Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob,

I'm glad to hear that you have visited our thriving metropolis of Mankato! I saw that Katolight was bought out my that German company. There was a little shindig this fall introducing the new company to the employees.

Jim,

Slow and deliberate certainly describes my efforts!:D My last layout was a disaster as far as running trains. I was too worried about making it look pretty! This one runs like a dream so far.

Evenin' gents,

Been a real busy week for me [and unfortunately NOT with mrr-related stuff]. I figured I ought to at least check in.

Karl, glad to see you've decided to join us in the conversation instead of just lurking ;)

Steve - glad the flood damage wasn't too serious!

...I have to leave shortly for a special party in the train display area of the museum tonight. ... the children's mothers seem to get younger and younger! ;)

Now, Mikey - behave yourself! :D Model trains as a venue for meeting women - who woulda ever thunket!

Rex - wish I could join the gang at your place next weekend. At least I'll be hosting some of my own in the coming months.

Jim - looks like this will be as much a football weekend for you as it is for Rex and Chris. Roll Tide! Maybe you could setup the TV near your layout...?:rolleyes:

Corey - congrats on your layout's maiden run! How long did you watch it circling around, savoring the fruits of your labor?

Time to run, gotta find a set of decent track cleaning cars from somewhere, one for wet the other for drying up. C-ya!

Rex, we're hoping to give Hoover a good thumping while the Tide is down south wrestling those Gators. I'm hoping that we have a great outcome from both games but it almost seems like it would be too good to be true. We'll see what the Football Gods have in store for us.

Ken, I'll be 90 miles away from layout, up in Birmingham, freezing my butt off watching Prattville play for the state championship. The only hope is at least seeing highlights of the SEC Championship on the jumbo-tron during the game.

Corey, you can still make it look pretty but it will be even prettier without trains careening off the tracks into your nice scenery. :)

Speaking of freezing my butt off, it's already 33 here and going down to about 25. If we make it up to 50 tomorrow in Birmingham, we'll be lucky. All I can hope for is that the wind dies down and I'm only uncomfortable rather than near death. :eek:

12-06-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:(

Well another Work week has come and gone! It's the weekend I just got Two yards to mow then watch the GAME .....as soon as this rain passes though:mad: Off all the days to Rain!

Jim, Steve would be a good Agent of CRAP! we could us him to help the UK in to the CRAP Program! But do we have a use for forigen Freight cars?:D

Rex The 52"Plasma is warmed up! Where are ya with the beer!:D

Good morning.

It's 32 and clear. High is expected to be around 57 and it will be clear.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/6/2008

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 29°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 58 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010487.jpg

Wahey,,, it's got pretty cold outside now, put the Christmas lights up, got a Christmas tree and hacked it about to make it fit inside, sold to me from a Russian immigrant, you are very lucky if an Englishman serves you, the place is full of foreigners, i felt like the odd one out!!!, they were all gabbling on in Russian.

got TIGER 2 almost painted today

Good afternoon folks

It is 34 F right now with a high of 39 F. We are supposed to get some snow later tonight. It is only supposed to be less than an inch but it will cause panic and chaos.

Not much going on right now. I just picked-up my daughter from a sleep-over. She had a seventh grade dance last night and then went to a sleep over afterwards. We ran a few errands. One was mailing our Cub Scout’s Christmas cards that they made for the Red Cross’ Holiday Mail for Heroes program. The cards will be delivered to wounded soldiers and their families.

I am planning on heading out front to do leaves. Later we will be heading head out to get the Christmas tree. Maybe later I will get downstairs to the workbench and layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Steve, that's the spirit:)! I never get into the season's hype until the tree goes up;).
Even here in T-town, it sounds like a melting pot of language when you go to a mall. I'll bet that the US gov may re-think the relaxed immigration laws as manual labor becomes attractive to all the 350,000 workers laid off last month...then again, probably not.

Chris: I'm around the corner and heading your way. Get that guard dog mutt out of my chair unless he's wearing a Crimson and White collar. Just make sure you have the rescue squad standing by with a defib (for you, of course!). :D

Jim: THINK CLEVELAND in January! That'll warm you up. GO Prattville!

ROLL TIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, that's the spirit:)! I never get into the season's hype until the tree goes up;).
Even here in T-town, it sounds like a melting pot of language when you go to a mall. I'll bet that the US gov may re-think the relaxed immigration laws as manual labor becomes attractive to all the 350,000 workers laid off last month...then again, probably not.

Chris: I'm around the corner and heading your way. Get that guard dog mutt out of my chair unless he's wearing a Crimson and White collar. Just make sure you have the rescue squad standing by with a defib (for you, of course!). :D

Jim: THINK CLEVELAND in January! That'll warm you up. GO Prattville!

Go GATORS!

MANUAL LABOR:eek::eek::eek::eek: 90% of people no matter what race can't handle Manual Labor! That's why I mow grass:D

As for Jacob No one tells him what to wear! he's been running the house Naked!:eek: The crash cart is for both of us as for all the fatty foods I have!:p Hope you like spicey food:D:)

Evening This tree must have brought something into the house, the kids have gone supersonic for the last three hours, they will sleep tonight

TomI bet the vet's will really enjoy getting those home made cards, thats a great thing to do.

Gloat fest!

GO GATORS!

GO GATORS!

GO GATORS!

GO GATORS!

Final score 31 to 20!!!
:D:):p:D:):p:D:):p:D:):p:D:):p:D:):p:D:):p I told Ya They would WIN:D;)

Rex, Do you need the Defib? What a GAME!

I hope no Bama Boy's had bet's on that game!

Go(cough, cough, choke)Gators!

Though very sorry to have lost, that was a game worth watching. Few penalties, 1 turnover: what more could you ask from a Championship game played by real Champions. (Chris, I learned a long tme ago to never bet on an Alabama game, one way or the other;).

Welp! It's the Sugar Bowl for us and Utah. Where's that defib?:D

Chris- congratulations on the win. Bama lost, but it was still a great game. Alabama had a good year 12-0 (regular season) and we beat that "other" team. :) Bring on the bowl game. Roll....Tide....Roll

Stan.

I can't be the only GATOR fan here! Man I'm the lone voice in the wilderness calling out, "I Told ya they would win!" man I wish I had money on that game..........If I did they would have lost!LOL's

Rex, Jim left here with your Defib! he might drop it off to ya!

... Alabama had a good year 12-0 (regular season) and we beat that "other" team. :) Bring on the bowl game. Roll....Tide....Roll

Stan.
Yeah, no one thought we would get this far until another year or two. Just think, we only lose 9 seniors (plus maybe Andre Smith and Cody to Pro). WE WILL BE BACK!

STAN: Have you heard the score for the Hoover vs. Prattville HS game?

Just found out that Prattville beat Hoover 16-13 to win the 6A State HS Championship. That should make Jim a very happy camper.;):)

Ha! Stan I believe we posted near same time. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back