Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Good morning. It's 41° with 97% humidity. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 75°.
pcloudy-1.jpg

No plans for today. I'll be watching my mother this morning. Thanksgiving dinner at my sisters place later. Spend the evening recovering.

IMAG0011.jpg

Good Morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope everyone here has wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. If you are traveling today be safe and buckle up. Take care guys have a good Thanksgiving. William.:cool:.

Good Morning

Here we are enshrouded in dear old fog again...currently sitting at 45F going for 56F later in the day...

We got finished with the decorating last night....now all we need to do is wait for chaos to develop here with the tourists... For the past few years we have had this Xmas Walk in our area .... this year, 12 houses on the tour...getting a little busy here....

Anyways...have a great Thanksgiving...and be safe out there!!!:):)

Good morning, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all! In-laws from Alabama are visiting this week so we're hosting the dinner. So not much train time today, if any.

I bit the bullet and decided to retire my old Dell optiplex tower. It's served me well over the 8 years I've had it, but it is horrendously SLOW and takes forever to load a web page. But I got a rude awakening when I checked all the local electronics stores, and found that the only trusted-brand machines on the shelves now are those with Windows 8 installed.:mad: Forget that! I've always had a bad experience whenever I bought a machine with a newly-released version of Windows on it, Microsoft hadn't worked all the bugs out of it yet. On top of that, certain open-source freeware that I use, like XtrkCad & DecoderPro, probably aren't yet available for Win8. So I went online and ordered an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7 on it. They all seem to get high ratings (4.5 out of 5) in the reviews, and my son [who's very picky about computers] has had a Pavilion for 2 years and is quite happy with it.

Bon appetit, keep a good supply of Maalox and Pepto Bismal on hand - you'll probably need it!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I bit the bullet and decided to retire my old Dell optiplex tower. So I went online and ordered an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7 on it. They all seem to get high ratings (4.5 out of 5) in the reviews, and my son [who's very picky about computers] has had a Pavilion for 2 years and is quite happy with it.
Ken, I have a brand new one month old windows 7, HP Pavilion desktop tower and monitor ($398 Walmart)....basic....nothing fancy...AMD duel-core, 4 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive....and I like it. Two days after I got this one.....Staples dropped the price $200 on a better quad-core pavilion bundle I had also looked at. Just glad I didn't pay full price for that one a week earlier....even though I missed out on a slightly better machine at sale price. It always happens.

I have a six year old hp pavilion winXP wireless laptop that is my main computer. It should be obsolete and worn out.....not much memory.....but it just keeps working good enough to use everyday.

Mike

Well I had the job of watching my mother this morning. That extended into the afternoon. My father finally got in from work and I headed up to my sisters place for Thanksgiving dinner. So it just her and I there for a while. We had a chance to talk about some of the things that have been going on. Presently my father arrived followed by my niece and her husband. My mother wasn't there for the very good reason there was no way she could walk there. My niece was determined that this family was having Thanksgiving dinner together so she and her husband went down, put her into her chair and hauled her up the hill to my sisters place. She wasn't a happy camper but she made the best of it. The dinner was great. I should know. I had three plate fulls. We were expecting more guests but there's been a bug going around and some were sick and had to miss out. My sisters husband wasn't there. He had to work all day. He was already 50+ hours for the week and this further overtime is going to look good on the paycheck. All told there were just under a dozen people there.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010012.jpg

Good morning. It's 55° with 92% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 68°.
cond30.jpg

I might do a little work on the layout today. The track is clear but there's still stuff that needs to be put away, tossed out, tossed into a box or tossed aside and ignored. The main plan today is to recover from yesterday. No way am I going anywhere even remotely close to town. Those wild and crazy Black Friday shoppers will be out in force and that bunch takes no prisoners. Maybe I'll go over to my sisters place later and pick up some leftovers.

Earthquake in New Jersey? N.J. News says so.

P1010655-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 55° with 92% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 68°.
cond30.jpg

Earthquake in New Jersey? N.J. News says so.

After the super storm followed by a foot of snow, what we don't need is an earthquake. It was reported as a small rumble in Southern NJ., near Clementon (on the PRSL). We did not feel it here in Central NJ though.

Hi all,
Glad to hear everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

I was invited over to my RR buddy John's place in Raymond for T/D and they even sent me home with a care package so I enjoyed another T/D tonight too and still have more left!

I would have wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving yesterday but was running late to head over to their place and only got the chance to post on the regular forum.

Well now it will be Christmas in 30 days as this officially starts the Holiday season!

Take care and enjoy this time of year as best we can.

Say Jeffrey, I was so busy looking at the RR buildings etc surrounding your park scene I totally missed the Ball Park Mike pointed out.

After the super storm followed by a foot of snow, what we don't need is an earthquake. It was reported as a small rumble in Southern NJ., near Clementon (on the PRSL). We did not feel it here in Central NJ though.

Always ask for the bulk discount.:p

Back