Coastal Overland build

ctclibby

Hi Guys and Gals!
Finally got the dang room done ( enough ). I can't believe how slow I am just because ima older. Well, I don't think ima older, but folks tell me "it's so"; so that could be most of the problem. Anyway take a look at Coastal Overland as I have posted pix and text of what I did. Next is dealing with the lower level bench work with the idea of getting something running around the room.

A side note: I have come to the conclusion that creating a detailed track plan just isn't worth it. No matter what; it seems that you try to build to your plan, then you end up going back to the plan to fix stuff. I have decided to skip that step and do a general area plan that shows track space, clearances and isleways. Should be easier to keep within the boundries ... right? Besides, 1:1 railroads do not really have a detailed plan until the actual route and alignment is caste in stone. Now I only have to keep inside those track space areas. I hope to have the general plan up on the site soon.

If ya don't remember, wife got new parts: hip. Muscle pain lasted about 10 days after the knife. She is out of her walker and even looses the cane every once in a while. We are looking at the end of April to get back on the road again. Company is NOT gonna like us as we decided that we do not want to drive in winter. Suspect that we will get off the road about Turkey Day and back again next year in March/April. Then we will be done after that. Time will tell. Oh and we are hearing crap from some of the drivers we keep in touch with. Most shipper and receivers will NOT let a driver in the wharehouse to pee or ? Trucks into Calif have to be washed down with Lysol (?sp) Thanks China!

And finally ( if there is such a thing ), I have been updating the website so expect things to go bump in the Ether.

todh

Back