Christmas Photo Fun!

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Its that time of the year. Model railroads and Christmas just seem to go hand in hand. Since we don't do photo contests anymore, it might be fun to post your Christmas layout shots for everyone to enjoy. I look forward to seeing them!

As a starting point, here is one of mine from years past...

"Oh Christmas Tree"

The afternoon light fades as a Rio Grande crew cuts a Christmas tree, making good use of their time spent in the siding at Rocky. Earlier in the week brakeman Jim had spotted the nearly perfect tree near the east switch and promised to get it for his kids if he got the chance. While the engineer and brakeman quickly harvest the tree, the fireman stays on the engine to "mind the store". Excitement is high because everyone knows that they will be home for Christmas with their families once the board turns green.

i-PDkQMCc.jpg

Great idea Eric!
Here's another from the past, the Santa train winding its way thru Black Bear Lake on the old layout:

Wow Mark! Those are some great pictures!

That is sweet looking, never even seen or heard of this train before.

Really cool...

Fantastic photos so far!!! This is a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit.

Grampy- Santa's helper is, ah, unlike many of the other helpers... :D

CP ROCKS for running the Holiday Train. There are little kids watching it today that will always have fond memories thanks to CP. That's corporate citizenship. Great pics MGWSY!

Here is another oldie, re-edited.

A Rio Grande freight waits on snowy rails for a clear signal as a backyard Christmas party deteriorates into a snowball fight.

i-hWD2Xc2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the variety and talent here!

I am between layouts, and probably won't have a Christmas train display this year, so I will just post a wintry scene and hope it passes the smell test.

Pennsy Q2 on a Mission

StackwinterQ22final.png

Love the variety and talent here!

I am between layouts, and probably won't have a Christmas train display this year, so I will just post a wintry scene and hope it passes the smell test.

Pennsy Q2 on a Mission

StackwinterQ22final.png
Smells like coal smoke on a snowy day around christmas time.....otherwise great photo! :)

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I tried to make it look realistic. The Q2 was a brute of a locomotive, although brutish in a refined sort of way. :)

This is a fantastic bunch of pictures! Every one of them is really great in one way or another. However, that picture by grande man just has something a little special about it.:p

Back