Coal Yard

BNSF4723

Hi I am making an Ho Coal yard and I need somephotos too help me get started.Dose anyone have spme pics they can post here for me so I can get some Ideas.My Model Trains are Modeled in the 1950's-1960's.So in that time era would be very helpful.Thanks For Reading My Topic.

here pic :
poc_image12.jpg

poca0001.jpg

http://www.stuttgart-modelrailroaders.de/ sorry in German

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BNSF, I don't know if this is your cup of tea, ;) although it's far from finished its an " Empties in / Loads out" concept with trackage to the coal fired power plant in back of it. A hilly countryside will hide the plant from the mine (hopefully :confused: ) and a bit more trackage will be added for the mining materials.

Excellent and beautiful work Harry, I like it

Cheers Willis

here Coal Yard Layout , Picture comes from Sinsheim/Germany fair 2006

:
coal_yard2.jpg

Hi Harry how Tall is this Ho new River Mining Co.I would like too know the Size of it in Inches,Feet.Thanks Harry for the Photos.

Hey Willies how can it be 938/ Tall no way,I mean the part the has the Structure that goes up and has 3 Parts too it.The Tallest Part.In the Picthat Harry Posted for me.The one on the far left top of the Builing that has the Conveyor going into the Trees.Also I am ordering one from Walthers.So I have a Rock piece that is Brown.So I want too hve the Conveyor goinng into that Rock,What color should it be if it is going too be a Coal Building.Thanks for everyone's Reply too This Topic.

Hey Willies how can it be 938/ Tall no way,
:confused:

OK ( nine inches plus three eights of an inch tall) its also on the box and I measured it, so yep it is 9 3/8 inches high :D

Cheers Willis

Ok Thanks Willis,For the Replies.I order one from Walther's few days ago,I'll just half too wait till I get it an put her together.

Back