when it has several red lights on it.
Ronzzr11

Morning everyone!

I'm actually doing some modeling this weekend, hard to believe LOL! Found a quick way to clean my airbrush on-the-go so I can partially disassemble it and clear the choke point. My current project is an old Athearn ACF 4-bay that I'm redoing into a Family Lines patch job.

Ray, I checked out the WPF thread across the street and, say what we will, TrainManTy's got followers! Yes indeedy, NewHaven I-5 did a plow just like Ty's (well, sorta) :D. Something to bear in mind though, these guys are quite young and they seem to be having quite a bit of fun in their own way...

Steve, those people standing close by in the photo had me fooled for a minute, made me think the antenna wasn't that tall compared to some of the ones we have here...then I saw the power transmission towers in it's shadow - now I understand! BTW how's that ship recovery coming along?

Good morning folks

We just got in from the Cub Scout Sleepover at the Delaware Museum of Natural History. It was fun night. The program we did involved birds. The kids made bird feeders and each group worked on one or two achievements. With the exception of two boys everyone went to sleep pretty fast. No one got in trouble and nothing got broke. We stopped off and grabbed breakfast on the way home. The kids each have basketball games but I not sure if they are going to make them.

It was 32 F when we left the museum. High today is supposed to be 45 F with rain.

I hope everybody has a good day.

We had many bad thunderstorms last night with between 4 and 6 inches of rain accompanied by high winds and gusts in excess of 70 mph. Many Valley Electric costumers lost power from approximately 11:00 pm to around 4:30 am. A flood warning has been issued for Bayou Anacoco near Rosepine until Tuesday morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/17/2008

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.14"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 40 Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows around 40. North winds around 10 mph.

Good morning folks. Add another six inches of snow today. I know this is nothing like lake effect snow, but it's getting old. I think we're over sixty inches of snow for the year so far!

You can see the great divide across the street. You either have crusty, middle aged men pointing out each other's faults, or over enthusiastic kids that 'just want to have fun'. I notice there are quite a few regulars who aren't posting over there very often. Oh well, it will reset soon enough.

Though cheering for Hendrick Motor sports feels like cheering for the Yankees, GO DALE!

Afternoon all,
Hope to go and see the boat this week while i'm off work, hopefully.

Because of the hilly nature of northwest england it had to be tall but even this mast has it's limits, BTW there is a spiral stairwell right to the top, takes around two hours to climb up it though to change any aircraft warning light bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back