Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Come on in guys and gals we are having a grand old time in the new and improved Coffee Shop. Drinks are on me today Flo. Let the other girls know that Gramps is a buyin.

Hello--it seems a mite bigger in here--:D

I'm getting tomorrow off so that I can clean up the mess a tree falling back there can do. I got a friend with a portable sawmill coming to cut the trunk and a couple of huge branches into Maple lumber---:p

Have a good evenin'

Well, the grand total for today was 480 customrs out of telephone service. Bad, but not as bad as AT&T. They had over 5000 out. I have all but 5 of them up and running now. Crews will be working through the night and maybe tomorow will be a better day in my office. Today was brutal.

Phillip Verizon was out here at noon today to reset the pole. Glendia said they did the digging by hand. No wonder the thing blew over there was only about 18" in the ground and with the snow/rain and wind I hope there are not anymore cause I almost hit it, sure was glad I had my navigator with me.

Come on in guys and gals we are having a grand old time in the new and improved Coffee Shop. Drinks are on me today Flo. Let the other girls know that Gramps is a buyin.

Wow, it looks a bit bigger, and even smells new!:) And WOW, no gum under the table!
Nice! :D
Coffee would be good Flo, I spent all day out in the garage , even with the weatherstripping, that cold air still sneaks under the door!

Good... Morning I suppose.

So last night I managed to mess up my knee. I had to grab something out of my car and hit my knee on the rear door when I did so. Now I can't walk up or down stairs, and standing up or sitting down is extremely painful. Walking is a chore too.

And I have a high pain tolerance. And I am supposed to go film some stuff today that requires tons of walking around. I hope I didn't really hurt anything.

02-13-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png

;):):mad::eek:

Good morning.

It's 58 and cloudy. The high will be in the upper 60's with a chance of thunderstorms.

The plan for today is to get a few more loads of gravel moved, provided I get the gas for the tractor and the weather doesn't interfere. I may be able to start on the foundation skirting for the north engine house today. I have the foamboard for it, just have to cut it into pieces of the proper size. Gluing a brick pattern onto them won't be a problem.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/13/2009

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SSE

Through 6 AM...isolated to scattered showers will continue to develop over the coastal waters and move northeast into parts of southeast Texas and southern Louisiana. The heaviest showers will be moving northeast into locations generally south of a line from De Ridder to Opelousas...including Lake Charles...Moss Bluff...Jennings...and Kinder. Due to their rapidmotion...rainfall amounts in the heavier showers will generally be around one to two tenths of an inch.

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0574.jpg

Good morning

Phillip and Larry - hope everything settles down soon in Indiana. I'm amazed that the phone company only dug an 18" deep pit for a utility pole!

Dan - hope the knee is doing better today

Karl - I know what you mean about those leaks, they drive me nuts

Only 5 linear feet of polishing left to do! :cool: Now to clean those freight car wheels...

Mornin Gang!
My eyes are open now:eek:, woohoo! Check out the new waitresses!!! Thanks for hiring them Bill!
I came in here just wanting some coffee, suddenly now I'm hungry! :D
Um, Dan, You might want to get that checked, before you do a lot of walking on it. No sense doing more damage to it and being laid up for weeks. (Don't ask me how I know this:()
If the weather co-operates and the wind dies down, I'll get some new module frames put together today, if not, plan B trackplanning the new modules! Either way it's play time until 3, when I pick my son up from school to spend the weekend. The ex claims he's getting to be too much to handle, he's flippant, arguementative, and moody. He won't do what he is asked and fights with his older bros (18 & 19). Funny thing is he is NOT that way with me. But he is 13 (going on 18) and he's off school til Wednesday, so I'm thinking I'll keep him til then. A little mini-vacation from Mom might be just what he needs. :cool:

And a good morning to the new waitresses--:):)

The weather here is for some snowflurries--now that 2" of the stuff fell on us overnight-they're telling drivers to be careful of ice on the roads ag'in. Our so called high was -1C going to -5C this afternoon then the low at -10C. Our so called normal for this time of year:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got the phonecall from friend with the portable sawmill--we're going to be cutting up what was left of the maple tree that fell during the windstorm we had yesterday---:cool:;)

Phil / Larry Only 18"?! They do about 26-30" here!--of course it may be they think that is a small pole so---:confused:

Dan Get the knee checked out. One really doesn't know about these things---whistling away here---;)

Just set up an appointment with Dish Network. Cable is getting way to expensive. My monthly rate has gone up $15+ to bring my bill to $111+ in the last two months with no improvement in service. I will be dropping the cable tv service but I'll keep the internet service for my high speed broadband and my Magic-Jack phone service.

Wow, Flo, I like what you have done to the place.
Just don't let Chris handle the new waitresses, keep him all to yourself. Heh heh!
He keeps talking about the day he got to wash dishes for you....

I just stopped for a quick cup of Java to go, please. Evidentily, others like the new look, too.

Afternoon ALL! We have had a truly horrific accident here in Buffalo . An airplane crashed 12 miles form om home on is way to our airport at 10:00 P.M. last night killing all 49 people on board and a man who was in his house . This is a real sad time for us here and my prayers go out to all the families . Makes you real take stock on how life can be put out out just that . Hoes you all have a good day !!

Hi everyone! Nice place Flo; the curtains are a little frilly but...uh..cute. Please, next time bring the corner bench seat that I always sit on. It just starts getting broke in and then you move.

Just came from trying to get the "Bama Boys" lease trained. Dang, what a job. We have been doing this for a week now and they do better, well...for a few minutes.

BOC: Setting telephone poles 26"?? I set fence posts near that deep.. How about 4+ feet.

Jeff: you will like Sat much better than cable. We have been on DirectTV for around 20 years. Make sure you get the local channels.

CJ: Finally got me an F/C caboose to build. Don't know why I always kept forgetting to order one.

KenL: When you finish your track, it will be time for you to make a another visit to T-town. I will let you stay in the travel trailer as work compensation. :D

Dan: Hope the knee is better and you didn't chip a bone.

Paul: Read about the plane accident. Didn't realize it was in your area. Terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back