Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from taking Audrey out to a movie et al. Movie turned out to be sold out :confused:so instead took a walk in the sunshine--BONUS!!:D:D:p--through Victoria Park here and went along a strip of upscale shops called Richmond Row, did a bunch of brousing--Audrey now has her Parisienne White Shirt she was always looking for and -- of course--could never find. I found another florist shop and she ended up with some more roses. We then discovered this neat little coffee shop which of course turned out some very nice deserts :eek::eek:--which we didn't indulge in:eek::eek::p. We then went to the tiny restaurant and ended the outing with a very good dinner:D:p

KenCSX Do you think they'll get to the point that they'll be expecting us to pay with a piece of our neck? For NO service? You're here--pay us--

NYC George Hello! Bored? With this bunch?:eek::eek::D:D:rolleyes:
Nahh!-being retired just ends up being more work!:):)

Good Evening All ! Hope you all had a real nice day . Not much going on around here .Clean up continues on the downed jet and they hope to have must of it cleaned up before the storm comes in tomorrow !

Evening, everyone.

Had a pretty good attack of Meniere's this afternoon but I'm feeling better now. Lot's of fun watching the room spin around and trying not to puke. :( I was going to go up to the hobby shop north of me but I would have been driving in circles. :confused:

Jeffrey, I forgot that you had the FD radios. If your radio system is like most fire departments I've worked with, it's very reliable. I was on call 24 hours when I was with the S.O. so I took my Explorer home with me and had a portable also. We went from a very robust VHF system to a fancy new trunked system and the darned thing wouldn't work half the time from my house. I still had the VHF radio in the truck with the fire channels and there were a few times I had to go through fire dispatch when something went down to talk to anyone. :mad: I sure hope the foot isn't acting up again.

Rex, no way would I only have a cell phone. The first issue is that 911 dispatch has no idea where you're calling from with a cell phone. A landline shows up the location as soon as you dial. As I've seen over and over again, any kind of disaster will immediately bring the cell system down as the bandwidth gets exceeded. Like I said, get the cheapest plan the phone company has to keep a landline and then use your cell phone for normal day to day calls. Sounds like the signals are going to look really good. I sure wish I had your soldering skills.

George, getting retired sooner will be the best thing that ever happened to you. You'll find plenty of stuff to do - your community needs volunteers for all kinds of things. As I know only too well, take your time while you've got it because your retirement plans can change for a lot of really bad reasons. I'll foot the bill for a big stack of pancakes tomorrow and you'll feel better. :)

Corey, has your Hobby Lobby been cutting back on train stuff? I went there last week looking for scratchbuilding supplies for my church project and they had about half the MRR stuff they had six months ago including a grand total of two non-DCC Bachmann engines and 6 HO freight cars. BTW, I did paint my tracks rail brown and cleaned off the tops as I went with no problems. Still had a lot of work to do to weather them and get them looking good though.

Ken, good luck with the ops session. I think you'll find all the work gleaming the tracks will really pay off.

Phillip, strange you should be having a problem with your daughter and school. Number one told me last week she was squared away for her Nutrition test and ended up flunking it! It was Quiz Weekend for for her since she has a big Anatomy and Physiology test this week - kind of important if you want to be a nurse. She was whining about not having a social life and I told her she'd have a lot less of a social life being the best educated burger flipper at McDonald's, which is what she'll be if she doesn't bring up her grades. It took me almost seven years to get through college with a wife and two kids while working full time. she works one day a week. My sympathy level is very low. ;)

BOC, sounds like you had a pretty good time even if you didn't get to see the movie. Audrey would probably rather stare in the limpid pools of your eyes in an intimate coffee shop anyway. :D

It's been only in the mid-40's and raining here. Rex, I don't know what to think about the severe weather threat tonight and tomorrow. We should be getting warm air moving in and I see no sign of it yet. If we finally get the warm front to move through tonight and we get a few hours of sunshine in the late morning to destabilize the atmosphere, things might get dicey. If it stays cloudy, I don't think we'll get anything but rain. The really interesting thing is the chance of some snow Saturday night up your way. We'll see what Mother Nature has in store. I saw about 150 robins on my lawn this morning so they think spring is here. I'm afraid they are going to freeze their tail feathers off the next week or so. I sure am glad that stimulus bill got signed today or, who knows, the market might have been down 298 points. Oh, wait, the market was down 298 points! :rolleyes:

Good evening Gang!

Great news! Trains are now running in the basement!!!!:D Woohoo! So what if it's not roundy round. 16 feet of modules with switching is ok by me for now! Still have another 16 ft of framed under construction, but in an unheated garage(brrrrrrrr!!!), thats a spring project!
George, Welcome! Have ya met Flo and the girls yet? They can keep ya busy if you're bored. They got lotsa dirty dishes bach there, just ask Chris!
KenL, Everything is all set. Keith and I are meeting Bill for dinner, then we'll be over about 7:30. :D
Philip I feel your pain. My 13 year old and I had one of those chats today. It seems he is getting a D in Science and an F in Reading!:eek: It's not that he is stupid. his problem is he just doesn't do his work! He blows off class projects, and goes to an after-school program to help him do his homework, but then, he "forgets" to turn it in!!! Needless to say, he now understands how close he came to having a size 10 Nike in his posterior! :eek:
Jim/Rex I fired Ma Bell a few years ago. Why pay for 2 phones when you can only use 1? And the 911 issue is not an issue. When my Dad fell last year I had a choice. Leave his side to go to the other end of his house and make the call, or stay with him and get the phone on my hip. I got put through to the correct 911 service in seconds.
Jeff Enjoy the rain and prop your feet up. Life's too short, especially when you don't take care of yourself!
Corey I shoot Floquil rail brown on my tracks, followed by a wipe with laquer thinner. Paint comes right off! Just do it with the windows open!:eek:
Well, back to the workbench! Gotta get a CSX RDMT ready for tomorrow night!:)

Corey/Mikey: One trick you can use is apply a thin coating of light oil on top of the rails; paint won't stick. Just use a cotton cloth on a flat board and give it a wipe. ;)

Jim,

Hobby Lobby around here is changing their train section. They are carrying more Lionel and less scale stuff. They have almost completely quit carrying Atlas track. They now have Bachmann in it's place. Their selection of Woodland Scenics is diminishing as we speak. I'm using a gift card coupled with forty percent off coupons to purchase random ground foam until the gift card is gone. I just hope they continue carrying WS products. It's the one thing that I need to see with my eyes to know if it's right.

Rex, I had heard about covering the top with oil, but I thought it may get on the sides. I didn't want to end up wiping the paint off of the sides. Maybe I'll try using oil for when I do the turnouts.

Evening gents

Karl - I got yer latest PM, looks like everything a "go". Be sure to transport that slug of yours in a waterproof container, gonna be a wet one according to TWC. So your set of modules is morphing into a layout, eh? Excellent!

Jim - sorry to hear you had that Menieres attack. Do you get much advance warning with those? I'd hate to think what might happen if something like that hits you while you're driving :eek:

Cylinder Barry - funny how those things work out, huh? Glad she found that long-sought-after Parissienne blouse!

Rex - IIRC, a BriteBoy is ~70 grit. A bit coarse for my tastes!:D

I was in the garage making my final preps for the op session when I discovered that a number of my locos' decoder settings had been scrambled [!?] A few of them I was able to reset to the factory defaults and bring them back to normal, but one of them is being totally unresponsive. I posted a question about it accross the street, I'll see if anybody can help solve this mystery.

Evening gents

Karl - I got yer latest PM, looks like everything a "go". Be sure to transport that slug of yours in a waterproof container, gonna be a wet one according to TWC. So your set of modules is morphing into a layout, eh? Excellent!

Ken, see the picture! Except for minor touch ups, they are ready. And yes, I have a waterproof carrying case!
3 slugs. Bill's Chessie, and my CSX and Mt.Airy & Western slugs! Wow, It's gonna be sooooo cool to see the top of the workbench again!!!:eek::D

I was in the garage making my final preps for the op session when I discovered that a number of my locos' decoder settings had been scrambled [!?] A few of them I was able to reset to the factory defaults and bring them back to normal, but one of them is being totally unresponsive. I posted a question about it accross the street, I'll see if anybody can help solve this mystery.

Sorry pal, I don't speak Digitrax........if ya like, I can bring the NCE system, and have em running in a Jif!;)

02-18-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png

z24-00465.jpg

:confused::):D

Golf day

Good morning every one it’s off to the golf course today. They say it’s going to be 42 degrees that’s close enough for us. Thank God for golf.

NYC_George

Good morning folks

It was 34 F this morning as I headed out. High today will be 39 F with rain.

It has been a couple of crazy days. On Saturday we had our Cub Scout pack’s Pinewood Derby. I was very pleased with how things ran and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Sunday was Scout Sunday. Monday night our Webelos scouts had their Scoutmaster conferences with the Boy Scout troop they will be crossing over to in April. It was literally an all scout weekend. We did get a trip to the mall squeezed in and a few other things. I have been drafted into helping with the dollhouse. I have to do all the “heavy work” such as enlarging the holes for the windows and doors. My wife and daughter are doing the painting and the detail work.

Yesterday was even crazier. I never got a chance to even check the railroad forums. Work exploded from the moment I walked in until I left. We have been and will be working on several projects that are part of the economic stimulus for our state. I worked overtime last night and when I got home my wife was feeling under the weather so I had to take my daughter to her flute lesson. I got home from the lesson and had a bunch of little things to keep me busy.

Trains? I never saw any these past four or five days.

I hope everybody has a good day.

We're going to have a confusing day today.:confused:Depending on the guesser I heard this morning we could be getting snow, sleet, some hail with T'storms, freezing rain or rain, all of the above or some of everything---:confused::confused: Even our high can go from -2C to 5C--take your pick!:confused::eek::eek:

KenCSX-I'm going with the good old fashioned hiccup in the power. I've seen that happen at a friends place so often--he got sick of it and got a couple of surge bars from APC that had a line conditioner built in--funny thing is he has no problems now that he put the bars in but everyone else still thinks it's stuff like the voltage/current running through his system etc. I'm always going --it has to come from outside the system at some point--unless it is a completely self powered unit--:confused::cool: Of course, no one has an explanation for why he has no issues since he put the surge protection in but ---:rolleyes:;)

I got told to take the day off today--all out of town appointments with clients were cancelled due to poor visibility in snow north of here--so I'm going to get some layout work done today---;):D:D

Flo- one BIG cup of BLACK, BLACK coffee this morning.
If I disappear before I finish the cup, my computer connection has died.

Pouring molasses on my pancakes is faster than the broadband connection this morning.:eek:
I have been gathering signs from several sites the last week or so. I'm building a data base for billboards and commercial signage and storing it on a CD.
One site has thousands of pictures of gas stations, current and vintage. I'm gathering pre-1960 structure and signage information. but these also give me the oil, tire and other products that were at stations of the period. I had forgotten about the old soda iceboxes of Grapico and Nehi. I remember buying re-processed bulk oil in glass quart jugs with metal funnel spouts for a everyday price of $.15 per quart.

My connection is starting to fade... goodbye cruel world!

Good morning folks.

Oh boy, my wife just called to tell me that the highways are ice in the Minneapolis area. She just watched a semi fishtail and end up in the ditch. Fortunately, they are now driving five miles an hour until the traffic peels off to the north and she continues west. She now has a minivan, so no fishtailing for her anymore! We may need to try harder at getting her pregnant!:D Whenever she has a baby she's going to quit this job and find something closer to home. Less pay, but less stress and time.

I ran my trains for a while last night to make sure I had no problems with the painted rails. No problems so far(crosses fingers)! I also ran them because when I start building my valley, there will be no loopdeloops until I'm done. I have one more section to build for my trestle and it will be ready for installation. The suspense is killing me.:)

I hope you all have a good day.

Well, I got one DPM building somewhat together. On to the next one which will be connected to the first by means of an atrium. I may expand that a little by adding a smaller building behind but we'll see---:)

Flo, I'll have a coffee and a carrot muffin please, I'll sit in the back and peruse the magazines---:):)

Hi all,

Just a quick check-in before I dash out of the office. I need to get home quickly so I'll have a little extra time to get things ready for the op session. I think I've got the Digitrax mystery solved, I just need to get to the trainroom and apply the fix.

C-U-L

Good evening Gang!

They got lotsa dirty dishes bach there, just ask Chris!

Don't ask me I'm not allowed back there no more!

I ain't going in to details but.....
I had one of those days where you get mad enough to puch small defenceless animals and enjoy it with no remorse!:mad:Now where did my happy place go?:(
.....Bosses are idiots!

Other than that how's your day:confused: :) I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back