Coal Tower blueprints

fsm1000

Stephen
Hello everyone. I am looking for blueprints of a coal tower.
I work in On30 but the scale does not matter as I can change that easily enough.
It needs to be wooden, not steel or concrete.
Serve one track.
Thin front to back preferred.
Kind of small as in built for a small RR not a mega RR.

I hope someone has one, it would greatly help me out.
If you have one and can post it here or email it to me that would be great.
Thanks ahead of time.
:)

Almost forgot, if you are new to this, try out my website. It is all free and I have been told I give good advice.
Give it a try. As I build I will continue to add more.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com

Enjoy and have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome.
I hope someone can help me too.
Last layout I had the ceiling fell in on it and the room. I lost a few things. Some papers was one of them along with a few blueprints.
Hence the need for them.
I have other blueprints for water towers etc. I am only missing this one.

Thanks again to any one who tries to help.
:D

Josh thanks anyway. After being in this about 40 years I know that paying for anything will get you anything. I was just hoping someone might have one is all.

Thanks anyhow though.

Stephen,

You may want to check out another discussion forum website, The Gauge. There is a section of their website devoted to the greatest tutorials posted there called The Academy. Check it out here:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

It may not contain exactly what you're looking for, but I'll bet you can get in the ballpark.

fsm1000 said:
Josh thanks anyway. After being in this about 40 years I know that paying for anything will get you anything. I was just hoping someone might have one is all.

Thanks anyhow though.
If you find any on MR's magazine Article index, You can ask around for someone to scan that article for you too, might catch someone that doesn't know they have drawings.

I'll do a search of what I have here, maybe I can find something, I should have my scanner in a month or so.

Josh

RCH said:
Stephen,

You may want to check out another discussion forum website, The Gauge. There is a section of their website devoted to the greatest tutorials posted there called The Academy. Check it out here:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

It may not contain exactly what you're looking for, but I'll bet you can get in the ballpark.

Great link - I had a second to quickly browse through, and it look like it has a lot of great tutorials. Thanks

jbaakko That was the idea of posting in forums LOL. Thanks for looking I appreciate it a lot.
If you have the time and a fast internet pop over to my site and look around. I am trying to make a journal so to speak and tech others as I go along.
Thanks again for looking.

Ryan Harris Thanks, I aleady belong there but I saw nothing on drawings or blueprints etc on coaltowers like I wanted.
It is a nice site just the same though.
Thanks for trying, I appreciate it. :)

Well then, that didn't work...

How about searching here and checking the results with drawings:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/pp/pphome.html

Some of the results may even have photos that will get you in the ballpark.

Another thing I just thought of is a book I used to have as a kid by Willard Anderson, "Easy to Build Model Railroad Structures" published in 1958. Don't be scared by that publishing date - the articles and drawings might not be detailed enough to build the prototype structure, but they will get you started on a model. If you can track down this book, I think you'll find it useful for a number of reasons, not just the coal tower. I sure wish I could find my old copy.... :)

Ryan Harris been there as well. I haven't exactly been sitting on my duff. I am not THAT lazy LOL.
It has 28 pages of coal tower related info pages with about 500 drawings and picture. Yet not one of them is a wooden one. OOps sorry, there are 2 drawings of a wooden one. Other than that nothing.

So yeah, I been there as well.
Oh well. I do however want to say thanks once again for all of the effort you are putting in here. I really do appreciate it a lot.

Thanks again.

Ok everyone, someone else on another forum was able to send me blueprints of what I wanted.
Thanks to everyone who tried to find me some.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
If you still want to continue, go for it. I am sure someone here could also use them.
Thanks again for all of the efforts and support. :)

Back