Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Had to go down and look after my mother at 7:30 pm. Got back home 11:00 pm. Just keeping from falling was hard. Not feeling good right now.

Time to call it a night, or a morning depending where you are. See y'all later.

Image16.jpg

Hi Jeffrey, Hope you get to feeling better.

I just found out today I have an infected tooth and that has probably been causing some of my problems of my system fighting the infection.

Your backdrop sure adds to your layout.

Good Morning

We are going to see some more sun today...high of 37F is expected...right now we are sitting at...oh....24F....

Going to be a bit quieter in the runnin' 'roun' doin' stuff department...which is a good thing. All I got on the agenda today is a few household gotta dos and some traintime....heeheehee....

Have a good day!!!

Good Morning

We are going to see some more sun today...high of 37F is expected...right now we are sitting at...oh....24F....

Going to be a bit quieter in the runnin' 'roun' doin' stuff department...which is a good thing. All I got on the agenda today is a few household gotta dos and some traintime....heeheehee....

Have a good day!!!

Funny, I've been noticing how the temps where you live are mirroring the same numbers we are getting here, only difference ours are in C not F.

(37C = 98.6F) :confused::p:mad: (the red face isn't angry, just what mine will look like by the end of the week, 'cause the forecast is for 6 days of it, fweewie)

Funny, I've been noticing how the temps where you live are mirroring the same numbers we are getting here, only difference ours are in C not F.

(37C = 98.6F) :confused::p:mad: (the red face isn't angry, just what mine will look like by the end of the week, 'cause the forecast is for 6 days of it, fweewie)

:eek::eek::D:D:D

Good morning. It's 41° with 95% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 62°.
cond026.gif

It;s on the cool side here with a northeast wind coming off the lake. I may work on the layout a bit today. There are no projects I want to work on right now. The grain elevator still isn't complete but I just don't feel like tackling that right now. There are other smaller things I can work on but I just don't want to get wrapped up in any one thing at this time.

Oops!! State Farm ain't never gonna believe this!
P1010345.jpg

Got my day torpedoed before it even started! Got out everything I needed to start work on a project when my father calls. Needs me to look after my mother for a little while so he can go get a few things done. Sure, no problem. That was about 11:30 am. Here it is almost 9:00 pm at their place! I just her to bed a little while ago. Now I have to get the kitchen straight and finish some laundry. What happened to my father? He didn't there was a twelve hour work shift involved! He gets off at 11:15 tonight. I've already told him he owes me $80. If I'm going to work as a nurse I'm darn well gonna get paid for it!! My time is worth something! This also means I'll be out of commission tomorrow. I'm already hurting bad and tomorrow I'll be worse.

Time to call it a day. I may be on again tomorrow.

Image1-1.jpg

Good morning. It's 41° with 95% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 62°.
cond026.gif

It;s on the cool side here with a northeast wind coming off the lake. I may work on the layout a bit today. There are no projects I want to work on right now. The grain elevator still isn't complete but I just don't feel like tackling that right now. There are other smaller things I can work on but I just don't want to get wrapped up in any one thing at this time.

P1010345.jpg

Why is it always tank cars?

Good morning. It's 41° with 95% humidity.

P1010345.jpg

But you can rest assured you'll be well taken care of, right? As soon as they finish figuring out how to finagle out of their liability!

Oh, don't attempt to hold your breath waiting for any results.

Good Morning...

Going to be cold and dull as per usual today...high of 36F expected...right now we are sitting at 26F....

Got some doctor appointments to deal with today as well as the ICD clinic...yay...a day of doctor appointments...who said getting old was easy?:eek::rolleyes:

Good morning from Howell, NJ. Temperature was 21F at 0600. Looks like a nice day for out door decoration and clean-up.

Good morning. It's 33° with 100% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 65°.

Nothing special planned for today. I have an intense pain right between my shoulder blades. I'm hoping that'll fade before noon. I'll probably be going to town later to make a bank deposit. There it is. The possible schedule for my exciting day.

P1010344.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 34 F when I hit the pavement this morning. Our high is supposed to be 45 F.

I have not had time to post the past few weeks. I have been lurking and reading the forum pretty much every day.

The recent round of insanity started a couple of weeks ago with my daughter’s club volleyball tryouts. Originally we thought we would have a Saturday and Sunday to deal with. Boy, were we wrong. The process stretched out for close to a week. Things started on Saturday with tryouts in Delaware. (Delaware is in a different region than Pennsylvania and their tryout period started a day ahead of Pennsylvania.) She tried out for two different clubs. She got an offer from one and a waitlist from the other. Sunday was Pennsylvania’s turn. Three tryouts were on the agenda. First one went well but there were not enough 17 and 18’s there to form a team. Second one was canceled at the last minute. Third one was at the club she has played for the past three years. We showed up and found a person still associated with the club that under no circumstances would my daughter play for. Also there were a couple of former teammates present that my daughter refused to play on the same team again. We almost left but her best friend from last year’s team showed up and she decided to stay in order to play together. Now the fun begins. She got a call back from the second Delaware club. They wanted her to try out for the 18 team. Then she got emails from three clubs that she did not initially try out for wanting her to come and try out for their teams. We are then on the road for the next several nights. In the end she is playing for the Delaware team that asked her to come back for their 18 year old team. It is actually the one she wanted except she is on the 18’s not the 17’s. Practices start Monday night.

My son wrapped up his freshman football season. However, he missed the last game due to being on field trip for school. Good thing he did as there was an ugly incident at the end of game. The game was against the Catholic High School down the street. My kids’ high school is racially diverse and is the fourth or fifth largest in the state. Apparently during the game the other team’s players were making racial comments and slurs. It all came to a head at the end of the game and a bench clearing brawl broke out. The entire team got called down to the Principal’s Office the next day. All my son could say was “Thank God I wasn’t there.”

I am waiting for the check from the insurance company for the damages to the house from Sandy. I am still trying to find a competent contractor to do the repairs.

This weekend will be nuts. We are heading out to the Pittsburg area to visit a college and talk to a volleyball coach. The next day my daughter will be appearing in a college recruiting showcase at California University of Pennsylvania.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Back