Close ups of some buildings in progress

Here are some close ups of some things in progress.

100_0489.jpg

My slaughter house and stockyard

100_0502.jpg

An ice house and outhouse

100_0503.jpg

Home heating oil facility.

100_0501.jpg

closeup of a handlaid rock wall.

100_0500.jpg

Gravel road into town.

100_0539.jpg

Pictures3-10-7071.jpg

Handlaid stone wall.

100_0497.jpg

Woodland Scenics chicken coop.

100_0498.jpg

Woodland Scenics Ernie's Fruit Stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're hand holding your camera in some of your shots, as they appear to be suffering from motion blur. Get yourself a tripod or at least rest the camera on something solid. Use the self timer to trip the shutter, to prevent movement when you press the shutter button.

Check out my website on model railroad photography for more tips and suggestions: http://arailfan.googlepages.com/

Looks like you're hand holding your camera in some of your shots, as they appear to be suffering from motion blur. Get yourself a tripod or at least rest the camera on something solid. Use the self timer to trip the shutter, to prevent movement when you press the shutter button.

Check out my website on model railroad photography for more tips and suggestions: http://arailfan.googlepages.com/

Yes I do and I have the kodak book in my hand now trying to figure out the darn thing. And a good pod is next. Thanks.

That retaining wall rocks! [pun intended :rolleyes:] Rock painting is another thing I haven't mastered yet...

I agree with the others about the tripod and shutter delay - I'd be totally lost without them on mine.

I have never been satisfied with casting walls and coloring them. I bought broken bags of paver gravel at Lowes and sift it out to get the right size. I do my ballast and road gravel in the same batch.

The shutter speed was set with a delay I think that got me more than anything. Am gonna redo some soon.

And thanks to all for the posts.

Some new additions I have never posted. And I repaired the original photos. Enjoy!!!

100_0599.jpg

Woodland Scenics Treehouse.

100_0597.jpg

Woodland Scenics Billboard.

Pictures3-10-7073.jpg

Yes I individually planted the sunflowers from the Busch kits that my Mom put together for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opps, sorry, when you said your mom put the flower kits together, I made the obviously erroneous assumption you were a youngster. Whatever your age, it's still nice work. :)

LOL, Jim its all good, I am 47. My Mom loves to come help with her tri-focals, magnifier and my flood light. The sunflowers is one of the projects she took on and has done some others as well.
She does this while Dad runs the train so he can test cars. I have him run the trains with a bright orange caboose so he can tell if he loses any cars.
I know things are going well when I hear mom say "Wow that little piece went flying". I look up to see what she is talking about only to see the orange caboose being pushed by the streamer with 3 or 4 cars in front of it.
I love it and wouldnt change a thing!!!!

Excellent detailing going on. I'm still amazed at that rock wall.
Sounds like you and your folks have a grand time. Wonderful!

Back