Cement Plant design

krazyloader

Spartanburg & Western RR
I need some help. I plan on modeling a cement plant using Walthers Valley Cement. I'm haveing trouble designing a track plan. My space for this is in the shape of an L. One side is 10ft long by 8ft long and 2ft wide. would like a connection to the outside world also for interchange. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Keith -

Do you already have the Valley Cement kit? If so, look at the box - there's a "footprint" diagram on the side. (I would have scanned it and posted it here, except it's a copyrighted image so I figured I'm not allowed to do that.)

You'll notice the way they have it laid out, it's just under 24" wide - meaning it would just barely fit in your 2'-wide space. I'm facing the same problem, so what I'm planning do to is: Rather than have the siloes out toward the front like they do, I'll extend the silo conveyor in a linear (rather than perpendicular) direction from the kiln building, with the siloes against the backdrop. This cuts the width requirement almost in half, leaving space for the main line right-of-way and interchange track. (Of course, this will require some kitbashing mods to the areas connecting with the conveyor.)

Good luck, let us know how you work this out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back