Ceramic tiles!?

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
So I drove around that "powder receiving" industry today, and it seems they make ceramics of some sort. Not sure, I still couldn't find a sign, gotta wonder how shippers know what it is, anyways, there's a "stucco expo" wherehouse next door too, but no rail use there... I'm gonna keep trying to figure this out, anyways here's some shots.

First 4 shots are 4/5 open to shoot covered hoppers, there's still another 3 I couldn't shoot!

Some great shot's there Josh, you are LUCKY to have such great railroads, we have not got a lot you can get anywhere near

More like, lucky to have accepting cops! Like I said I was being watched, they just never came up to me.

I presume the shippers know where the stuff is supposed to go, and the RRs know what all the spurs do and what's in each car, so all that needs to be done is for the receivers to know what's in each hopper car, and tell the RR to spot Car # XXXXXXX on Spur # XX, position #2 (if multiples)....

:D

Kennedy

These type threads are a modeler's gold mine. It's great that we've got a place to post them. I've thought of several industries around here to post, just need to get off the couch and do it. :rolleyes:

Yup, one of these days, I'm gonna go towards downtown San Diego and shoot the Union Tribune paper spur ;)

Back