Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the doc got me this new boot I've been having massive problems with it being way too tight. Most of that was due to the hard plastic pinched in back section from the support rods on back forcing the bones to rub together. OUCH! Bone pain is something you don't want. Well I just cut all that out and it's much more comfortable now that those high sides aren't putting all that pressure on my foot and ankle not to mention that it was tearing up the skin pretty badly. I can actually take a step now without feeling like my foot is in a vise. Maybe later I'll get a photo of the cut out section. A description would be somewhat similar to removing the back from a shoe. The sock wrap that holds my foot is attached to the support rods with Velcro so there's no danger of it coming off. I can hardly believe the difference in how it feels. Somewhat like the difference in going from an overly tight dress shoe to a comfortable running shoe. At least I won't be in agony most of the time.

I guess I should clarify, I was wearing a tuxedo!:D The only good part about being in the show is the eye candy behind the scenes. Since the girls hadn't bought the dresses, they were not tailored to fit them. They were falling out of the tops! I don't think I've been surrounded by that much cleavage since.........well, last show!:D I guess my job has it's perks.

Pass the NyQuil over here! I just pictured myself in that short little number you were talking about. It's making ME sick!:p
dude your job rocks !!!:)

Ever since the doc got me this new boot I've been having massive problems with it being way too tight. Most of that was due to the hard plastic pinched in back section from the support rods on back forcing the bones to rub together. OUCH! Bone pain is something you don't want. Well I just cut all that out and it's much more comfortable now that those high sides aren't putting all that pressure on my foot and ankle not to mention that it was tearing up the skin pretty badly. I can actually take a step now without feeling like my foot is in a vise. Maybe later I'll get a photo of the cut out section. A description would be somewhat similar to removing the back from a shoe. The sock wrap that holds my foot is attached to the support rods with Velcro so there's no danger of it coming off. I can hardly believe the difference in how it feels. Somewhat like the difference in going from an overly tight dress shoe to a comfortable running shoe. At least I won't be in agony most of the time.

Sounds like the shoe surgery was a success. :D Good show man!

I got window glass into the cab of the U25C today and moved the light from the top of the front truck to just behind the headlight of the cab.

P1010524.jpg

good morning men its 32* going up to 42*:) from what they say i guess we are supposed to get some white stuff tommorrow , its weird seeing nothing but bare ground :p

Good morning. It's clear and 38, headed for a high of 60. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's clear and 38, headed for a high of 60. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.
I heard back about an MTH locomotive I sent back for repair. It would not hold any programming, and since it is advertised as being programmable and useable in DCC, that is a problem. It's weird, it would accept all programming done to it, and you can use it with the new settings, but as soon as you remove power, everything reverts back to factory settings. It seems it's broken (along with the half-dozen others at the hobby shop). We'll see when it gets back if it's really fixed.
I had the same problem with a loco a few years ago. The problem was a bad decoder.

Good morning. It's 61° and cloudy with patchy dense fog. The high will be 75° and there's a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

It looks like more cleanup on the layout will be the order of the day. I was able to put my walking boot on this morning with very little discomfort and can move around quite comfortably. Looks like the modifications I made yesterday are a good thing. Actually they were the actions of a desperate man who needed some relief. This morning I find myself looking at an Athearn C&NW F7-A shell and I wonder what I'm going to do with it. I also have an SD40-2 shell that I'll probably chop up for pieces to use on my U25C project to make it a slightly unusual beast.

P1012694.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 36 F when I hit the crowded and confused roadways this morning. Our high will be 50 F.

Volleyball tournament weekends are a killer. MY daughter had a tournament on Saturday. They played 13 sets. The tournament started at 8:30 AM and was 45 minutes away from home and with a top for breakfast we were on the road before 7:30 AM. Her team worked the second match which started at 9:10 AM. We left the gym at 7:30 PM. We stopped for diner and walked in the door at home at 9:30 PM. The girls played well. They were shaky at times. They won their pool and the semi-final match. They lost the championship match 2 sets to 1. In the tie-breaker they had the other team down 7-2 and then they fell apart and lost 8-15. They looked like they hit the wall and were physically exhausted. The coach was not happy with the play of the back row and the inconsistent passing. My daughter was the lone setter and she had to do a lot of running to get to the second balls which lead to so-so sets. They also had issues with their serving at times. Tonight practice is going to be hard on some of them.

Sunday was recovering day of so we thought. We had to put down our guinea pig. We had him for 4 ½ years and he was very much part of the family. Everyone took it hard especially my daughter who got him from a rescue and was his primary care giver.

I am still trying to figure out what is going on with my blood pressure. The readings have been on the low side of good. We are just waiting to see if they fall any further.

I hope everybody has a good day.

After breakfast this morning my father called wanting some help with taking old 1963 Lone Star ski boat to the welding shop. The riveted seams are leaking so the seams will be aluma-welded rivets and all. We got the boat to the welding shop then stopped by the pharmacy on the way back so I could get a refill on my antibiotics. When we got back here I found a box on the back of my father's car. In it I found two N Scale mobile home kits and a pair of Fleischmann HO Scale street cars. They look like Schienenbus VB 998 models. The mobile home kits look like Nucomp Miniatures resin kits though I can't find anything with a name.

P1010527.jpg

I got the model of that Fleischmann rail bus wrong. It's a Rail bus with side car class 798 / 998. I used to see the all over Stuttgart when I was there around thirty-five years ago.

Good evening folks.

Well, our storm has been mostly rain instead of snow and freezing rain. I guess we'll see if we get any nasty stuff over night. It's been odd having a rainy day off in February!:confused:

I added some utility poles to my town area of Wells. They aren't in the most prototypical pattern but it gives the right idea. I also ordered some little people to populate my little world. Holy crap, I'm going to go broke adding little details to this thing!:eek: These are the little purchases that you don't think of when someone asks you how much you've spent on trains. Oh well, this project is too big to fail now! Meaning, I've spent this much, I may as well see it through!:D

I rented the movie Hugo tonight. We'll see if it's as good as the Academy thinks it is. My previous experience tells me half of the movies they nominate are crap and the other half are decent. I wonder which half this will fall into. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's movie time. Have a good night folks.

Been a nice day here till this evening, now it's starting to rain and we're expecting some more bad weather tonight. Today I managed to get all my yard equipment serviced with oil changes, new plugs and filters. Spent the better part of the evening trying to track down a replacement ignition switch for my lawn tractor. Grrr after three trips to town for parts and replacement fuses, I guess I'll do what I should have done the first time and just go to the John Deer tractor place and buy the overpriced switch the sell for almost 30 bucks. But at least I'm set for the new mowing season.

Tomorrow if the weather holds, Trystan and I will hit up the parts store and later at Lowes for some rubberized tree mulch for the flowerbeds. The ground is too wet to be driving around on without risking making tire ruts, so I don't guess I'll be pruning any trees since I'm too lazy to drag the limbs to the woods. lol

Guess I'll have to put the Ameritowne building on hold since tonight is NCIS night. I was going to do it last night, but Danica Patrick required my attention on the TV. lol

Hope you guys have a good night, I'm outta here to catch up on the nightly news.

Ken

well it looks like winter mite , mite show up late tommorow depending on the angle of the front since im in southern NH we have a shot at missing it & it going all up north , but they say we may get 10" :confused: we
shall see .
my son set up his O gauge railroad track around the living room & bought a railking starter pak power pack so he could unlock the berkshire proto 1 & run it:p man that thing looks & sounds sweeeet

Well cripes! I ended up twisting my back then getting my vertebrae slammed together this afternoon. I went out to replace some old spark plug wires on my van. I got the engine cover off easy enough but while trying to get in position to get to the wires in question (I'd have to be laying down across the seat to do it as I can't kneel or squat easily) I lost my balance and fell backward out the open door. I made a snatch for the steering wheel with my right hand. That swung me around and I slammed my back against the rear of the door opening then hit the ground flat on my butt hard enough to clack my teeth together and crack a tooth. I now have a major ache right between my shoulder blades and in the upper part of my right arm. Now for those thinking how could I possibly screw up a simple job like this, it's not hard. It may be simple for you. For me it's a major job because I can't kneel unless it's just on one knee, I can't squat because what's left of my right foot/ankle doesn't flex or move at all. So to do this job I have to maneuver around so I can lay on my right side to get to the left side on the engine. If I were working on the other side of the engine I'd have to be on my left side. See why it's hard? Doing something like setting the timing can be interesting to say the least. The van is still sitting out there with the door open and the engine cover off and it's going to stay like that until I can get out there and do something about it, probably sometime tomorrow. Right now I'm just hunched over wishing the pain will just go away. I didn't even touch the plug wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back