CN passenger car

Hi !

It's ok , i will go for the non A/C like describted in the instruction.

Thanks !

I wish I noticed this post earlier. Very informative.
I put together this model without the mechanical brine system and I model 1956! Oh well, I'm sure I can pop off what is required and put the proper stuff on under the undercarriage if required.
I'm in the middle of putting together the 80' paired window coach.
On my branchline layout, it will be at the end of a train followed by an RPO, reefer, steam generator unit, and an old diesel without a steam generator.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too much tweaking to do

Here's two shots of how mine is coming along. Almost done. I had to do a lot of tweaking to get it together.

Cheers.

I had enough with this kit and threw it out. I will never buy another one of their passenger cars again. THis is the second kit I had problems with. One of the walls was warped; the car sat too high off the trucks and had to do some major filing; The finicky trucks are too just too hard to get squared after assembling them in order to prevent them wobbling; the roof didn't fit properly and a poor paint job. I could go on and on, but I'll say that their sleeper car, was a fine model and went together well.
I hope some day Rapido makes a heavyweight coach. In the meantime, I'll put my sleeper in a display case and stick to running my freight cars, my RDC, and doodlebug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back