Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone.

Mark, that's one good thing about those old Fiero's. If you stuck your foot in it too much you blew up the engine. :) That and the Porsche 914 always seemed like engineering disasters to me. The concept of a mid-engine car never did make a lot of sense.

Jeffrey, hope things go well at the docks. From your videos, it looks like you've got some pretty long trains running. About 15 cars is it for me before the train starts chasing the caboose.

Tom, nothing like a properly cooked turkey to make Thanksgiving more enjoyable. :) I haven't even touched any Christmas decorations yet and I won't until the family starts yelling loud enough.

Phillip, that sounds like a great contest, Just get them to sign a waiver that they'll pay your medical bills for frostbite and black ice crashes first. :eek:

Steve, I suspect turning off the heat is another cost saving tool while telling the employees it's broken. I had a boss that used to do that with the air conditioner in mid-summer. It was only after he left that we found out he was telling the maintenance guys to turn it off and keep their mouths shut. :mad: That's nice that you made up such an everlasting tribute to Brian.

Pretty nippy here with a low of 36 and some howling winds. Less windy today but brisk at 52 right now. Looks like there was a little snow in far north Alabama but just windy and cold here. I'm putting up some new traffic lights on the layout but painting the signal heads yellow to cover the black it came with since yellow is the sort of standard color here. I forgot how many coats of yellow it takes to cover black. I think I'm on my sixth coat now and it still doesn't look quite right. I knew I should have started with primer, dang it!

I'm so sad....

WOW!!
To Whom it may concern-
Let a guy leave town for a few days without computer access and then I had to wade through about 10 pages of verbal abuse from BAMA fans!!
I left with the current flu/cold/yuckey feeling and then my recovery relapsed in about 4 hours Saturday afternoon. I watched the "COW COLLEGE" team put themselves out of any further playing misery for this year.

Actually, the tee shirt vendors' economic recovery plan was for AUBURN to lose the game so they could sell a few tee shirts in 2009. After six years, all the Auburn fans had several shirts. :D
It was our patriotic duty!:)
It was all Obama's fault for mandating, "CHANGE".:cool:

Give me a little while longer and I'll come up with the real excuse, the team just is not very good playing football. :eek: :eek: :eek: I hope the Bama team goes all the way with a National Championship. (Sorry, Chris, that means Florida has to lose next week.)
Alright, I am now ready to listen to the Bama Banter for the next 363 days until next year's game.
Hope I can recover well enough to watch Bama beat Florida this Saturday!!!!
Mikey

I found out this morning what's been wrong with my car lately. It's been running rough and nothing I did improved it any. I changed the fuel filter, the air filter, spark plugs, plug wires. Nothing made any difference. This morning I had the fuel pressure checked and a computer diagnostic done. The EGR valve is bad. Parts store wants $200+ for one so I went to the local scrap yard and got one for $27. I won't have time to change it today or tomorrow but maybe Wednesday. The mechanical part of it is OK, just the electronic part is cutting up so that makes it somewhat easier.

O.K. Mike what ever you got to tell yourself to help you get over the lose to Florida! heeheeheehee!

Jim Porsche and a few other non domestic autos made mids work by playing with the suspension! something the US auto industry tried but couldn't get to work right!..............Still front mounted engines and rear wheel drive is still the best! I still Love BIG GAS or DIESEL Drinking 4x4 trucks! Give me a Chevy 4500 4x4 and money to fuel her! Drool......................

Jeffrey EGR, thats a familiar fault our Vauxhall (GM) suffers from, dealers want upwards of £200 to fix it, yeah right, i think not.

Chris
bamaquote2.gif

ha ha ha, sorry Chris but,,,

Good evening everyone,

It's been a frustrating day - my office was relocated to a new building and of course, the phones didn't work. My computer worked but as Murphys Law would have it, every time the phone techie was trying to get my phone working, he'd have to disconnect my 'putor from the network - and that always requires me to reboot!:mad:

I'll see if I have any energy to test-run some trains tonight, it'll take alot to pull me out of this rut.

Have a good'un

Mark, that's one good thing about those old Fiero's. If you stuck your foot in it too much you blew up the engine. :) That and the Porsche 914 always seemed like engineering disasters to me. The concept of a mid-engine car never did make a lot of sense.

Ummm, alright...I'll remember not to share in the future.

Hey Mikey, may 10,000 camel drivers give you the score, each day, for 363 days!:p ROLL TIDE!

uh.....but thanks for your support this weekend.:D

How about that Steve. Man, we got a solid BAMA fan across the pond. Steve, don't forget we need your help this weekend.;):D

Mark, sorry, didn't mean to imply you have a bad car, just a general comment about mid-engine cars in general.

Mikey, it's been pretty tough on anyone wearing orange and blue around here with all the catcalls and such so don't feel too bad. Unfortunately, Auburn did a pretty good job of rubbing our face in it for six straight years so revenge can be...well, not fun, if you're an Auburn fan. Glad to have your support for Saturday though. I'm hoping everyone in the SEC will get behind whatever team wins and goes on to the BCS.

Chris, the Tide is playing some really excellent football right now, as is Florida. The Vegas odds makers have us as an 8-10 point underdog right now. That should scare Florida, since Alabama tends to play better as underdogs. It should be a hard fought game no matter who comes out on top.

Jeffrey, I hate EGR valves. At least it's just the board that's bad so that's fixable. Once the valve itself fails, you have spend the big bucks to replace the whole thing.

Ken, nothing worse than being without your computer and spending all day long rebooting. Makes you wonder how we got any work done before we had those things on our desks. :)

Rex, you are so cruel to poor old Mikey. :D As far as Steve goes, at least Alabama football got him excited enough to get that tank out of his avatar. :)

Partly cloudy and cool tonight after a breezy and raw day. Did see the sun long enough to get up to 55 but you couldn't tell it if you were outside. It's 37 now, which I'm sure sounds balmy to some of you, but it's dang cold for us.

I have NEVER watched or seen a football game in my entire life, and I don't intend to.

(sticking my tongue out here, and running for cover!!)

Hi to all,
It's been a bit since I posted as I've kind of gotten sidetracked so to speak. Just wanted to touch bases and see what's happening here lately.

Have a good day.

Good morning.

It's 29 and clear. Somebody done left the freezer door open! The high will be around 60 and it will be sunny.

Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet nad took my car to the local mechanic to find out what's ailing it. He checked the fuel pressure. It was fine. He then did a computer diagnostic. The only thing that popped up was the EGR valve. Problem: the parts store wants $200+ for this little lump of metal. That'll be the day! I went to the local scrap yard and got a used one for $27. I'll get around to putting it on sometime this week. Today I have to go to DeRidder to get measured for my new shoes. It' took nearly 6 weeks to get the Medicaid BS out of the way.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/2/2008

Wind Chill: 29°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
High: 30°F
Low: 29°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 62 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010498.jpg

Good morning folks

It was a bright 34 F as I headed out the door this morning. High today will be 46 F. We had some nasty weather last night. The weather guessers said we might get some showers. While we went out to Borders we had heavy downpours with snow and sleet mixed in. It made for some interesting driving.

The Christmas decorating marathon continues. At the rate we are going it will take all week (which is about the normal amount of time). No trains. I am hoping tonight I may be able to sneak down to the workbench for a few minutes.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning Guys.

Just stopping in before class to catch up and say hello.

Tom: I know how that feels. We have had lights up since before halloween (when it was still warm and safe enough to be on the roof). Then in the last week we have put up about every outdoor light up that we could think of. Now we have a few days of inside and hopefully thats it. We have a party here Thursday.

I have NEVER watched or seen a football game in my entire life, and I don't intend to.

(sticking my tongue out here, and running for cover!!)

LTF- college football is a really bad sickness in Alabama. It can cause great emotional distress from a high dropping to the depths of dispair when a touchdown is called back due to a penalty.
Hopefully, most people survive the 3- 5 hour sessions to return to a relatively normal existance until the next game.
Mikey

Mid Engine Cars have seen great victories in the world rally championships, the old group "B" cars were evil, The Lancia Delta S4, the MG Metro 6R4 the Peogeot 205 T16 were all mid engined four wheel drive monsters well capable of 0 to 60 in the 2 second mark and stuck to the road like you would not believe,,,

Five stars for mid engines cars

Afternoon, everyone.

LTF, even my wife, who really doesn't know much about football, still enjoys watching games as long as Alabama or Prattville are involved. As Mikey said, football here is kind of a virus, where everyone seems to get it a the same time. Knowing anything about the virus is immaterial. :)

Hi David, nothing much happening but watching the stock market gyrate. :mad:

Dan and Tom, still haven't put up any Christmas decorations yet. I think I'll probably have to get some outside lights up tomorrow but I'm trying to put off the tree until this weekend. With three crazy cats, I'll be sitting next to it for hour with a spray bottle trying to keep them from destroying it.

Steve, mid-enigine racing cars did very well in their time and I guess Formula 1 cars are still kind of mid-engined. My comment was about mid-engined production cars and their general lack of success in the marketplace.

Clear and cold overnight with a low of 32. It's sunny and breezy again today but a touch warmer at 58. Looks like we may get a southerly flow and some rain on Thursday if the stars all line up right.

I replaced the EGR valve on my car today. It improved things a bit but it's still running a bit rough. Being that the EGR valve I put on is used it may be
bad also, so I'll get another one when I can and try it. If that doesn't improve things then I'll have to go over the vacuum lines (groan) one by one to see if there are any leaks anywhere. I'm looking forward to that like I would to a root canal without
anesthesia. To top things off I lost my glasses. I had placed them on the front of the car between the hood and the windshield while I was working on the car. When I finished I went for a test drive to a neighbors place 3 miles away. It wasn't until after I got back that I realized what I did. I've searched the road side between my place and my neighbors place from the car and on foot to no avail. I guess I'm gonna have to figure out a way to come up with $300 for new glasses. Not an easy trick when your total monthly income is $627. There's not gonna be any train money in the budget for 5 or 6 months I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back