Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was bound to happen sometime.....After 7 days of R&R at home, I hit the sack one last time tonight as a free man. Gotta head back to the mines tomorrow evening.

Uggg The last time I dreaded going back to work this bad, I had 6 flights and 8000 miles between my soft bed here and my hooch over in the sandbox. Thankfully, I won't have to wait around another 4-6 months for another off day. Too bad the job often makes it feel that way though. But it was sure nice to get away from the 911 abusers, crack heads and drunks for just a few days.

Today I primed me up a new building that's been sitting in the box for a few weeks. Not sure of the color plan just yet, but I'll figure something out.

Night folks,

Kenny

IMG0712-L.jpg

Good morning. It's snowing and 33, headed for a high of 50 with heavy rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning

Sunny today...but cold...only sitting at 15F right now going to a high of 25F later on...

Getting some new things in the house...namely a couple of bookcases from an antique store and a high boy chest of drawers...then we will get tiles for the start of Floor Wars part 3....the entrance/foyer...:confused::rolleyes:

I did manage to run some trains yesterday night...and found a new recalcitrant turnout...:mad::mad:

Good morning. It's 45° and sunny. The high will be 75°.

After several near sleepless nights I got about five hours last night or should I say this morning. No layout work is planned for today.

DSCN0565.jpg

Good morning from SoCal. Expected high today is 83. Clouds to begin rolling in this afternooon for two days of rain (We'll see).

After a very strong showing in February we'll now see what the first full week of March has to offer.

Good morning folks

It was 35 F when I headed out this morning. High will be 45 F with some sun.

It was a frustrating volleyball weekend for my daughter and her team. They again played very unsteady. They won one match and lost three. The last one was the ugliest. They lost to a team that was not as good as them. They basically played like they did not care. My daughter was beside herself because in both sets she brought them back from a seven point and a six point deficits and put them ahead to only see them blow the lea after she came out. At one point the coach was furious at the back row players because of the poor passing. Tuesday night practice should be interesting.

Yesterday we got a new guinea pig from a rescue. We lost our guinea pig last week after almost 5 years to cancer. He is an orange long hair. He is a little skittish right now but will come out for food.

Nothing to report on the modeling front. I am hoping soon to get working on some things.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Hi all, cold and breezy here today. Sadly I gotta go back to work tonight, but this morning Trystan and I put out about 500 lbs of triple 13 and about 100lbs of seed out in the yard. He did enjoy riding with me on the ATV while I put some feed and seed out for the yard. Aide from that little bit of yard work, he and I plan to take it easy today till nappy times rolls around.

Not much planned this week since it's my long week at work. Eat, sleep, iron the uniform and start it all over daily again for the next few days. It was nice being home this past week. Too bad there was not any local train shows to go to as I've never been to one.

Have a good day,

Kenny

Now, let me see if I can translate this properly.

[quote user="jeffrey-wimberly"]

Good morning. It's 45° and sunny. The high will be 75°.

I wish it was still dark and not so bright and sunshiny.

After several near sleepless nights I got about five hours last night or should I say this morning. No layout work planned for today.

I stayed out too late partying and chasing women! Did not get home until the wee hours of the morning! I am too tired to even think about playing with trains!

Here is a pic of the party location!

DSCN0565.jpg

[/quote]A very nice looking place. How about inviting me next time?

Nothing done on the layout, but, I did watch an hour & a half Rally Car crashes 2012 on YouTube. Wonder if any of those Men & Women ever finish any of those races. Then had to go into town & ship a box full of trains to a Forum member. Then to the local WM for some latex caulk. They didn't have any, not even the expensive stuff. That store has been out of regular stuff for about 3 weeks. Pi$$e$ me off to no end.
The $2.00 stuff at Walmart cost's $6.00 ea. at the local Ace hdw. So, I'll have to wait.
Then had a building full of visitors this afternoon from NY, Pa., Ind., NH & Ohio. Most of them will be heading home the 1st week in April.
Was 35* this morning & got up to 60* this afternoon w/a med. wind. Lots of sunshine.
About run out of stuff to trade or sell off of the layout.
Still have to finish the turntable I moved last week. Finish hooking up all the track & wiring. I hate wiring, but once I get started I hate to stop until the job is done.;)

bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 12* out damn thats toooo cold !! :eek: i need warmth !! well today im shipping more stuff to fla :D:D:D

Good morning. It's clear and 26, supposed to go all the way to 55 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back