CCC GP7 755 Enters the Paint Shop

NWR #200

Irish Expatriate
My railroad, the Cowlitz, Chehalis, and Cascade Railway (CCC, TripleC, see http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1920&page=2&pp=10 for more info) is having its first of five locomotives painted. IMAGINEERED HISTORY: GP7 755 was built for the NKP and purchased by the CCC from Morris-Knudson in 1975, following a complete overhaul.

The model itself started its life as a P2K Pennsy GP7 purchased off ebay. The 755 is currently awaiting a few extra details and should be done in a few weeks. I plan on purchasing an another GP7, of Atlas manufacture, and equip it with ditch lights rather than a gyralight, as the 755 has. Attached is an in progress photo and a depiction of its completed state. Still awaiting the numbers from Micro-Scale and the custom logo my friend printed off. David Epling is doing the painting/detailing and took the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. The P2K Geep is worthy of such great attention to detail. We love ours. Be sure to post updates so we can follow along. As someone getting into loco detailing, maybe I can pick up a few tips.

Slowly but surely the 755 is being completed. Here is the nealry current state (more details are on.) Just waiting on decals...

Here is a shot of near finished product. Some touch up still needs to be done with the black lines and a couple flimsy lifelike grab irons need to be replaced. I'm pretty happy with my engine and can't wait to get it running.

Do you know how the decals were done? Like off a printer or something a littl emore advanced? Curious cause I want to get a unit put together for my freelance road.

I asked my friend who is in the design industry to run off a set. I think he used decal paper in a printer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back