Coffee shop part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, thought I would stop in and see the new coffee shop. I hope everybody has been doing well. Haven't been here in a while, trying to get some work done around the house. I was going to cut the grass today, but it rained :D so maybe tomorrow.
cj - Got your e-mail. I haven't forgot about you, I'll get back with you soon. Better go for now.

Take care, Stan.

My once and a while jabber in here... I think I found the source for my first two BNSF 6 axle slugs. Had a person email me from a Yahoo forum, asking if I wanted a used, older run Atlas SD24 for shipping only. He also offered another SD24 for $20. Thats 2 of three slugs, now I need an SD38/SD40 for the last slug, and three of the new run Athearn SD38's for the SD39 mates.

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

coffeepot_cups.png

Diner.png

donuts1.png

:eek:

Thanks for the donuts Bill but I am going to have to pass for the next few months on them. I think I have gained about 15 lbs since you started bringin them in. Boy they sure do look good. OH well a couple of donuts should not hurt much me thinks.

Mornin' Bill! Thanks for the doughnuts.

Can't stay long as the hay field (aka: lawn) around my house needs a goat or two let loose to keep the neighbors happy........ ;) :D

Hummh!

Bill - I have noticed you don't say much, but you have a great presentation!

Do you sell a Weight Watcher's program on the side?
And since I watching my weight (increase), I'll have one of the plain donuts with my coffee.:eek:

rtraincollector said:
Mikey I took your advise and put a few up for sale here in the forum
Rt- You may want to edit your "For Sale" post to add the scale.
Being Lionel, I assume it is "O" scale.
I purchased an HO scale War bonnet train set in the mid 70's for my girls to run around the Christmas tree. We used it about 3 years and moved. I didn't find it in the next 24 years through 4 more moves.
Found it in box a marked, "Baby clothes" just before my first grandson was born. (He turned 4 last week.)
Anyway, you are having some "lookers" and may be able to make some forum members happy with your train sales.
Mikey

Hi gang,

Just thought I'd stop in at the new CS and smell the paint while it's still fresh...

Been twiddling with scenery on the 'rural' section, other than that not much MRR. But I just found out a 6-pack of Walthers' CSX bethgons I special-ordered has arrived at my LHS so I'll be stopping there after work. Also need to find a way to modernize my Kentucky Fried Chicken eatery to a 'KFC' to fit my later modeling era.

RT - so you're still thinking about moving, after what you've just been thru?:eek: That's rough...

Rex - those in-home service people can ba a major PITA can't they! I remember not too long ago, my wife cancelled a number of activities she had planned for the day so somebody could be there when the HVAC guy showed up. They refused to commit to an approximate arrival time, only "Sometime between 10am and 5pm". Well guess what, at about 4:30pm she gets a call from the service manager saying the guy wouldn't be coming out after all and would have to reschedule!:mad:

Stan - good to see you're still interested in MRR even if you don't quite have the time to be fully active in it...

Time2go.....

Hello folk's,
Ken M i hate the new fangle fancy electronic stuff, if you can't fix it with a hammer it ain't worth having,,,
I had to see the doctor/consultant yesterday and he gave me some powerfull antibiotics and steroid tablets to sort out the infection in my sinus's, it's getting me down now, on the bright side a familly member is emigrating to australia and i think it's going to sway my wife nicky to apply to go to New Zealand were some of our friends have allready gone, fingers crossed.
Ken LHave a look at this four loco lash up in the UK hauling VERY heavy nuclear flask's, it's one of Don burgeses videos http://www.burgess57.freeserve.co.uk/6K73_GS.WMV,

Hi gang! Hope all is well with you. I just got back from having my physical after a 5 year delay. I got to thinking that at the age of 60 I need to start paying more attention to my health and see if I can make it for 40 more. I still have more tests to do over the next few weeks, but everything so far looks ok.

Is anyone having trouble placing smiles or using the text format keys? I get nothing when I click one. ???

Steve: NZ has got to be one of the most beautiful and interesting countries in the world. I am always glued to the TV when they have some kind of travelogue about it. My wife and I have talked many times about saving for a vacation to go there some day.

KenL: I understand your need to change to the KFC logo, but the chicken was better when it was Kentucky Fried Chicken. :)

Mikey: If you get the fruit flavored jelly filled donuts, the fruit flavoring cancels out the bad affects of the sugar and etc. making them good for you. (well...sounds good anyway!):) FYI: Always put nuts in Brownies. The same happens there with the nuts being good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by Mikey
Rt- You may want to edit your "For Sale" post to add the scale.
Being Lionel, I assume it is "O" scale.
I purchased an HO scale War bonnet train set in the mid 70's for my girls to run around the Christmas tree. We used it about 3 years and moved. I didn't find it in the next 24 years through 4 more moves.
Found it in box a marked, "Baby clothes" just before my first grandson was born. (He turned 4 last week.)
Anyway, you are having some "lookers" and may be able to make some forum members happy with your train sales.

Thanks did change it to read O/O27 and if you still have that warbonnet set and if in the original box you may have something there I sold a promo set in good conditon for $600.00 about 6 months ago or so.

original by KenL
RT - so you're still thinking about moving, after what you've just been thru? That's rough...

Well my boss is not getting any younger and I need to have ajob for the next 14 - 19 years (65 - 70) so I'm think at my age better switch now as it will get harder as I get older.

CSX_road_slug said:
Stan - good to see you're still interested in MRR even if you don't quite have the time to be fully active in it...

KenL - I'll always be interested in MRR, remember its The Worlds Greatest Hobby. :)
Steve B - Hope that sinus infection goes away soon. I always get one 2 or 3 times a year.
Rex - Glad to hear the physical is going well.

Take care. Stan.

Steve Where in NZ have your friends moved too?

Rex Happy to have you round for 40 more years:D , might even see you over here on holiday!!;)

Well I have a network:eek: But the win98 pc won't connect to the internet:mad:

My sister is moving into the flat http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/5542.asp Extra income for us and somewhere to stay for her. Not the same price as holiday makers but not too bad.

I know she'll want internet connected so the wireless is the way to go ( and I get it in the train room too!!)

Ken.

Man I'm impressed, the man from D-link Australia rang he ran me thru some settings on the wireless router and BAM it all works!!:eek:

So Internet in the train room, and the house and the laptop on the mower while drinking a beer with a camera on board so I can see and talk to you dudes on the other side of the world!!:D :D

Ken.

Good morning all!!
Great day in Birmingham today..... for ducks!
Claudia-:D :D :D ! The color of envy and happiness for your trip. How far up the Columbia River Gorge will you go? The gorge is rather windy in the spring so plan on a light jacket for going outside on stops.
Rex- I like your theory on the fruits and nuts being good for me!
Pizzas have veggies, meat and dairy products; and the beer I wash it down with is mostly water. I have a feeling my domestic harmony co-ordinater may have conflicting ideas.
RT- Alas, I packed the train set in the "baby clothes" box to make more compact storage. However, the HO Lionel set is in good condition, used VERY little during the last 20+ years while packed away.
Have a good weekend.

Mornin' Bill!

Say Bill, I see your'e from Indiana. That's a suburb of Chicago isn't it?

(Just had to say that! ;) ) I have a son in Chicago and a sister in South Bend.

Rex, I have always subscribed to the theory that things like desserts, pizza and beer are indeed good for you. Have you seen Bill Cosby's routine about feeding the kids chocolate cake for breakfast. Wheat, milk, eggs....... Nutrition!

Claudia, have a great trip!

Ken, the directions on anything to do with technology are always missing some important item. The people who write them have never set up and used the equipment so they have to guess at how it should be done. Even when you talk with techies completely trained on it, the instructions tend to be a bit vague....... I once spent 6 hours on the computer and on the phone to tech people literally all over the world ....... I started each conversation with what I was trying to do and what equipment I was using including that I use a G5 Mac 1.8Gh with 2 gigs of RAM, etc. After 6 hours I finally was connected to someone from my local ISP who after about 5 minutes said, "Oh! your using a Mac! Hang on I'll be right back....." A minute later she gave me an URL to download a free program that would make it work. Took me 2 minutes to have my website up after that..... The Mac directions at their site just said, "Compatable with the Mac". Glad youv'e got the wireless up and running. Be careful when you are mowing, drinking beer, and using the computer at the same time. Don't use your cell phone as that could be dangerous! :D

Will talk to you all later like sunday as I'm heading to PA to mother (she's in a nursing home has been now for 4 years she has alzhiemers so have to give her special attention shes slowly getting worst but it expected sometimes I would rather she would go on even thou I know it will really hurt me when it happens but I hate seeing her like this also .

You all have a good weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back