Coffee shop part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhoward: If you document your "leak", in most cases the water company will credit your bill the difference (they use the monthly average) worth checking in to. when i was in construction, we were called to a vacant 50K SF warehouse that had sat for a YEAR with a busted 1" water line (only way they knew was the huge water bills for a vacant ware house, but the guys secrtary kept paying them as she didnt know) we got there in the dead of winter. it had at least 4" of ice on the floor and the whole wall was like a frozen water fall!! (the water line was in the ceiling 16 feet high) anyway, the city forgave all the water bills.
hope this helps
ryan

How many of us never finish what we start? I know that I'm guilty as much as anyone else here.

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr. Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished."

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before the morning was over I finished off a bottle of Absolut Vodka, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now. Pass this on to those whom you think might be in need of inner peace. :D

Speaking of feeling good, or at least better, got an E-mail from Rexhea today. Although he still is sick he is beginng to get over the crud that has had him down. Maybe between the two of us, we can come up with a decent post. heh heh heh!

Last edited by a moderator:
So tell me CJ,after you "finished" all that,did a bottle of Mylanta,or Mallox,or even Tums,follow?:rolleyes: . But seriously,after finishing all of that, I'd be finished. William.

02-14-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Good morning folks

I started out the morning with frozen doors on the van. It took some good tugs before I could get them open. It was 26 F as I headed on the highways. High will be 44 F.

I didn’t get any modeling done last night. We had Cub Scouts. I went over knife safety with some of the scouts and we had 6 boys earn their Whittling Chips.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning all!

Not much going on here....just getting ready for work.

Check this out. My wife wants one of those chair lift things that go up the stairs, and she qualifies for social security to pay for it. Thats all well and good, because she does have trouble with stairs even when she isn't in her wheelchair or on crutches. But get this......Uncle Sam will pay for the lift (and they aren't cheap!), but only if we have a maid service that we pick and Uncle Sam pays for to come in two times a week to clean the house. Now mind you, we run a pretty tight ship. The house is clean. My kids and I work hard at that, and the wife does what she can as well. I appreciate the offer and all, but we don't need the maid. We told the folks at SS that and they told us that if we wanted the lift they had to pay for a maid service. So if you ever wondered where your hard earned tax dollars are going to, just know that two days a week those dollars are going towards paying a maid to sit on her butt and do virtually nothing for several hours.

Oh well, off to work!

Good Morning Bill, Tom & Phillip ! Just another winter's day here . Glad to hear all isn't to bad with everyone. rex hope you feel better soon . Steve can't wait to see pics of that ship afloat .Ray glad you got your water leak fixed. I have friends up in Massena . They where away for winter and their kids where watching thier house. Well they never went down into their bedroom which wa on the ground floor. When the son finally checked the bedroom there was about eight feet of solid ice in the corner of the bedroom into the family room . A pipe burst in the outside wall. To make a long story short . It cost 35 grand to fix it up . And the city forgave the water bill. Phillip SS is something else . I get a pair of shoes from them each year . I'm diabetic so it is covered . Cost $300.00 for these babies and thier comfortable but not worth the price of these Air Jordan's . Enough long winded stuff so coffee time and let my fingers rest. hope all have a nice day !

Good morning.

It's 34 degrees here and partly cloudy. Expecting a high of 66 today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 2/14/2008-6114

Wind Chill: 31°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Today High: 65 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Increasing clouds. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Here's a couple of shots to give you idea what my layout looks like at night.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Philip!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Hopefully today sandwiched in around all the must get dones, I hope to finish the wood stave silo I have been assembling for the barn. I'll have some quick snapshots for the weekend thread tomorrow or Saturday.

It's going to get all the way up to 30°F today. Gotta go dig out my shorts I guess. Time to get some sun! "We're havin" a heatwave, Tropical heatwave..."

Good Morning All, busy morning had to go check on a neighbor's basement she thought it was flooding, and the water would ruin the furnace. (84 years old war bride). There wasn't any problem so I'm back home.
Sheesh! I guess the storm is finished, rained all night, took away a lot of the snow, 15 storm of the season and the 16th is on the way for Monday. Been a tiresome Winter.
Ah! well I'll have a plate of
breakfast.png
with a cuppa
pubimage.gif
ter wash er down.
So y'all have a great day an keep on posting :D

Cheers Willis

Morning, everyone.

Phillip, that's bizarre that SS would link the need for maid service to a stair lift. It's hard to see what one has to do with the other. Out taxes at work, I guess. :(

Tom, it was colder here than up in PA today, with a low of 23 this morning. You guys up north can have this back any time you want it. :)

CJ, hope you're feeling stonger. The precip never did turn to snow here and was over by 10:00. Looks like Sunday might bring another round to folks a little further north in Alabama. I liked your prescription of inner peace - I may try that one of these days. :D Tell Rex we're thinking of him when you hear from him again.

Willis, first snow and then rain. I remember that drill well. We had a basement that used to flood and me and my younger brother were always the ones stuck with putting everything up on shelves before a storm. The basement always smelled bad because of all the mood and mildew. It would probably be classified as hazardous waste dump now. I'm lucky that I've got a dry basement, at least so far.

The flu is abating here, with my oldest stepdaughter now able to get around and not cough 24 hours a day. So far, #2 daughter, me and the wife haven't come down with it so maybe the Tamiflu does help. My wife usually gets every disease that passes through town. It was danged cold here last night but it should make it back up into the 50's today and then warm up for the weekend as we wait and see if we have some severe storms ad some wintry precipitation on Sunday.

Afternoon all
Carey sounds like you had fun finishing off those bits round the house.
Rex get well soon sir, there's a nice cool milkshake ready for ya
Philip it amazes me how many hoops you have to jump through to qualify for things like a stairlift, the wifes nan is the same, she can have help getting up but they have to come back twice a day, she won't have them back once she's up,,, so they can't come at all, bizzare
Willis Thats a good outcome with the old lady, glad it didn't floood

Afternoon brothaaaas!

Ahh, car problems. Don't you love it when the wife has car problems? I get the call: "Hon, the car won't start. What's wrong with it?" It's like asking a doctor: "I don't feel well. What specifically is wrong with me?" Grrr... :)

Mark

Hi fellows! Thought I would check in and show that I was still kicking. I believe this danged flu/virus/bug thing is finally leaving me and searching for someone else (lookout!:eek: ). My head is not as stuffy and my cough is not as bad, so now to be able to taste food again....please.

Keep up the good posts.:)

Rex, good to see you're at least upright again. Seems like this version of the flu really knocks people for a loop.

Howdy, Steve, how are they coming with the ship? Is the weather still in their favor?

LOL, Mark. That why I have AAA. I tell her to call them and get it towed to someone who knows what they're doing before I get there and make it worse. :)

Thankfully I can often times actually make it "better", but when it is -20C outside my enthusiasm for DIY repair goes down somewhat. And the nearest dealership for these cars is 1.5 hours away so parts becomes a serious problem.

The flu has been going around up here to (as everywhere). I believe the extra crappy weather certainly contributes to it as well.

I was talking to a friend at a fellow LEA in Indiana, he was regailing his stories of 2 inches of snow closing the schools earlier this week. Man, up here in "the snowbelt", the only time the schools closed down this year was when 45cm fell (about 20"). It is so amazing how we can be that small a distance away from each other and have such different weather (and different consequences due to it).

Mark

Good morning.

It's 56 degrees here this morning. We're expecting a high of 63 and a touch of rain this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/15/2008

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 53°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ESE

Now through 10:00 AM CST February 15, 2008

Through 10 AM...patches of light rain and drizzle will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of southeast Texas...southwest and west central Louisiana. Rainfall amounts are only expected to range from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 58 Cloudy with chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back