Coffee shop part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all after 2002 post guess its time to start a new one. Again welcome to all old and new alike come sit and have a chat great place to talk about whatever is on your mind be it trains or your job or your health you have a bent ear in here and we will give you a hello and comment back normally so order up and have a chat with us all

Hello, Mabel. Coffee shop looks a little different this afternoon.
Did you get some new curtains?
Glad to see the coffee pot is the same!
Just thought I would enjoy one last cup before heading back to work.
Think I like the new look!
Have a good rest of the day!

Hello everyone,

Boy will i be glad to get this week out the way, it's one i won't forget. thank you for the prayers, it does make a differance
Ken M glad your ex boss got sorted out in court, $15000 will hurt him, or will he just try to rip off more people to pay it back, stear clear of him Ken
Claudia that's a nice tropical looking place in the picture

Steve, we're blessed here on the So. California coast with an ideal location for tropical plants. The Husband is a plant hobbyist who loves to grow ferns, cycads, camellias, and orchids, among other things. It took a lot of "friendly persuasion" to get him to let me use part of our back yard for a small garden railway. :)

View attachment 3307

Claudia it does look great thou. You should concider your self lucky to have such a nice place to call home to your railroad.

Well all not much happening here tonight looks like I might be moving thou but probally not for about 3 to 6 months. have to do a few things first and need to find a new place and job if I do.

We have a place about 15 miles from here that you can rent tables to sell stuff on saturday and sunday you get 2 tables for the price of one on saturday (slower day for some reason ) and they rent for $10.00 a table on sunday. If nice I'm going to start taking things there on weekends to sell Boy do I have a lot to sell We want as little as posible when we move this time so I'm going to be taking a lot there to sell over the next few months when I'm not in the field farming for my present boss. LOL Its right on US 17 in Gloucester, VA. so it does get good traffic.

Hey, Hey, Hey! Like the new decor. I actually worked about 10 hours today. Not bad for an old retired guy. Unfortunately working meant sitting in my home office at the computer printing materials, burning and assembling CDs, and stuff like that. I do have a very happy customer who got his CDs a day ahead of schedule. Waiting for him to come over and pick up the order, I also got caught up on a whole lot of stuff I have been procrastinating on. So it was a productive day.

I did spend about an hour down in the shop trying out the new table saw. Ripped a few 1 x 4s to make some L girders for the benchwork. Worked pretty well and should be very adequate for my needs.

See ya tomorrow!

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

donuts.png

Diner.png

:eek:

#%^&**&^???!@!@!@%^%$#@ D-LINK!!!!! YUCK, I hate networks computers and broadband routers!! I'm trying to set up a wireless router so I can get internet in the trainroom, but my wireless broadband transmitter thingy (not a D-link wireless router) from my ISP has the D-link guy confused!!

It's a dial up broadband transmitter/ reciever It uses the dial up settings but has broadband speed? Oh now I'm confused too, I've emailed my ISP so I hope they can help.

Alot of guys say cleaning the track with metal polish does wonders, well mine was filthy!! I bought some Brasso metal cleaner and after a half dozen wipes the rag was still black, boy it sure makes a difference the loco's run much better.

I've had enough of computers for one day, I'm off.

Josh found the Win98 cd key!!

Ken.

Mornin' Bill!

Ken, ain't technology fun??????

Just a quick cup of coffee for me. Got a lot of stuff to get done before I can go play with the trains. Deacons meeting tonight and I have to get a pile of paperwork finished so I can get it out to the other deacons. See ya later!

Hello everyone! Nice to be here in the "newer" Coffee Shop. Need to lock the doors on the old one. I've been waiting all morning for a man to come by and give me an estimate for installing vinyl siding on the trimwork of my house. He just called and postponed until 2pm (naturally). Now, instead of screwing up my morning, I have the whole day screwed up. What the heck, I believe it will be a good time to put some kits together.

Hope all have a good'un!

RT- Hate to think about anyone going through the agony and torture of moving.
If you are going to eliminate "train stuff", have you thought about the "FOR SALE" section on this forum?
Of course, I'm a cheapskate :D, and only want to pay pennies on the dollar. However, I know there are certain things I am interested in and you may create more interest here than with the general public at a "flea market".

As always, consider the price you are paying for the advice you get here.
Mikey

G'mornin' everyone. Whoa! Are we expecting a big crowd at the donut shop this morning? Glad I got here before all the dark chocolate ones were gone! Thanks, Bill. :)

Today's mission is to find some tiny door hinges. Couldn't find them at either of the LHSs yesterday. I guess I'll have to go back to the stiff-wire-in-a-groove technique.

Last Word

Claudia- I couldn't help noticing who got the last word in before the old Coffee Shop thread was closed! :D lol!!
Thanks for closing it.

Rex, that's what I've looked for. They need to be not more than a half-inch long, and preferably without a strap or tee. Our local Michael's doesn't carry them any more, and our next nearest hobby shop is +20 miles from me --- not worth a special trip with gas approaching $3.60/gal here. :eek:

Mikey, that's what I do best --- just ask The Husband. :D

You know Claudia, I got off easy last time I filled it was still just about $3, This coming week though I'm gonna need gas!

Lady_Railfan said:
Rex, that's what I've looked for. They need to be not more than a half-inch long, and preferably without a strap or tee. Our local Michael's doesn't carry them any more, and our next nearest hobby shop is +20 miles from me --- not worth a special trip with gas approaching $3.60/gal here. :eek:

Claudia: This is not an immediate help for your hinge search, but this site has all you could ever want. http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_ViewCatLevel3.asp?Cat=1071&OrderID=

Thanks, Rex. You're right --- if they don't have them, they don't exist! I'm sure I can find what I need there.

Mikey
RT- Hate to think about anyone going through the agony and torture of moving.
If you are going to eliminate "train stuff", have you thought about the "FOR SALE" section on this forum?
Of course, I'm a cheapskate , and only want to pay pennies on the dollar. However, I know there are certain things I am interested in and you may create more interest here than with the general public at a "flea market".

My trains are Lionel and with a sign in front I hoping them to draw folks to the other stuff as I doubt they want to pay my price (even thou less than greenburgs quotes) as most would want for resale and they won't be anywhere near that . ie 6800 flat list for $75.00 - $165 Mine has repo plane $65.00 will acept $55.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back