Chessie System Project (3 bay Covered Hopper)

TrucTrain55

I’m stating to build up my Chessie System Rolling stock I don’t know how many I’ll get done but here’s a start with this Hopper

E1D0C80B-3515-4CFB-8D3D-6ABDAD68FD74.jpeg
01A3CDB2-18D0-4585-AAF8-C5600A248876.jpeg

Thanks. I think I’m going to keep mine new looking. I would like to see a pic of your you can post it here if you want

One thing I could never find reference on or see pics was which cars had blue bottoms and which was yellow bottoms. I have a couple cars that may or may not be correct.
Some say the C&O and the B&O were blue and the WM was yellow. Some say it's the car type but can't find reliable info.

One thing I could never find reference on or see pics was which cars had blue bottoms and which was yellow bottoms. I have a couple cars that may or may not be correct.
Some say the C&O and the B&O were blue and the WM was yellow. Some say it's the car type but can't find reliable info.

I seen the same thing. My micro scale decals came with a reference sheet with the blue bottoms I can post it here if you need it. I personally don’t like the blue bottoms so accurate or not mine won’t be painted that way

I seen the same thing. My micro scale decals came with a reference sheet with the blue bottoms I can post it here if you need it. I personally don’t like the blue bottoms so accurate or not mine won’t be painted that way
For me it's mostly curiosity, I'm not painting the bottom of a car to make it right.

Looks good Lee. What type of paint and colors are you using? I see you didn't try to wrap the decals over the car's structural support beams?
George

George. I’m using Krlon Sun Yellow I tested others but that’s the color I chose that I like there so many Chessie yellow car it’s hard to decide. I tried to wrap it around the brace but it won’t lay down even with micro sol it just wouldn’t lay down so I took the easy way out. Thanks for the complement and stopping by

Back