Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All ! Looks like another calm day here sweatshirt weather as long as your not out too long. My typing elbow hurts so will keep it Short and sweet. Hope you all have a real nice day !!!!

Bumpity Bump Bump!

Where is everyone:confused:? I'm watching the race that is now under rain delay:( Good race so far. Hope it restarts soon:)

The race is done with 48 laps to go! Matt Kensth won cause of rain..... dang it..........Rain! (My FAULT) I washed my car and truck this morning, which lead to it raining here!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK-- where'd everyone go?:confused:

A race won by Kensuth with 48 laps to go? Oh well. Hopefully this isn't going to be an indication that the season is a wash up:confused::)

Good evening folks.

I had a good day off. We went to early service and then out to lunch with the in-laws. I dropped the wife off and ran the errands by myself. They are sure to go much faster if they're done alone! I washed the car and then cleaned the whole interior. That hadn't been done since fall. I also picked up a few cans of spray paint so I can paint part of the bridge. I read the paper while my wife watched the race. What more could you ask for. Oh, and I grilled steaks to top it off. Not a bad day overall.

I hope you all have a good night.

Evening. I am working on cleaning up the train room right now. It has gotten rather crowded with train and computer stuff. Needs a good cleaning and organizing.

OK-- where'd everyone go?:confused:

A race won by Kensuth with 48 laps to go? Oh well. Hopefully this isn't going to be an indication that the season is a wash up:confused::)

The next race there should be some pay back getting served!:D Jr. should have his hands full, might as well paint a bulls eye on his car!

Evening all,

Sorry to see the Race got ended prematurely.

Enjoyed a great Valentines dinner out yesterday, devoured a 9oz filet mignon - cooked perfectly, man that stuff just melted right into my mouth! Good thing I phone a reservation in a day earlier - people who were just walking in were told they would have to wait 3 hours fo the next available seat. Only got 3 hours' sleep last night though, woke up at 3:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I was dog-tired most of the day; went out and ran some trains for a few hours in the afternoon, but wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I otherwise might have.

Time to go catch a few Z's, c-u-later!

I got my wife a rock for Valentine's Day, as advertised on TV.

At first, she didn't see a lot of humor in it when I handed her a rock from the yard... then started to laugh....thank God. :D

Evening, everyone.

Looks like some folks may atually be taking the holiday weekend off. :eek:

Ken, glad to hear the knee is getting better.

BOC, sorry about Audrey and I hope she feels better. I'm sure watchng a DVD and playing with the dog wasn't really what you wanted to be doing.;)

Jeffrey, no rain here, at least until Wednesday.

Andrew, both you and Paul ended up with bunged up typing arms? Must be a conspiracy. Those kit moving gnomes are apparently international since we've got them down here. That plus the tool moving and screw losing gnomes. :mad:

Chris, enjoy the races while you can. It looks like Tuesday is going to be D-Day for GM. They are either going to somehow convince Congress to give them another $18 billion to stay in business or file for bankruptcy. The days of NASCAR may be shortly coming to an end.

Corey, my car is filthy. If you want to warm up some, come on down and give it a good cleaning. I'll make you some steaks. :cool:

Ken, sounds like a wonderful dinner. We went to our favorite Italian place that doesn't take reservations and it was about an hour's wait. I will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night like that too. I know I must be worried about something when I do but half the time I have no idea what it is. I've gone down to the basement to work on the layout a few times when that happens but the results are uniformly dreadful the next day so now I just read old MR's.

Rex, you're lucky you have an understanding wife. :)

Nice day here with a high of 71. A dry front has gone through this evening and the temperature is down to 42 with 28 mph winds, which makes for a pretty nippy wind chill. Never fear, though, looks like back up in the 70's again Wednesday with some thunderstorms, hopefully not too bad.

Evening, everyone.

Chris, enjoy the races while you can. It looks like Tuesday is going to be D-Day for GM. They are either going to somehow convince Congress to give them another $18 billion to stay in business or file for bankruptcy. The days of NASCAR may be shortly coming to an end.

Well, I want my bail out $$$$$! I can't afford to hold my weekly turtle races on the back porch unless I gets my moneys;)LOL"S

Trust me Jim, NASCAR has see it fair share of bad economys in it's 51 years. And I don't think it's just going to go belly up over night if a couple of manufactures file c11! It's would be like the NFL or Collage foot ball going belly up if a couple of teams filed C11! Ain't going to happen(I'd better not go any further) Political Editing you know;):D

I got my wife a rock for Valentine's Day, as advertised on TV.

At first, she didn't see a lot of humor in it when I handed her a rock from the yard... then started to laugh....thank God. :D

Heck I got you beat!

I got my wife a shiny new mop a few years back:eek:!

and After getting hit with the rock she thrown at me, life was better!:)
she brings that mop gift up every now and then and she laughs at it as a reminder to me to not be stupid. Why is it women can give us tools to help us do those Honey do list......but, when we return the favor we get scorned and hit with rolled up news papers:confused:!

02-16-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png

:p:eek::confused::eek:

Good morning.

It's 44 and clear, first time in a week. The high should be around the high 50's and it will become mostly cloudy later.

Got fed up with cable tv rates going up and up and the service going down and down. I called Dish Network on Friday and the system was installed and operational by Saturday evening. I got the America's top 250 plan so I now get RFDTV as well as a load of other good channels I didn't have before and for under $60. With cable I was paying $69 for 89 channels, most of which were shopping, special interest, news and (yuck) political channels. I'm keeping the cable internet service. What does this have to do with trains? I already have the DVR set up to record all episodes of 'Trains and Locomotives' on RFDTV and all episodes of 'Working on the Railroad' on DIY, so there. Hopefully today the ground will be firm enough that I can move some gravel to my sewage drainage field ditches. The almost constant rain we've been having really put a crimp in that operation.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/16/2009

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NE

Today High: 58 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the evening...then a 30 percent chance after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0507.jpg

Good Mid-Morning. We're going to a high of -1C in a mix of sun/cloud with snowflurries thrown in for variety. Tonights low is supposed to be -9C. Tomorrow will be about the same---;);)

UP2CSX It looks more like tomorrow we'll be going out. Whatever she came down with seems to be gone--kinda:):)-BTW Spring is a 6lb cat who acts more like a charging rhinoceros sometimes--:D:D

I'm going to go after a couple of DPM buildings and see whether I can combine them with a 'post-modern' building stuck between the two. I've got this idea of also lighting them in such a way that they'll look like the people living in the apartments above are coming home and turning the lights on in their places in a random order. Big idea--one step at a time---:eek::confused::):)

Well, there must be a lot of folks out enjoying Presidents Day in the US.
Some of us have to work anyway!
I accomplished nothing noteworthy with trains over the weekend, but I did get the last of the 90% off, after Christmas sale items put away.
I did find a couple Santa hats with blinking white lights for $.50 each. I'll probably remove the blinker and use the wired bulbs to light some town buildings.
Does anyone know if VWs were a lime-green metalic color in the US in the late 50's? Yeah, I guess I should repaint all four of the 1/87th Hot Wheels VW cars I found for $1.00 each at Wallywuld.
Y'all have a nice day, yah hear?

Remember what I said about the cable service raising rates and reducing services? Well they did it again! Up until a week ago I had high speed internet at 3mb download speed for $42. Well now I'm told they did away with the 3mb speed package and I'm now paying $42 for 1mb download speed. Talk about getting ripped off!! To get high speed again I have top pay $60 for their 6mb service! Man! I'm madder than a whole nest of wet hornets!!

I got to work on my benchwork Saturday. I was able to complete two of the three top sections of my benchwork. Now I just have to start working on the lower level so I can put everything together.

Speaking of Valentine's, or women's birthdays or whatever, you can't think like a guy when it comes to gifts. While we love stuff to help us with work (flashlights, tools, etc.) they generally want things that aren't helping them or reminding them of work. No sewing machines, vacuums, dishwashers, brooms, mops, whatever. Unless you know better (meaning, you're a good and trained husband), think of things that make them feel good or feel nice. Spa visits, manicure/pedicures, etc. are winners. For feel nice, nice clothes, including underwear. Men tend to think of two things about women's underwear: the skimpier the better or the more utilitarian the better. Well, put down your Fredrick's of Hollywood catalogs and find out what your wife likes. Few want to wear the stuff we like, and we'd probably not like it either if we had to wear it. For utilitarian, no one looks good in a long-sleeved flannel nightgown, much less feels nice wearing it. Something in between will serve you well, but keep the receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back