Clubs and hobby shops around Greensboro, NC?

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
I'm moving to that area in a few weeks. Does anybody know of any clubs in that area? Also, naturally, I'll be looking for a "new" LHS in that area as well. Not looking for experiences with any particular one, but if you know of any, please post here. If anybody thinks there's something I should know about them, please PM me.

Terry

I found this in a google search: http://www.carolinamodelrr.org/
Thanks, it's a good start. I know about the Little Choo Choo Shop in Spencer, but would like to find something less than 50 miles away as far as a LHS. The 'net and Yellow Pages . com are giving me zip, except for a couple of Lionel dealers. Obviously, they aren't going to cut it...;)
Maybe I can combine a day visiting my nephew that lives in Salisbury with a visit to Spencer Shops, and then the Choo Choo shop across the street. Sounds like every trip would be a full day.:rolleyes:

not sure if this will help...Can't remember how close you are to the "Antique Barn" or if you've already researched it, but it is in Wilson, NC. I have never been there, but some of my friends from VA. find it to be good enough to drive there every chance they can get, 4 whole hours down south! Good luck!

-Rich

cubs greensboro

i have been to little choo choo in spencer it is a pretty good shop a little small. also the barn in wilson it good a rather large. it has been a couple of years though gary.

I grew up over in the Piedmont of NC. Virtually all of the LHSes in the Triad have gone out of business. Their was one up in King up until recently, and it may have closed (alot closer to Greensboro than Spencer, so it might be worth investigating). Little Choo Choo is the best Ive found and its about 45 min from me in Charlotte and prob about the same for GSO. The place in Wilson is going to be a 2+ hour drive for you.

Okay, thanks for the tips. We're here now, so I'll just have to "search and destroy" for one. There's a train show an hour or so away on the 10th of April, maybe the people there will be able to give me some direction.

Back