Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening.

Happy Birthday Chris.

The engine swap on the car is almost done. My uncle (who is guiding me), broke the new rear main seal when we were installing it. Have to wait till probably Thursday now before I can get the car running. Class all day tomorrow. I will be glad when it is over, that is for sure.

Happy Birthday Chris. I'm not gonna make any jokes about getting old. After all, you're younger than me! :p

Flo, get the birthday boy whatever he wants, my treat. (from the kids Menu):rolleyes:

Bill and Jim taken by the "mother ship"???:confused:
Somebody quick, get Moulder and Scully !!!!:eek:

Sparky. Chin up, it's almost over! Soon you'le have your car back. Just don't forget us "little peoples"!

KenL I forgot to tell you , triple A batteries!!!!!:cool:

Hey Chris.......

vg-happy-birthday.png

Happy Birthday Chris. I'm not gonna make any jokes about getting old. After all, you're younger than me! :p

Flo, get the birthday boy whatever he wants, my treat. (from the kids Menu):rolleyes:

COOL:cool: I want a full rack of Cat and Hush puppies!:)

Kinda having a off day:rolleyes:, I had to start blowing berms on the ball fields yesterday. to make a tough job tougher the past two days we had a cold wind with 30-40mph gust! With the cold steady wind and pulling a heavy high pressure garden hose, and just holding a steady 100 psi...... I'm just flat tired:( I wanted to go for a bike ride but with the wind being 30mph:rolleyes: I'll go tomarrow:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would wish u a happy B'day CHRIS but I quit celebrating b'days 37 yr ago. I threw a party invited 30 to 40 people and only 1 showed up. Keg of beer plus all of the food did not go to waste but I sure was under the weather for a couple of days after LOL.

I had to start blowing berms on the ball fields yesterday.
Uhh, Chris? How do you...Where?... What kind of ... Umm, nope, I'm not going there.:eek:

Also, I'm quite a bit older than Chris, so I guess I can pick on him about his age. After all, I'm speaking from first-hand experience.:D

Flo, I hope the coffee is still hot. Doesn't matter if its's fresh. The stiffer the better.

Chris, I hoped you enjoyed your day. I can barely remember 42. That was 14 years ago. Seems like ages ago. I was still playing softball then. Surely not now. Two back surgeries, a neck surgery, rotator cuff surgery and, knee surgery#'s 9 and 10. They have said that these were to be teh "golden years". The failed to mention all of the rust.

All, I was going to be in the Tipton area for business, and check on Bill, either today or Thursday. All was canceled. I'll try to make a road trip anyway. Might be the weekend before I am able, though.

jeffrey-wimberly, I can realate to the spoiled game. Deer in southern Michigan taste like turpentine from eating pine cones. NASTY!!!!! we are still fixing roast sandwiches from the moose roast the better half fixed a couple of days ago. Great eatin'. Sesame buns, fried green peppers and onions, and a bit of horseradish.....HEAVEN!!

I got a package Saturday containing some repair parts for my 2-8-8-2 Mallet. It was dropped while on loan. The parts were in great shape, but......were for an older version. Mine must be newer. It utilizes a system that has a likeness to the Athearn can motor, brass flywheel, and gear towers on the drives. I guess I'll just convert it over to the older system. Need a motor that fits in the cab, now.

Hey, gotta go for now. Thanks for the coffee, Flo.

Bob

karl: don't worry, having a car just means I can spend money on trains, instead on car parts. Plus, then I can finally go to the LHS and get some glue.

Uhh, Chris? How do you...Where?... What kind of ... Umm, nope, I'm not going there.:eek:

Also, I'm quite a bit older than Chris, so I guess I can pick on him about his age. After all, I'm speaking from first-hand experience.:D

Your older:eek::confused: How could you tell? If you don't know about berm formation on baseball fields it's best not try to under stand:eek: it very unpleasent! my left elbow and lower back hurts like a itch!:(

Flo,

Chris, I hoped you enjoyed your day. I can barely remember 42. That was 14 years ago. Seems like ages ago. I was still playing softball then. Surely not now. Two back surgeries, a neck surgery, rotator cuff surgery and, knee surgery#'s 9 and 10. They have said that these were to be teh "golden years". The failed to mention all of the rust.

That's comforting info......I can look forward to!:eek:

ANY WHO HOW......Thanks everyone for the b-day wishes.

Keep your stick on the ice:D

Evening Gang: I'm getting nothing but OOOPs's on the MR site so I thought I'd drop in here. It's been quite awhile since I've been on this side of the tracks.
Ken good to see you. So what have you been up to lately. For painting window frames after they have been installid and glased you might try Sharpie pens. I've used the fine point with good results.
Well It's getting toward my bed time.
See you all later.

Greetings Paul, I noticed the OOPS! earlier. I had just stopped in to the diner for the first time in along while. Boy is that place busy. Things are pretty quiet around here, but the coffee is good and the company, well, did I mention the coffee is good?!;):)

Hello--had a busy day today---got through the three clients and all the paperwork for them and then---get phone call from an old buddy that was playing bass in a band I was also in:eek::eek:. Some tapes I found in some old file boxes that turned out to be playable on my reel to reel are now going to be converted to digital so we can at least get them remastered---maybe:eek::confused::confused: I'm looking forward:eek::eek: to hearing the results there of---:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:

And yes---the ever so popular OOPS apparently lives across the street----:eek::eek:

Good morning from Ye Olde London Towne. Just another carbon copy week here. Work, sleep, etc. Not much going on in the modelling sense.

Chris- a belated Happy Birthday. For your present, I've arranged another trip around the sun for you. :D

Still trying to hunt down another Kato 4400 walkway moulding to repair the floor landing damage from a couple of weeks ago. I did manage to straighten and repair most of the railings. Only have to try and 'weld' the one remaining broken bit. At least the material didn't stretch too much when it snapped.

Take care all. Hope the Mother Ship releases Bill and Jim soon.

Good morning.

It's 47 and clear. The high will be in the mid 70's and it will be clear.

Didn't get much done yesterday as I wasn't feeling well. One of the down sides of getting older. I spent part of the day watching some 'Hogan's Heroes' shows and assembling some city details when my hands weren't shaking too bad. These include two phone booths, three double side bicycle racks and two curbside mail boxes. I may get out long enough today to mow my parents yard if the ground is dry enough. It'll tale a bit longer than usual as I'll have to use their new mower (42" cut). The old tractor (60") is down with clutch problems. I'll have to fix that when I'm able. It's not something I'm looking forward to. I took an 'Older than dirt' quiz this morning that made mention of 25 items that older people would remember. I remember 24 of them. Did I mention that I remember dirt when it was a rock?

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/8/2009

Wind Chill: 44°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 39°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph WSW

Today High: 75 Sunny...warmer. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly clear until late night then becoming partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0690.jpg

Good morning eveyone

Flo, gimme a sausage breakfast please and put it on Chris's tab (it's not his B-day anymore). I figure if he puts the stuff from his menu in it I won't notice since the big meat companies already do the same thing.

Paul - good 2 C ya, don't be such a stranger! I've been on a structure kick lately, this time I'm doing one backwards - i.e. painting after assembly (I got it that way from a white elephant table at last weekend's train show). I much prefer the other method when I have a choice.

Karl - I have a whole box full of those, my kids' cameras use them.

Jeff - hope you feel better today, don't push yourself too hard

We got a light dusting of the white stuff last night. Today's weather is suppose to be like typical mid-March. Oh well, as long as it doesn't stay frozen. On the bright side, it delays when I'll have to start mowing again!

Good morning--We have sun!! YIPPEEEEE!!!:D:D---this excitement is due to the melting of the PITA snowfall we had:D--And we's be staying up in the 8-11C bracket rather than the -2-0C bracket:D:D

I got some painting of some walls done for a scratchbuilt yard office I'm making up for Exceda yard as well as playing with 'Spring'. From some notices/ads we're starting to see the beginnings of yard sale season upon us:D:p;) I've always found some surprises around here---like japanese toy cars(50's/60's) and some of my trainstuff--one fellow even gave away an entire layout for pete's sake!!!!!:eek::eek::confused:--friend I was with at the time took one look at me and said he'll take it---took the entire thing home and now it is part of an even LARGER empire in HIS basement!:):);) Keep an eye out!!:):):D

Have a good'un!!:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back