CIGARBOX/round buildings

pensive grandpa

Someone posted a link to a reference similar to "'CIGARBOX" - the links were of oldstyle buildings (1900's or so) and the bulidings were stone finished - can you enlighten me please to find this kind of beautiful realistic houses/buildings stations etc - I hate the "plastic" look!
ALSO
I am wanting to create some rounded buildings from scratch with Thatched roofs any ideas ???

thanks so much

I have no idea about the cigarbox. For the thatch, try forming the roof shape with epoxy putty or similar, then brush it with a stiff toothbrush to get the thatch lines in. If you really want to make the thatch realistic, I guess you could lay some static grass down on it, and then knock it down flat before the glue dries.

I don't know about cigar boxes but:

Try AC Moores or Michaels for small little tiny "crafts brooms" for your "thatch". There was a pic of some on another forum, that's what reminded me of them.

Any round cardboard container will do. Depending on size you want here are some ideas: round salt box, round Stove Top Stuffing box, round Oatmeal box...that comes in two sizes.... they are "cheap and easy".

Then there is round pipes at the hardware store. THey come in several diameters too.

For the stone look I used to have links to stone wall photos that I can't find right off hand now that one could print off the computer and paste onto anything they wanted to give a stone look to. Try a google search for "stone wall photos". They come in a variety of stone sizes to choose from.

Hope this helps you.;)

EDIT: FOUND IT! here is the site that has photos or various surfaces you can print out and glue to your "stone structure":

http://www.cgtextures.com/

pay particular attention to and click on the "brick" link, third over from "animals" there are also various stone walls there too.
________
Avandia class action

Last edited by a moderator:

Back