Central Georgia

Truckload

View attachment 36116

I would welcome comments, suggestions or ideas for my Central Georgia 22x15 HO layout now in planning and bench work phase.

I have included a PDF, and both cadrail 9.5 and dxf files are available if someone would like me to email them.

The staging tracks are to be 2 inches lower than the yard tracks and will be covered with removable foam hills to hide them.

My priorities: Lone Wolf operation, continuous running, just a few industries but large, wide aisles, 30" minimum curves, Georgia setting similar to the former Central of Georgia lines as operated by Southern Railway in the 1970's.

Truckload:

Your layout diagram looks like it will be very pleasant watching long trains cruising around your sweeping curves.

Just a thought: Adding some small industry sidings here and there would add visual interest - even if you don't switch the industries.

DougC

Truckload:

Your layout diagram looks like it will be very pleasant watching long trains cruising around your sweeping curves.

Just a thought: Adding some small industry sidings here and there would add visual interest - even if you don't switch the industries.

DougC

Yep, good point. Once I am really, really sure about the main line configuration, I will be adding industry tracks. Right now, I want to make sure I am not missing a big problem or opportunity with the configuration of the main.

Nice big space you have!

Thats a great looking plan, I like it. I wouldn't change anything.

OK, just to toss a few ideas out there.
-Putting in a spur at the paper mill and the cement plant would allow cars to be left there without preventing the siding you have being used as a passing siding for two trains to pass. It would also mean a switching engine could be left there.
- A crossover between two of the sidings on the main yard would let you run around a car,without tying up the mainline.
-If you want to be able to reverse train directions you could do that with a reversing section between the upper and lower track to the left of the paper mill. If the height differential is too great you could come off the siding to the lower left of the mill , go around above the mill, then join back onto the siding below the mill. Im not sure whether its worth having a reversing loop on a deisel layout.

Back