Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, Rex, but it looks like those tailgaters and fans might be in for a wet night. This time I'm on board with the weather forecasters. There looks like a pretty good slug of moisture headed our way from the Four Corners area that should arrive Saturday morning. It looks like it could be a pretty decent storm. My brother is spending the winter in Yuma and they had 2.22 inches of rain Tuesday from this same system, an all-time record for Yuma. This one could turn out to be a mud bowl. Can you imagine all those law enforcement officers trying to get everyone in and out of town in the rain? I'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork. :)

Ah heck Jim, you don't think a thunderstorm, blizzard, or tornado would discourage those fans, do you! (particularly with a flat bottle in their pocket) :D

11-28-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:confused:

Good morning.

It's 67 and cloudy with fog. The high should be in the mid 70's and there's a chance of rain.

Spent part of the day yesterday at my sisters place for Thanksgiving. We had other family members there as well as some of the neighbors and some good friends. As usual she cooked enough for a small army. Turkey, glazed ham, green beans, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, baked beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, pies of many flavors, several cakes, tropical fruit salad with peach schnapps. There was more but I didn't look at everything. By the time I left there I could hardly walk. Only thing that was done on the layout was to spray the pedestrian bridge with Matte-Finish to kill the gloss.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/28/2008

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SSW

Now through 07:00 AM CST November 28, 2008

Isolated showers tracking rapidly northeast at 25 mph will Advance across the northern portions of Tyler...Jasper and Newton counties of interior southeast Texas. Rainfall under 1/10th of an inch can be expected with this activity.

Today High: 75 Patchy fog in the morning. Scattered showers in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010479.jpg

Roll tide

Rex ha ha ha ha ha, Pig's have good taste don't they.

bamaquote2.gif

bamachamp1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, today is Black Friday......in more ways then one.

Today is my daughters 18th birthday!

I'm officially OLD!

Philip: Happy Birthday to your daughter. I remember it like it was yesterday (ok not really, but it was only like... 10 months ago).

I already spent a grand total of 205.00 today on stuff. All of it for me. Also managed to help the Lions set up their tree lot and pick of wreaths. Now back outside for even more putting up christmas stuff.

Thanksgiving was great. First time in ever it wasn't the whole extended family, and boy, it was nice getting food, being quiet, and actually having a place to sit. Even managed to get more then a full night's sleep for once.

Philip, that doesn't make you old.
What happened to me yesterday makes you old: I was looking at my grandniece's baby when it hit me...I'm a great-granduncle...THAT makes you feel old. :D

Philip, that doesn't make you old.
What happened to me yesterday makes you old: I was looking at my grandniece's baby when it hit me...I'm a great-granduncle...THAT makes you feel old. :D

OK, now I feel better............OLD MAN! :D

Have a very happy thanks giving everyone

Went to my old friends funeral today, he was driven to the church by his son on the back of the land rover, they had built a special trailer just for the job, it was very moving to see it go by, and the mourners that came, LOL there were hundreds and i mean hundreds of land rovers driving by his coffin. the police closed the main road to allow this to take place, a sight very rarely seen.​
Good day from Ye Olde London Towne.

Steve, my condolences. I'm a humanist and believe that a person's immortality is what they leave behind and their influence on others. For your mate to generate such a send off he must have been quite a character. For what its worth my little Land Rover Freelander and I wish all those he touched and influenced, well. May those he inspired keep his memory alive for a long time to come. From your recent postings (to paraphrase Blackadder) it appears that fortune has indeed vomited on your eiderdown. Hopefully things will settle and become boring for you soon.

To our American cousins, hope you are recovering from the nasty post turkey trouser hurricanes and that your Thanksgiving celebrations were all you hoped for. Have a wonderful weekend all.

Evening, everyone

Ah heck Jim, you don't think a thunderstorm, blizzard, or tornado would discourage those fans, do you! (particularly with a flat bottle in their pocket) :D

Well, of course not, Rex, I'd just hate be one of the cops trying to get them all out of town after they've been sitting in the rain for hours. :) Looks like Prattville is in for a wet game in Mobile tonight. There's a fair amount of lightning in the area as well. I don't know what policy is about playing when there's lightning. I'm sticking with the wet forecast up your way tomorrow also. There's at least a slight chance for thunderstorms around game time there also. Oh, I'm a great grand uncle times three so I've got you beat in the old guy department.

Steve, nice graphics you've got. I'm stealing them. ;)

Stan, Steve loves any game where there's a possibility of body parts being removed. :eek:

Phillip, my son turned 18 in...let's see...1988. Does that help make you feel any younger? :p

Jeffrey, tell your sister that you're bringing a friend next Thanksgiving. :D Sounds like a wonderful Southern Thanksgiving feast. How did your blood sugar do through it all?

It's been raining lightly most of the day although it's only added up to .12 inches so far. Now we have pea soup fog, just like Olde London Towne, Andrew. Looks like more rain on the way from the west though. Should be an interesting couple of days since we're finally getting into an active weather pattern again.

I'm sorry Steve, I was wrapped up in my own little world. I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. With leaving so many loved ones behind, he must have touched a lot of lives.

Jeffrey, tell your sister that you're bringing a friend next Thanksgiving. :D Sounds like a wonderful Southern Thanksgiving feast. How did your blood sugar do through it all?
Blood sugar did OK. It stayed below 150.

Good morning.

It's 58 and cloudy. The high is expected to be in the mid 60's and it will be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain.

Didn't get much done yesterday. It rained most of the day with thunderstorms coming through. Good sleeping weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/29/2008

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.84"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph N

Today High: 65 Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming mostly cloudy late in the afternoon. A 20 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Cloudy until late night then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010188.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back