Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Good Morning Bill ! And hello from Buffalo , A bit of snow removal before breakfast so cup of coffee and out the door. Have a nice day all !!!

Good morning folks

We are at 39 F right now expecting a high of 46 F. It is raining and has rained hard over night. The van is no longer under a layer of ice but the sidewalks and driveways are still ice covered. It makes walking difficult. When I went to bed last night everything was covered in a ¼” to ½” layer of ice. The kids have a two hour delayed opening so I am going into work late. With the icy sidewalks and rain walking would not be fun for them.

I finished weathering the trucks on the last of the flat cars. I also weathered 12 trailers for the TOFCs.

Tom;

most of y'all up there know how to drive in it.

I wish. Most of them don’t know how to drive on dry pavement. Last night’s evening rush was a zoo. All the major bridges across the Delaware and the I-95 bridge across the Schuylkill were closed for hours due to accidents. At one point every interstate and expressway was closed at some point due to accidents. Since I was hit by a moron trying to get up hill in a snow storm a few years ago I generally leave work early before the roads get bad. Once the snow starts falling my normal 45 minute commute can and has turned into a three hour nightmare.

Congratulations Paul!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Not just Epson. Most all ink jet printers yellow doesn't work well for decals. They seem very opaque and show the color under it. I have the same problem with my HP and Canon printers. Even my Samsung laser printer won't make yellow worth a durn......
Kinda figured. I'll just send off a request to a custom decal maker for decals for my dad.

Good morning.

It's 31 degrees here under clear skies. Expecting a high of 58.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 2/13/2008

Wind Chill: 27°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 28°F

So Far Today
High: 39°F
Low: 29°F
Rain: N/A"
Rain Rate: N/A"/h
Gust: 17mph NNW

Today High: 58 Sunny...cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph after midnight.

Here's a night shot for you.

235.jpg

Hello, is anyone there? I need some gas!

Hey guys!

Haven't been in for a bit with work and the SNOW! Cripes, it's getting a little out of hand here. The ol' snowblower is starting to show its age too with a few minor breakdowns here and there...

I missed some of the convo regarding printing - are you guys talking about printing decals? If so, has anyone tried a colour laser printer? I may have access to one soon and would be interested in how it deals with making good opaque lettering. (If you guys covered that, my apologies.)

Mark

Mornin' everyone! Or Afternoon should I say.

I woke up this morning to find that the water pressure was down a bit. Not bad but just a bit less than normal. A few minutes ago I went down celler and found out why. Water on the floor....... My first thought was that the water heater went. Nope. Then I found out what I forgot to turn off and drain last fall. Pipe to the faucet in back of the house was burst. Water spraying all over the back entry. Luckily my sump was working and the damage isn't too bad. Only problem is the shut off won't completely shut down and the drain is still dripping. So this afternoon I will call the plumber. I don't think I want to tackle it myself anymore. I am very glad I decided to do some layout work today though..........

Hey Mark, I have a Samsung Color Laser printer that while a bit better than the inkjets still doesn't do a great job with yellow. For some reason the yellow seems to be very opaque.

A Good Afternoon to all . Another nasty day and going to get nastier. Been snowing since 9AM temp was 21F then but it's climbing now (28F) so we'll soon be getting some of Tom's rain. Hell of a mess that'll be, so guess I'd better get the blower out to lessen the impact when it freezes again. Has to be the worst winter ever, just doesn't let up. Only good point in it all is the water tables will be replenished, and that's the only big plus. Well I'll just have a mug of
pubimage.gif
and be on my way
Cheers to y'all and have a great day
Willis

Howdy once again....

Good news for me. Just went down cellar and the dripping has stopped so i guess the pipe wasn't drained. I can save some money on the plumber and will fix it myself in the spring. Whew! Most of the water has drained and the sump has slowed down. Can't wait to get my next water bill though......... Just glad it wasn't the hot water heater, that will probably go next.

G'afternoon Ray and Willis!

Man, luck was on your side Ray. This happened once to a friend of mine - it didn't go quite as well. Do you have a "hydrant" style tap?

Mark

G'afternoon Ray and Willis!

Man, luck was on your side Ray. This happened once to a friend of mine - it didn't go quite as well. Do you have a "hydrant" style tap?

Mark

Nope. it is just a water faucet on the side of the house. it is routed through the closed outside basement steps and the pipe in there split. It has a shut off and drain inside the house. Won't be a terrible job to fix in the spring. Serves me right for not draining it as I should have and usually do last fall.

Jim the ship,,, they are halfway through sucking out 125 tons of fuel, later this week they are going to pump the boats ballast tanks full of water to aid leveling it up, then pump loads more in to ensure it stays flat on it's keel, then next week there is a very high spring tide, they will then pump out the water and re float it, thats the plan anyway

Good morning folks

I wish. Most of them don’t know how to drive on dry pavement. Last night’s evening rush was a zoo. All the major bridges across the Delaware and the I-95 bridge across the Schuylkill were closed for hours due to accidents.

Dawg! And here I was just thinking about how some yankees laugh at us when we do have the occasional winter event here in the South!

Dawg! And here I was just thinking about how some yankees laugh at us when we do have the occasional winter event here in the South!

There was a 36 car pileup on 390 in Rochester NY a couple of days ago. A white out made it so you could only see a few feet in front of your car. You were in the midst of it before you could do anything. Two people were killed and most of the cars had to be towed from the scene. Oh yes, it gets bad up here at times.

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=58205&rnews_story_type=18&category=10

Afternoon, everyone.

Paul, that's wonderful news that baby Lara is coming home. Isn't it amazing what modern medicine and the help of the Lord can do?

CJ, the models have been all messed up about predicting snow down here. We did get about an inch in that storm about two weeks ago and it was certainly a close call this morning. We had a low of 32 with .08 inches of precipitation but the upper atmosphere wasn't cold enough to keep it frozen to the surface. Had a nice storm last night with no real severe weather but almost an inch of rain and a good light show for a while. I hope you're starting to get your strength back.

Tom, I used to hate it in Cleveland when we'd get that thin layer of ice under the snow. You never knew where the ice patches were and I was always landing on my butt. I was younger then so it didn't hurt so much but I wouldn't like it now. As far as drivers, you have to see how bad it it is in LA when it rains. I know it gets bad up your way when you get the ice or snow but folks out there have trouble driving when it's sunny and a little rain is a major disaster when it comes to traffic.

Paul, you aways sound so happy when you have to go to do snow removal. What's really in your coffee? :)

Hi, Luct, nice to see a new face.

Jeffrey, I've got that same gas station. It actually looks better if you paint the bricks rather than doing the usual brick and mortar look. I'll have to take a picture for you.

Mark, that's a bad sign when your snow blower is starting to break down. Maybe spring is just around the corner.

Willis, maybe you and Mark can swap snow blower maintenance tips. :D

Ray, I'm glad the water problem didn't turn out to be worse. since it normally doesn't get very cold down here, we don't drain any pipes for winter. There have been some times when it's gotten really cold (the record for today is -5) and I've read reports in some of the old newspapers how every pipe in town breaks. I wouldn't look forward to that.

Steve, sounds like they are working on a reasonable plan for that ship. As long as they can get her upright using ballast water and then lighten her up enough that she stay upright as the flood tide comes in, they've got a chance. I don't know if the ship will ever be worth anything more than scrap but at least they might be able to get her off the beach and into port.

Still waiting for my mobile homes to come off backorder so I can complete my trailer park. I don't know why it's been so long but there's only one company that makes mobile homes as a kit. I suppose I could try scratch building them and might do that if this takes much longer. I wonder if I can use Jos's paper bag techniques? :)

Afternoon, everyone.

CJ, the models have been all messed up about predicting snow down here. We did get about an inch in that storm about two weeks ago and it was certainly a close call this morning. We had a low of 32 with .08 inches of precipitation but the upper atmosphere wasn't cold enough to keep it frozen to the surface. Had a nice storm last night with no real severe weather but almost an inch of rain and a good light show for a while. I hope you're starting to get your strength back.

Jim;

IIRC the models were right once about snow here and no one believed them. That was the blizzard of '93.

Had a surprise when I woke up this AM. SNOW! Really just some light snow showers of flakes about the size of dandruff. We actually got more this morning than we got in the stoirm in Jan. Started about 5 and lasted until about 1 hour ago.

I'm feeling great for now, just not very strong. If I can sit, like now, or lie down, I do pretty good. Do something and get exhausted althogh not as bad as this past weekend.

Have been trying to get some unfinished models finished and start on some new ones. Ain't strong enough to work on layout yet, so thats about all I can do. Next week probably be able to do more. These infections always take my strength away for weeks after they clear up.

The problem with yellow also carries into the auto body business. When I worked at the body shop(part for almost 20 yrs) we always ordered an extra 1/2 pint to a quart according to what we were painting because there were alway thin spots in the paint. That is just the nature of yellow. Yellow auto paint is also more expensive than black or white but not as expensive as Red. When I was working at the Dupont auto paint store a gallon of red could run as high as $600. Regular straight black was started at $99 a gallon and could run up to $250 for black with a tint of red or a metallic added to it.

Jeffrey, I've got that same gas station. It actually looks better if you paint the bricks rather than doing the usual brick and mortar look. I'll have to take a picture for you.
I thought about that but didn't have the paint I wanted at the time. Afterwards I never got around to it. I did the mortar lines with the chalk nearly 20 years ago and it's stayed that way pretty much. This time I didn't even think about painting it until it was set into the plaster.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back