CMX Track Cleaning Car

Have just gotten MY N Scale CMX Car and it is as expected - working it's way around my wife's small layout with the help of my F7 A and B units and picking up stuff that the alcohol didn't. I am using Acetone in the tank with no problems so far.

Greg,

Did as you suggested and kept the "Fill Cap" a little loose and the drip rate was much easier to set. My only issue is with filling the tank. The syringe for doing so is just a little too large diameter wise and really needs to be a little narrower so it sat in the fill hole leaving a slight gap around it's edge for air.

Have just gotten MY N Scale CMX Car and it is as expected - working it's way around my wife's small layout with the help of my F7 A and B units and picking up stuff that the alcohol didn't. I am using Acetone in the tank with no problems so far.

Greg,

Did as you suggested and kept the "Fill Cap" a little loose and the drip rate was much easier to set. My only issue is with filling the tank. The syringe for doing so is just a little too large diameter wise and really needs to be a little narrower so it sat in the fill hole leaving a slight gap around it's edge for air.

Congrats, Tony! I toast your new purchase with a frothy Guinness! :D Maybe two. The CMX did come with instructions, yes? All you need to know is there. And here in the Colonies, it's (it is) "its" (possessive) as in "...its way around."

GNMT76 (aka Mark)

Yep (hic) it did come with (hic) instructions (hic) :)

Ooops, I missed that grammatical error sigh ... one too many pints maybe? (hic)

Greg,

Thanks and yep, everything is looking better and engines are running (or seem to be) better, smoother with NO hesitations anywhere!

Thanks for the alternative syringe link too I'll look into getting something like that definitely.

You are a wise man then .... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back