Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,,, boy it's F-O-G-G-Y and COLD, had a great day out in town today, it's the annual switching on of the Christmas lights today, and my boy's got a spot on the BBC radio coverage live, what a blast they had.

As for my friend Brians funeral, his family are most impressed with my video i did and are adding it to the book of remembrance they are setting up on the land rover club web site, what an honor.
i still find it amazing that the funeral attracted to many people from all over the UK, amazing stuff, bet he's got a great big smile up in heaven.

Morning, everyone.

Almost time for the BIG game - another two hours to go and everyone's excited. Prattville HS beat Davidson last night in the rain in Mobile so we get to play Hoover again in Birmingham next Saturday for the state championship. Now everyone here is conflicted about going to Birmingham to cheer on our team or watching the SEC championship game and the Prattville game on TV at home, switching madly between channels. :)

Rex, looks like the rain is drooping south and it should be dry in T-Town for the kick-off. There's a pretty impressive stream of moisture headed our way from the Gulf but I think it will be until later tonight before it moves north of us.

Steve, sounds like Dickens kind of weather for the Christmas lighting. What did your boy do for his spot? That's really nice that you did a video of all the Land Rovers for your friend's family. I'm sure they'll treasure it.

Gee, haven't seen Chis since Thursday night. I think Friday was the day him and the wife were going to "celebrate" their anniversary. Poor guy, the little woman must have worn him out :D

It's been raining here all night, with 1.28 inches so far and more to come. We really need it so I'm happy to have it as long as it stays down here for the game. Sunday night could be interesting for north Alabama as the cold air wraps around the remnant moisiture from this storm. Might be an early white Christmas for the folks up there.

Jim, it has quit raining here, but is misty with light fog. Those in the nose-bleed section of the stadium may have to strain their eyes to see through the fog. [just kidding!]

We were without water yesterday for 7 hours. Seems one of those maniac shoppers hit a fire hydrant and knocked out the water line. It was an interesting afternoon with police zipping through the neighborhood for several hours. I'm not sure what happened, but I picked up the action on my scanner. About 1/2 mile away, two suspects at a housing project did something and the police were called in. They caught one with the K9 that was armed and had two boxes of ammo. The other, considered armed and dangerous, was chased through the neighborhood. Somehow he managed to get away and they gave up looking after 3 hours. I wasn't overly concerned; I just continued cleaning my little GLOCK. ;):D

ROLL TIDE!
1 hour​

Taking a short break!

Hey Guys,

Taking a short break from our 13th annv. fun!:D Last night I took the wife on a dinner cruse in Clear Water! Got some pic's fer ya;) we got there early to get our tickets and walk along the beach and take some shots!
1st pic the ship.
2nd pic is us on pier 60 at clearwater beach.
3rd 4th pic is of clearwater beach!

After walking on the beach we slowly walked back to the ship and watched the charter fishing boats come in! lot's of fish and happy/drunk fishermen:D I plan on taking my son on a deep sea trip ths spring if I can afford it:rolleyes:

Then show time! we had a nice cruise and dinner! on the inner coastal water way was as smooth as glass, we couldn't feel the boat move! we ate, danced, and smooched!:D:D:D the cruise we of with out a hitch and we enjoyed it!:D

ROLL TIDE!
ALABAMA 36 Auburn 0 as in...NOTHING.

Now for some Gator meat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris: you and the boss lady sure look like you are having a grand time (I'm glad my wifed can't see the photos :eek:.) Again...Congratulations!

I tried to call several of my auburn friends tonight........but all their cell phones seem to be off.........I wonder why?:D

Stan.

Chris: you and the boss lady sure look like you are having a grand time (I'm glad my wifed can't see the photos :eek:.) Again...Congratulations!
Show Her!
Your wife would love it! if just the two of ya go the price ain't that bad! Put's points on your love life:D You should show her:D:D:D;) Clearwater is nice! http://www.starlitecruises.com/star...rwater-st-petersburg-florida-reservations.htm

Any ways, I put in a ceiling fan for my wife anniv. gift. something she has been wanting for a while! I had to crawl in the actic and add a line! It doesn't sound that bad but my actic was hot(100*) and nasty and absolutly no room for a 280 pounder like me, I mean if I had a heart attack I was a goner if they(EMS) had to get to me!! 5 hours of labor! I almost fell through the garage ceiling! just another thing to fix...LOL's anyways....... My wife thinks I'm a God! well I'm tired and the wife want's me:D:D:D:D:D;) Got to go Chris out!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, very cool, the boy got his own dedication for his 11th birthday. What a good dad you are for arranging that. I'll bet he was thrilled. That video was great too. :)

Chris, glad to see you are still alive and enjoying life. You and the wife look like you're having a ball...err...fun. :D It would have been no problem getting you out of that ceiling. You'd be surprised what a hydraulic sawzall can do. :eek:

Rex, Stan, and Steve, that was a great game. For once, the Tide played a 60 minute game. That last touchdown scored by our back-up quarterback was a thing of beauty. It rained just enough to make things sloppy and cause a few interesting dropped balls and slides. I wonder if Tubby is starting to feel a little like Mike Shula? Now, if we can just play this kind of game against Florida, the BCS should be ours. We went out to eat after the game and I looked around for any Auburn dressed folks to taunt and there wasn't one anywhere. I think I saw a few people with shirts turned inside out though. :D

It's been raining most of the day here and we're up to 1.5 inches so far. I'm glad the air is so stable or we'd be having some severe storms. As it is, it's just a nice, soaking rain, exactly what need. A rainy day and the Tide wins the Iron Bowl - what more can you ask for?

Jim, did you here Steve's son say he was wanting a train set for Christmas? Least he is still a modelrailroader instead of a ....tankdriver. LOL:D

So the saying is Roll Tide Roll.

Got most of the outside lights done for Christmas today. Time to do all the inside. Hung out with a female friend tonight for... 4-5 hours. Driving got dangerous with the snow that started to fall. Slide around a few times, and lost control once on a side street doing a snow turn. I think it is time for new tires for the car. More money out the door. Better then ruining a car though

11-30-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:p

Good morning.

It's 46 and clear. Today's high will be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing of note yesterday to report except that I made up my first advanced consist with two Atlas locomotives equipped with Bachmann decoders. L&A 221 and MGRy 225 were successfully MU'd together under TOP #02. I also raided Hobby Lobby and came away with two new freight cars and an assortment of trees.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/30/2008

Wind Chill: 44°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 42°F

So Far Today
High: 51°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph NNE

Today High: 60 Partly cloudy. Highs around 60. West winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 40 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly clear. Lows around 40. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010486.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back