Cat Load

funnelfan

After finding some good 1:87 Norscot Cat tractors for $6 each at a local Wally World, I made this loaded car in just a couple days time. Gotta love them tractor loads, now that we have some decent US equipment availible for a reasonable cost.
The car is intermountain's excellent 60' Wood Deck equipment flatcar. It comes with a laser scribed wood deck that takes to weathering really well. This car is very accurate, but leaves little room for weight as they didn't try to cram a flat metal weight between the deck and underframe. I filled to centersill with lead, but the car was still light. But now with the two tractors, the car weighs 6 ounces, more than enough to be placed on the head end of a long train.
Weathering was with Polly S Grimy Black dilluted with rubbing alcohol. And the tie down chains come with the Intermountain kit.

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@yahoo.com

Hey Ted,,, good to have you over here, hows life over that side of the pond. It's been a couple of years since i last e-mailed you. Great job with the CATexcavators

If anyone wants a look at Ted's web site it's fantastic, go take a good look around;) :D ;)
http://www.icehouse.net/funnelfan/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! I have seen those Norscot cats but,never give them a passing thought because I thought they would look to big..Thanks to your picture I see they are very acceptable as a load.:cool:
Thanks for sharing!:D

Are you back from N scale, Ted? Last I saw you were ebaying all the HO and going N.

Paul formerly of Rathdrum.

Back